Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 31 Jul 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

We have been lucky enough to go to the US a lot and I still have to have a Dollar tree fix, nothing beats a rocking hula girl car dashboard ornament
I also love Supertarget
My niece asked me to pick up some bits from Five Below it was very similar to a store we have here in one of our outlets ,which I can't for the life of me remember its name, but if anyone knows Gloucester Quays it's in there!
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
We have been lucky enough to go to the US a lot and I still have to have a Dollar tree fix, nothing beats a rocking hula girl car dashboard ornament
I also love Supertarget
My niece asked me to pick up some bits from Five Below it was very similar to a store we have here in one of our outlets ,which I can't for the life of me remember its name, but if anyone knows Gloucester Quays it's in there!
I live in Bristol so not far from there.

I honestly don’t know what she wants from the dollar store.. sweets and junk I guess haha.

And squishmallows ha
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Honestly don’t knock the Dollar Tree my god daughters teachers one in Florida one here love me to do a craft shop for them they both work in deprived areas where English isn’t the first language at home and they both are multi lingual
As if not got out their craft supplies are low especially god daughter in Florida she’s currently doing a back to school drive for basics such as paper and pencils and simple readers for take home books even refillable water bottles and donated lunch promises
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Honestly don’t knock the Dollar Tree my god daughters teachers one in Florida one here love me to do a craft shop for them they both work in deprived areas where English isn’t the first language at home and they both are multi lingual
As if not got out their craft supplies are low especially god daughter in Florida she’s currently doing a back to school drive for basics such as paper and pencils and simple readers for take home books even refillable water bottles and donated lunch promises
I meant junk as in stuff she doesn’t need.

Although the quality of stuff in dollar stores/pound shops isn’t going to be brilliant overall but it has its uses in certain circumstances like you mention although we will be on holiday so won’t be using it for anything like you have mentioned.
Old 1 Aug 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

DD absolutely loves a dollartree trip, we usually go to one along 192 by Target to get them both in one trip! Longhorns for lunch after!
Old 3 Aug 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I used to frequent the dollar store for gift wrapping supplies-some things are only worth a dollar but Target and Walmart charge 3-4X that-gift bags for example.

My warning to anyone entering one is set a budget before you enter. It's too easy to throw things in the cart "because it's only $1."

And I agree. They are great for craft/school supplies but be careful if you are shopping for anything where quality matters (for example batteries and small electronics as well as crayons and markers)
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
I used to frequent the dollar store for gift wrapping supplies-some things are only worth a dollar but Target and Walmart charge 3-4X that-gift bags for example.

My warning to anyone entering one is set a budget before you enter. It's too easy to throw things in the cart "because it's only $1."

And I agree. They are great for craft/school supplies but be careful if you are shopping for anything where quality matters (for example batteries and small electronics as well as crayons and markers)
Yes I only buy gift paper, pencils and the odd colouring book from places like the pound shop in the UK as it’s so cheap.

I think a budget for a dollar store may be a good idea. My daughter will have her own money and I’m sure she will spend it all in their if she could as like you say ‘it’s only a dollar’.

Is it cheaper to buy the stuff like sweets, chocolate, biscuits in the dollar store ? She will want to bring some back for her friends at school.
Old 4 Aug 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
DD absolutely loves a dollartree trip, we usually go to one along 192 by Target to get them both in one trip! Longhorns for lunch after!
Thanks. I’m going to google longhorns and see what type
Of food it is
Old 4 Aug 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Dollar tree was the top my my DD’s wish list a couple of years ago (she was a little disappointed once we got there) but now it’s Hobby lobby and Michaels .. my poor bank account 😭
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ohanaa View Post
Is it cheaper to buy the stuff like sweets, chocolate, biscuits in the dollar store ? She will want to bring some back for her friends at school.
I wouldn't say it's cheaper than somewhere like Walmart or Target. It's similar to buying from Poundland vs Tesco or Sainsbury's here.

They usually change the package size to fit within the $1 price tag rather than discount the normal size. For example, you can get a 3oz bag of M&Ms at Dollar Tree but the 10oz bag from Walmart is just over $3. Little more expensive at Target, but still overall the same price per weight.

You should have more variety at Walmart/Target than Dollar Tree as well.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List