Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 1 Aug 21, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

May 22 - how does this look?

Here is a rough plan.
Does it look ok? Anything I should change about ?

Day 1 is 18th May 22.

1. Arrive approx 3pm. Get the hire car, check in and have a wonder around a park + get sons DAS pass. Possibly do a couple of rides & get some food. Magic kingdom

2. Magic kingdom.
3. AK
4. Water park -blizzard beach (sat)
5. Hollywood studios (sun)
6. Epcot
7. AK
8. Typhoon lagoon - water park
9. Hollywood studios
10. Sea world day/Epcot on the evening
11. MK (sat)
12. AK (sun)
13. Memorial Day 30th May- Discovery cove as they limit numbers then go to a park on a evening once DC is shut.
14. Hotel switch day - outlet shopping
15. Universal studios
16. Universal island of adventure
17. Volcano bay (4th June, sons 9th Birthday)
18. Busch gardens (sat)
19. Universal studios (sun)
20. Aqutica
21. Universal island of adventure

22. Home (need to leave at 2pm) will spend the morning visiting any last minute rides the kids wants to go on one last time

If I don’t put a park down for day 14 which is our hotel change over day would we still be able to pop in on a afternoon to one after 2pm? If we felt like it. It would be our last valid ticket day for Disney.

Also for day 1 will I need to book magic kingdom ? We won’t be able to get to the park til approx 5/6pm.
I picked Magic kingdom on day 1 as I think it stays open later then AK

Edited at 12:20 PM.
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

That is a really busy itinerary, you may hit a brick wall if you do all those parks back to back. I would feature in more rest days, Have you been before. It is just my personal opinion and experience.
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Busy schedule buts it’s the way we like it too.

We also arrive on Wednesday 18th.

We gave up on going to a park on first night a while back as too tired.

Where are you staying?
Old 1 Aug 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Originally Posted by jo williams View Post
That is a really busy itinerary, you may hit a brick wall if you do all those parks back to back. I would feature in more rest days, Have you been before. It is just my personal opinion and experience.
Thanks. The water park visits we are classing as rest days & DC day and although we are doing full days at the parks we may leave 4-5pm and relax by the pool and get tea out so not there til Closing.

It’s our first time
Old 1 Aug 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Busy schedule buts it’s the way we like it too.

We also arrive on Wednesday 18th.

We gave up on going to a park on first night a while back as too tired.

Where are you staying?
Hey.
What does your days look like?

We are staying in all stars music & then universal Aventura for the last 8 days. You?
Old 1 Aug 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

You need to book a park to enter if it's your first one of the day, the 2pm rule only applies to park hopping. But you don't have to decide that now, typically only need to book a few days in advance and can even get same day reservations if not at capacity so can see how you're feeling while there. Although being Memorial Day weekend, you may want to book something beforehand then change it if there's capacity elsewhere.

I don't think I would plan to go to a park on your first evening. The flight is likely going to be quite overwhelming for your son (I know it's your first US trip, not sure how much you've travelled elsewhere) and if 3pm is your landing time, I wouldn't count on being at Disney much before 6pm. Might be sooner, but arrivals are typically very slow so I wouldn't count on it. I am used to longhaul flying (went to Australia on the refuel only flights a lot pre-Covid) and even I don't plan anything that first evening.

It'll be easy enough to sort out DAS at MK in the morning. You should be able to get it from the guest relations window by the entrance (to the right hand side of the tapstiles) so can get it done before the park even opens as you'll probably be up and out early enough.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
You need to book a park to enter if it's your first one of the day, the 2pm rule only applies to park hopping. But you don't have to decide that now, typically only need to book a few days in advance and can even get same day reservations if not at capacity so can see how you're feeling while there. Although being Memorial Day weekend, you may want to book something beforehand then change it if there's capacity elsewhere.

I don't think I would plan to go to a park on your first evening. The flight is likely going to be quite overwhelming for your son (I know it's your first US trip, not sure how much you've travelled elsewhere) and if 3pm is your landing time, I wouldn't count on being at Disney much before 6pm. Might be sooner, but arrivals are typically very slow so I wouldn't count on it. I am used to longhaul flying (went to Australia on the refuel only flights a lot pre-Covid) and even I don't plan anything that first evening.

It'll be easy enough to sort out DAS at MK in the morning. You should be able to get it from the guest relations window by the entrance (to the right hand side of the tapstiles) so can get it done before the park even opens as you'll probably be up and out early enough.
Do Disney do anything special for Memorial Day or weekend?

You may be right… I think I’m just super eager for day one haha
He’s done a couple of long haul before. We have been to Mexico & Jamaica with him as well as some shorter haul Trips.
Old 1 Aug 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarkkent
Gone all Goofy

That’s one busy schedule, but loving it! My only recommendation would be to avoid the water parks on a weekend - it tends to get busier than during the week due to locals using it as well as Disney guests.
Clarkkent is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Ohanaa View Post
Hey.
What does your days look like?

We are staying in all stars music & then universal Aventura for the last 8 days. You?
Sounds great, love ASMu….

Flying in with Virgin on 18th from Man, then HRH 5 nights and Poly for 11 nights coming back at the end of U.K. half term.

We have booked a park for every day…. Still not set in the order for Disney, but also 1 day in SW. No Discovery Cove yet…. Will hopefully do in a few years when the little ones are older.
Old 1 Aug 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ohanaa View Post
Do Disney do anything special for Memorial Day or weekend?

You may be right… I think I’m just super eager for day one haha
He’s done a couple of long haul before. We have been to Mexico & Jamaica with him as well as some shorter haul Trips.
No they don't. It's just a super popular weekend since it's the start of the summer season and all the US schools are off by then.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List