Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 2 Oct 21, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

For all Culvers fans
Culvers is coming to Posner Park spring 2022
I’ll keep you posted
Due to open the same time as Hobby Lobby
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

God you are a healthy and organised lot! Our MC leaves us wine and giant pack of crisps which we eat on the pool deck, this tides us over until we get to Perkins for breakfast on the way to Walmart next morning. I feel very decadent now.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
baz
Getting Excited

baz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Peachy pot View Post
It totally depends on our flight and how wrecked we are. Traditionally it’s Outback Steakhouse for bloom onion petals and the gorgeous honey wheat bread, chicken ceaser salad for myself, crispy chicken sandwich (OH). Sweet potato fries to share. Drinks Strawberry lemonade (a must for me) and a sprite for (OH). If we’re really tired we’ll pick up a Flippers bbq chicken pizza with a side salad to share. We usually dump our cases and head to Walmart for the essentials then crash back at the hotel or villa and indulge in a glass of wine and a beer. We always have breakfast out on the first morning but we don’t really have a favourite and just see what we fancy on the day.x

Were outback also, I just have to get my Bloomin onion fix.
baz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I am going to say - Sweet Tomatoes, which we used to always have on the evening of our first full day - very cleansing and we will miss them. That was our first proper meal of the holiday

Between landing and then, we don't tend to eat much. I have severe allergies so we don't eat on the plane (apart from some snacks we bring with us).

We always have a couple of semi-melted jelly babies in the hire car before leaving the airport to lift blood sugar levels. We then have a quick trip to Publix for a snack for supper and cereals for breakfast. Lunch is also a snack at whichever water park we were lazing around.

But our first real taste of Florida was Sweet Tomatoes. I think we are going to go to Millers this year - mainly because every time Mr W or I have been missing Florida we seem to have had an email from them - and miss their zingers even more

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

I never eat after landing in the US. My first meal is always breakfast the next morning of pancakes, maple syrup, eggs, meat….the works! I love American breakfasts. Usually just in the food court on the first morning and I’ll take it outside to watch the sun come up and the resort come to life. Early risers are so polite and friendly on Disney property! I’ve met so many lovely joggers, smokers and insomniacs this way! We’re in NYC first in February and I’m already salivating at the thoughts of the first bite into those fluffy pancakes probably at 5am because of the jet lag. ☕️💜

Edited at 08:51 AM.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Something quick from the QS at the resort when I arrive because I'm often too tired to eat, and the next morning it has to be Mickey waffles
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

We stay on Universal or near Universal so it’s a dump of the cases at the hotel and over to the Hot Dog Hall of Fame at City Walk.
OH wants to mix it up next year and go to Millers Ale House, he swears by their baby back ribs.
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TeeKayDawn View Post
We stay on Universal or near Universal so it’s a dump of the cases at the hotel and over to the Hot Dog Hall of Fame at City Walk.
OH wants to mix it up next year and go to Millers Ale House, he swears by their baby back ribs.
DH likes Red Oven Pizza in Citywalk. I don’t like to eat late at night but he gets the munchies and always ends up at Red Oven! The last time we were in Florida ( Oct 2019) he went so often they started giving him the staff discount!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Day of arrival, it’s the ubiquitous annual 5min, Cagans Crossing, $100 Walmart dash challenge for first night/morning essentials. Mainly beer n snacks then a drive up to Florida Mall for a Shake Shack burger.
It’s amazing how something so, bland and limp looking tastes so good.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LoveHolidays
Apprentice Imagineer

We're creatures of habit so have the same arrival day traditions since our first trip in 1996.

We drop the cases at the villa and head out to Flippers Pizza for their amazing bread sticks and pizza washed down with a glass of Sierra Mist.

Can't wait to go back.

Busy planning Florida holiday number 17
LoveHolidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List