Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 26 Oct 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
#431
katy341
Imagineer
 
katy341's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11
I've been in your situation so big hugs!

Personally, I'd get I there first about Xmas...text and offer boxing day as the kids will be jet lagged (before he asks for Xmas day) and if he starts then tough! Boxing day or after or nothing!

As far as the letter goes I took one but never got asked for it but glad I had it with me...I googled a template for it.

It's great you gave people fir your food shop. If your making dinner at home on Xmas day cheat and make it easier buy in advance where u can, blanch and freeze!

It's gonna be stressful on the lead up! I've decided to write a date list with tasks and stick to it...dontvover do it like me or it becomes very over whelming!

You will get there and imagine how proud of what you've achieved you will be! Xxx
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
#432
Wobbles
VIP Dibber
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 08

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
The opposite - but no children, we are back on the 23rd.

We have decided that we are not going to do a lot of food over Christmas, just snacky food and pulled pork on Christmas Day (Just Us). We will do a roast on New Years Day

We intend to do present shopping for everyone else over our visit out there and post them when we get back. We are seeing family over the time between Christmas and New Year so no rush there.

I want the Christmas Tree up on the 1st Dec as usual - that is my stipulation
__________________
Emma and Steven

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Putts and Balls and Snow Falls 2021 - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
#433
swintonowl
Chilling at Carribean Beach
 
Join Date: Jul 16
We’re hoping to do Christmas this year but haven’t booked anything yet so hoping for some better prices being released if the airlines put on more flights or bigger planes.

In December 2018 we were due to fly on 19th December from Gatwick.

Ordered some Christmas presents for the kids with delivery to an Amazon locker to collect on arrival.

As we left the house on the morning of the 19th we also put presents in the kids bedrooms so they would be there from Santa when they got back.

This was when the drone incident happened at Gatwick, so we had to come home (quickly re-hide the presents) and rebook.

All the presents in the Amazon locker got returned to Amazon (because we didn’t pick up in time).

We finally flew on 23rd and had to re-order all the presents again.

We would have wrote off the holiday and not gone, however we were meeting grandparents over there who had done a transatlantic cruise so couldn’t not go.

That was the most stressful trip we’ve ever done.
swintonowl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
#434
Blondie40
Earning More Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 17
Location: Hertfordshire
We arrive back 23rd as well. Going to put an M & S food order in. Will do my Xmas shopping on holiday 🕺
Blondie40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
#435
Chris7cc
Helping Minnie
 
Join Date: Jan 18
Location: Buckinghamshire
We fly on the 22nd December and it's our DS birthday on the 23rd and our DD on the 24th as well, we have told the children that they can have birthday presents before we go.

Santa is going to do stocking fillers so we don't have to pack much and leave them a a gift card.
Chris7cc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
#436
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber
 
Jaspercat10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 17
We are due to leave on the 10th for 3 weeks, I am stressing about it but I am just going to write a list and try and do one thing at a time, I am more worried about the travel side of getting us there, my kids are all a bit older so the Christmas side I will just give them so money top spend
__________________
Jaspercat10 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
#437
SuzyM
slightly serious Dibber
 
SuzyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 09

SuzyM's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We go on 27th Dec and stressing massively about catching covid as we can't avoid family gatherings over Christmas! I can't not see family as we missed seeing them last year at Christmas, so they are looking forward to us all being able to get together!
I don't know what I was thinking moving our Aug 2020 hol to (first Aug 2021 then) Dec 21! I still really want to go, but I am really worried about testing positive just before and having to cancel!
__________________
Suzy
DLC: 1997, 2015 // DLP: 1998, 1999, 2001, 2013.
WDW: 1996, 2000, 2003 (all offsite); 2007 (POR); 2008 (OKW); 2010 (SSR); 2012 (OKW); 2014 (BC); 2016 (AKL); 2018 (POFQ); Dec 2021 - Pop; 2022 - CBR.
TDL and DLHK: July/Aug 2017
SuzyM is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
#438
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Oct 10
Originally Posted by SuzyM View Post
We go on 27th Dec and stressing massively about catching covid as we can't avoid family gatherings over Christmas! I can't not see family as we missed seeing them last year at Christmas, so they are looking forward to us all being able to get together!
I don't know what I was thinking moving our Aug 2020 hol to (first Aug 2021 then) Dec 21! I still really want to go, but I am really worried about testing positive just before and having to cancel!
Same date n same conundrum here… outside meet ups with fam only? Can’t not c people tho… I can see why some are getting anxious about these upcoming hols: wish we could just be getting excited and counting days down like in the olden days🤦
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
#439
MTEC
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Sep 13
Originally Posted by katy341 View Post
I've been in your situation so big hugs!

Personally, I'd get I there first about Xmas...text and offer boxing day as the kids will be jet lagged (before he asks for Xmas day) and if he starts then tough! Boxing day or after or nothing!

As far as the letter goes I took one but never got asked for it but glad I had it with me...I googled a template for it.

It's great you gave people fir your food shop. If your making dinner at home on Xmas day cheat and make it easier buy in advance where u can, blanch and freeze!

It's gonna be stressful on the lead up! I've decided to write a date list with tasks and stick to it...dontvover do it like me or it becomes very over whelming!

You will get there and imagine how proud of what you've achieved you will be! Xxx
Thank you.
To be honest, i dont think the kids would go with him. As for xmas gifts hes giving them A £25 amazon voucher each and saying im making him look bad by getting them the gifts theyve asked for (ps5, laptop, vr headset).
I cook my meat on Christmas eve and prep the veg so it should be fine.
Its going to be very strange. Ive worked christmas eve every year for the last 20yrs. Tnis is my first one not working it.
We will have an amazing time. Just need my daughters passport to hurry up now!
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
#440
Ball81
Excited about Disney
 
Ball81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 16
Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Same date n same conundrum here… outside meet ups with fam only? Can’t not c people tho… I can see why some are getting anxious about these upcoming hols: wish we could just be getting excited and counting days down like in the olden days🤦
We are the same date and wondering if its all worth it. Its meant to be a Christmas Surprise for the kids but with all the worrying and tests will need to be done on the 24th I strongly suspect my eldest will figure it out .
Ball81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Florida
On 21st November 8:54am
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro revealed Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind... Read More »
Posted in Florida
On 12th November 11:54am
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment has launched a Black Friday offer from November 11- 29, 2021... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 4th November 11:54am
Experience SeaWorld as the park is transformed into a winter wonderland with more than 3... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3050
CaxtonFX  $1.2997
Covent Garden FX  $1.3206
FAIRFX  $1.3033
John Lewis  $1.3063
M&S  $1.2861
Post Office  $1.2842
Sainsburys  $1.3018
TESCO  $1.3046
Travelex  $1.2966
Updated: 08:00 29/11/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1545
CaxtonFX  €1.1538
Covent Garden FX  €1.1709
FAIRFX  €1.1518
John Lewis  €1.1548
M&S  €1.1416
Post Office  €1.1365
Sainsburys  €1.1522
TESCO  €1.1544
Travelex  €1.1476
Updated: 08:00 29/11/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X