Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 17 Jul 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SGJA
a Friend of the DIBB

Hi! Just reading what people buy from Walmart. That’s our ‘go to’ store when we first arrive .. especially the make-up isle! So much cheaper than the UK. By the way, has anyone used the ‘click and collect’ grocery service (think they call it ‘kerbside collection’). I’ve created myself a Walmart account in preparation for our vacation next April and plan to order all the things you need but don’t want to spend hours wandering around the store trying to find! More time then for the pool!
SGJA is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SGJA View Post
Hi! Just reading what people buy from Walmart. That’s our ‘go to’ store when we first arrive .. especially the make-up isle! So much cheaper than the UK. By the way, has anyone used the ‘click and collect’ grocery service (think they call it ‘kerbside collection’). I’ve created myself a Walmart account in preparation for our vacation next April and plan to order all the things you need but don’t want to spend hours wandering around the store trying to find! More time then for the pool!
We usually do one trip to Walmart, mostly for wax melts
We haven’t used the kerbside service but scottishnellie has and it’s included in her trip reports if you want to take a look
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
It seems most Walmart’s we’re only open to 8pm until the middle of last month when they extended it to 11pm
I know our 2 local ones ar now 11pm
I avoid that Walmart at all costs car park is a night mare and it’s always so busy
Helen

This thread took me back a couple of years to a thread started by Wotever who used to be a Walmart manager - he was bemoaning the car park layout then.

He hasn't been on here for ages. Wonder how his Universal job's going.

https://DIBB.in/13434413

Mick
Old 17 Jul 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SGJA View Post
Yes I’ve used the kerbside collection and it’s as good as can be. Drive down the side of the store to the pick-up zone where it’s not busy and they come out of a side entrance and load the bags into the boot of your car.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
Yes I’ve used the kerbside collection and it’s as good as can be. Drive down the side of the store to the pick-up zone where it’s not busy and they come out of a side entrance and load the bags into the boot of your car.
Sounds like my Monday morning trip to Aldi for my Click and Collect
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I’ve used it
It can be a right pain to pay sometimes I use my US bank debit card less hassle
Biggest issue it’s only open 8am - 8pm so it can be a close call on arrival day if you have a later flight or are delayed
I only use it for first night basics though
Prefer to use insta cart for Target Winne Dixie Aldi and now I can’t wait to use it for Kroger for delivery
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Helen

This thread took me back a couple of years to a thread started by Wotever who used to be a Walmart manager - he was bemoaning the car park layout then.

He hasn't been on here for ages. Wonder how his Universal job's going.

https://DIBB.in/13434413

Mick
Your final comment on that thread deserved a smiley even if it is 3 years after you posted it
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
SGJA
a Friend of the DIBB

Thanks all!

Gryff - is there a Kroger coming to Kissimmee? Like Kroger a lot, use it when we go to Hilton Head Island 😊. And when you say that paying is an issue sometimes, is that trying to use a UK credit card?
Old 17 Jul 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

No actual stores as yet but a warehouse for delivery’s
Yes a UK CC can sometimes cause an issue I’m not sure if you can use pay pal I just use our Debit card on our US bank account
I’d love a Kroger and Trader Joes I do use Fresh Market a lot we’ve one not far from the villa if I’m down that way
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
SGJA
a Friend of the DIBB

Thanks, Gryff. Like Fresh Market too 👍

Anyone know about Publix? Do they do ‘kerbside’?