Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 Sep 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SandLake View Post
I have found this YouTube video from June this year, it is a walk through of MCO, if you go to 10mins 8secs there is a temporary sign posted that effectively says car rentals have been consoldated into Terminal A.

Thanks for that. Guess it makes economic sense with the suspension of lots of international flights into side B. The video was a domestic arrival.

Mick

PS also worth checking for anyone arriving soon from the UK who haven't signed up to the VTP. Go straight to the desks or garage on side A at the minute

Edited at 04:10 PM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
epickles
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Thank you for the reminder! First timers - delayed trip from 2020, now going Easter 22. Had originally sorted the VTP and forgot all about it. Just signed up again now and booked dates etc. Hopefully the issue of A /B side will just fall into place and the QR code will be recognised regardless. Many thanks
epickles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by epickles View Post
Thank you for the reminder! First timers - delayed trip from 2020, now going Easter 22. Had originally sorted the VTP and forgot all about it. Just signed up again now and booked dates etc. Hopefully the issue of A /B side will just fall into place and the QR code will be recognised regardless. Many thanks
Last time I looked at my app there was also an option to enter an alpha numeric code if the QR didn't scan. But hopefully by Easter all will be OK.

Mick
Old 30 Sep 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the reminder Mick, we must sort this out for our trip.
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Thanks for this, we normally collect out car onsite a few days in but our first trip next year is all villa so we will look into this. I showed DH briefly and he said it looked ideal for us, I told him I know of a guy on the Dibb who speaks very highly of the service and will have some threads I can read through! So thanks Mick, all of your info is much appreciated.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Healthcare29
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Just to be clear for when I visit next year.
You still leave the main highway & pass through the tolls, just not a pay toll, I ask as I can remember when I've visited before, sun pass I think, where there was no need to leave the main road & just carry straight on.
Healthcare29 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Healthcare29 View Post
Just to be clear for when I visit next year.
You still leave the main highway & pass through the tolls, just not a pay toll, I ask as I can remember when I've visited before, sun pass I think, where there was no need to leave the main road & just carry straight on.
Just like using Sunpass. Keep left and stay on the main carriageway You have no need to leave the main highway with Sunpass either

This is the first toll on 417 south after leaving MCO

Mick

Edited at 04:54 PM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Healthcare29
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Just like using Sunpass. Keep left and stay on the main carriageway You have no need to leave the main highway with Sunpass either

This is the first toll on 417 south after leaving MCO

Mick
Excellent thanks, even better than I thought it was, well worth the effort & cost, especially as the last time (2010) I missed the first toll (£60 fine) looking down to synch the Sat Nav & I'm sure it was the one above as well.
Healthcare29 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Healthcare29 View Post
Excellent thanks, even better than I thought it was, well worth the effort & cost, especially as the last time (2010) I missed the first toll (£60 fine) looking down to synch the Sat Nav & I'm sure it was the one above as well.
Hardly any effort. In 2019 I signed up (before the app was introduced) and took me 5 minutes getting the tag from a guy on side B. Now it took me 10 minutes to set up the app. Will take me a few minutes longer to walk over to side A to collect the tag

Costwise it's cheaper as well. No admin fee and some tolls are cheaper than paying cash.

Somewhere in my original thread that I linked in post #1 above I actually detailed the cost I think.

Mick
Old 5 Oct 21, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

We did the 3 tolls on the 417 from the airport yesterday down to the I4 and the costs are $1.75, $1.75 and $1.25 so $4.75 in total.

Using the Visitor Toll Pass (or in our case our own transponder that we bought years ago for $19.95) it costs $1.47, $1.47 and $0.80 so $3.74 but it’s the convenience of not having to stop at the booths or worrying about having change that makes the VTP worthwhile.

We got one for our last trip here in July which was such a last minute diversion due to changing covid quarantining restrictions that I’d not packed our own transponder.

Edited at 12:17 AM.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List