Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Oct 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
little tink
slightly serious Dibber

Virgin Atlantic reward flights

Hi I am looking to book some reward flights for next September 10th to the 24th, but there are no reward seats showing as available yet only indirect with Delta which use more miles. Has anybody successfully booked reward flights for next August/September recently and if so how soon after the normal flights were released did the reward seats show? Thank you for your help.

Little Tink
little tink is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

I just booked my outbound a few days ago as they were released for 19th August, so to get to your full return dates I think you might be looking at another month or so if they keep releasing day by day as they have been. Obviously no guarantees that they will release any though.
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were waiting on same dates but haven't been release yet atbh I am not sure there will be. We have sign up to seat spy to alert us if seats become available.

Started looking at West Coast and can fly man to New York then 3 days later onto San Francisco stay around 10 days and fly direct to Manchester from los angeles. Premium flight to and from UK for 60,000 miles (companion flight) and £485 taxes each

Example

Edited at 05:58 PM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

We’re going sept 24th to Oct 8th. I booked our outbound LHR-MIA this morning as they were released but the LHR-MCO seems to be about 4 weeks behind what’s being released for other destinations.

I know that VS are in the process of changing the planes they are using to fly to MCO to increase capacity so maybe they will be releasing reward seats soon.

If I were you I wouldn’t wait for your inbound flights to be released if you see outbound flights available as with all this pent up demand I think reward seats will go very quickly.

What route are you looking for ?
Old 28 Oct 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
little tink
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you for your replies. I was looking for LHR to MCO so fingers crossed they release some soon.

Little Tink
little tink is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by little tink View Post
Thank you for your replies. I was looking for LHR to MCO so fingers crossed they release some soon.
I’ve just had a look on Seatspy and there are seats available for your dates going LHR-MIA return. Maybe you could go for those, whilst they are available, and then switch them to LHR-MCO if, and when, they are released.

I know you may get charged an amendment fee, and as you say it’s a bit of a faff, but at least this way you know you’ve got flights in the bag and it relieves some of the stress.
Old 30 Oct 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

We are looking Man to MCO - we are currenty booked indirect but hoping some direct ones come up they are only released to mid 20's in August at the moment - think its 25th. they have a big delay on the orlando route this year to give people with reward vouchers a chance to rebook before they release reward flights (thats what the flying club advisor told me anyway) Been past my outbound date and there was a couple of upper class ones released that week but nothing else whereas anything after about 17th and availability is starting to come through now. Its literally just a waiting game.