Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Sep 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’ve heard this Culvers is good but never been will have to try.
We rarely have burgers in Florida but if our appetite doesn't stretch to a Flo's Filet at Longhorn we have been known to visit Culvers on the corner of 192/Westside a few times.

Joan usually has mushroom and Swiss burger and I often have their fish and chips which are also good - if you can get used to having cole slaw as a side. They are all cooked fresh to order and not kept under a lamp as in some other establishments.

We always eat in but often buy some frozen custard (aka ice cream) to take back to the villa for afters and pray for no red traffic lights on the way.

Mick
Old 27 Sep 21, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Admiral Joe
Proud to wear my Ears

ESPN at Boardwalk for us.

We pretty much dump the suitcases in our room at the Beach Club and head straight over there. The not needing to have a reservation/ADR is a big plus as there is no stressing if flights are delayed etc.
Admiral Joe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Buffalo Wild Wings on the 192/Formosa for us. We had no real tradition for our first night until our last visit when we went to BWW had burgers, tenders, beers, nachos etc out on the deck watching the sun go down enjoying the sights, sounds and smells of our favourite part of the world to be together.

BWW first night is now on the timetable. My daughters won’t have it any other way 😅

Then bed and up to Publix/Target nice and early for the villa essentials. All the usuals plus a case of Yuengling beer for me!
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We normally call at Publix on 192 before we arrive at the villa and also get chicken pieces and some wedges. Also get bacon, tomatoes, eggs and some bread, for the next morning.

We also haven't tried Culver's so will have to give them a go.

We like to go to Fishbones on Sand lake Road, lovely fish and all you can eat prawns.

Will miss Sweet Tomatoes

Lesley and Melvin
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Lesley you really should try Culvers we like the fish and chips one meal usually does us both
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

My first dinner used to be ribs at Tony Roma's until they closed their I-Drive location a few years ago. Since then its been the Tuscan Chicken Soup and the lasagna at Carrabba's. I'll put both dishes up against just about any place. But generally I arrive before noon and thus my first meal is Denny's - as soon as I get off the plane and even before checking in to the hotel.
Old 27 Sep 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Have been doing Florida since 1992 and the first taste of Florida has never changed. Wendys every single time. My DW always has the Spicy Chicken Sandwich while for me its one of three; Dave's double or triple or a Baconator, depending on the hunger levels
Old 27 Sep 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We usually head for McDonalds, they have surprisingly decent hot tea!
Old 28 Sep 21, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post

If we are onsite at Universal, DH loves Red Oven Pizza, if at Disney and we have dropped the cases and gone to Epcot, it will just be a QS from somewhere around World Showcase, find a nice view of the lake to sit down and eat and marvel that we were at Newcastle airport 12 hrs before!

I’m never that hungry on arrival as my body is keeping me on UK time , but DH is always starving!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
JulieB01
VIP Dibber

JulieB01's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We will arrive on 10th, chuck cases in then head to Walmart at SD entrance, stock up on immediate essentials then back to the villa.
Unpack, have a brew and maybe a dip in the pool

First meal will probably be a Walmart pizza or some meat with Bob Evans mashed potatoes … heaven

Welcome to our own Home From Home

4 bed/3 bath Golf Course Villa with Pool and Games Room

Updated carpets and kitchen appliances in 2021

Edited at 08:26 AM.
JulieB01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List