Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Sep 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
3 large bins -
green = household rubbish emptied every other Tuesday
grey = all recycling emptied alternate weeks to the above
brown = garden rubbish (free) emptied every 4 weeks throughout spring/summer. Before Covid it was every 2 weeks.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 09:10 AM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Dayle
Imagineer

Black wheelie bin general waste - 4 weekly!
Brown garden waste (£35 I think) - 2weekly
Stacking crates for recycling top paper, middle cans and plastics, bottom glass and brown cardboard - weekly
Food caddy - weekly
We are in Conwy
Dayle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Not many that just have black bags like us.

Just one truck comes each week and both the black sacks and orange recycling sacks go in it.

We’ve had the same set up here for at least 25 years which was when I think they added the orange sacks.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

We have. .

Black wheelie bin general rubbish
Green lid wheelie bin garden and kitchen waste
Small caddy for kitchen that I buy liners for as it goes into green bin.
Blue box for glass
Clear plastic sacks for paper, clean plastic, cans, aerosols.

The green bin is collected weekly (although I think it has a break Jan - March)
The black bin is collected fortnightly, alternating with the blue box and clear sacks. They will take cardboard on the appropriate week.

This is Epping Forest District Council. They don't get much right but I think their refuse collection is excellent.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sussex. We don't have any. Our rubbish is all put in community bins covering a few streets. Still have recycling, general rubbish, glass and cartons. It's so much easier I just take the rubbish/recycling round whenever my kitchen bin is full. Before this I had to put it in the dustbin out the back and remove the black sack and take it through the house and leave it outside on bin day. We have no back entrance and were not allowed to leave actual bins on the pavement. The seagulls loved bin day!
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Picalily View Post
Sussex. We don't have any. Our rubbish is all put in community bins covering a few streets. Still have recycling, general rubbish, glass and cartons. It's so much easier I just take the rubbish/recycling round whenever my kitchen bin is full. Before this I had to put it in the dustbin out the back and remove the black sack and take it through the house and leave it outside on bin day. We have no back entrance and were not allowed to leave actual bins on the pavement. The seagulls loved bin day!
This sounds odd but could you post a photo of your community bins please? I'd be interested to know how bulky they are.

Many thanks
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Magics
Very Serious Dibber

Black/grey bin general waste every 2 weeks .
Red bin cardboard every 2 weeks.
Yellow bin plastic/glass/tins every 2 weeks.
Brown bin garden waste every 2 weeks.
Old 5 Sep 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Caerphilly Council has:
Green wheelie bin for general waste collected fortnightly.
Grey wheelie bin for all recycling collected weekly.
Green caddie for food waste collected weekly.
Green bag for garden waste collected weekly - although you can use anything with an open top - next door used to use one of those old tall dirty washing baskets.
The food and green waste have the same van but with different sections.

Recycling comes on a Thursday, everything else on a Wednesday, so bins out only 2 mornings a week. I'll not put mine out if less than half full.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I know we have all full/large size bins: black, green, brown and blue. I know the black one is general waste and green is garden waste but my husband sorts the bins out, he us big on recycling 👍🏻 so we have rubbish is kept separate in our utility and he puts them out. He also takes the big bins out for collection. I have no idea what or when though because thats his job. Its very often though, the only time we struggled with waste was when Mason was on a feeding tube and the amount of wasted plastic was staggering, we rang our council and they agreed to take the extra overflow 👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

4 wheelie bins, all normal size apart from grey which is smaller as only the 2 of us.

Grey bin is for general waste emptied every 2 weeks.

Blue bin is for paper/cardboard emptied every 4 weeks.

Black bin is for plastics, bottles, cans, aerosols, jars emptied every 4 weeks.

Green bin is for garden waste and food waste and is normally emptied every week but if there are staff shortages these don't get emptied and just get done the next week.