Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 4 Oct 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Love Boat to Belfast Day 6 - Sea Day

I was awake early today despite my later night – I had been awake until the early hours reading and messaging with Andy, so was surprised at how alert I was, but it was my last day on-board and although it was a designated chill day, I was keen not to waste any of it lying in bed.

I debated over where to eat breakfast as I had enjoyed the main dining room offerings, but in the end decided to opt for the Horizons buffet.

It was reasonably quiet and I found a seat very quickly and wandered to the buffet to collect some food – I opted for a full English again today, and finished up with a Danish pastry. The waiter who served me my orange juice and tea was one of my waiters who had been looking after me each evening, and he made sure I was well topped up with drinks – he had definitely earned the extra tip I was planning to give them later that evening – he had really gone above and beyond in looking after me throughout the trip.

I had brought my kindle with me and my headphones as I was planning to spend the morning chilling around the pool, and I headed there after breakfast to find it very quiet – it was a warm and sunny day thanks to the captain’s decision to take us south as quickly as possible, but it was on the breezy side and the breeze had a definite chill to it!

I ordered a cocktail and enjoyed a relaxing hour before I decided that enough was enough and needed to head back indoors to warm up!

I headed back to my cabin and decided to watch a movie – they had played Bohemian Rhapsody earlier in the cruise on the big screen and I had missed most of it, so popped it on the tv and chilled for a couple of hours watching it – I love this movie and it didn’t disappoint!

I was feeling peckish again by this point, so got out the app and ordered another pizza and cocktail to go with it and headed out to the balcony for a while to watch the world go by!

It was still chilly so I got up to put my fleece on and then headed back out to enjoy my last afternoon onboard with my book on my balcony.

I had loved the time out here and I will now not cruise again without a balcony cabin – yes they can be expensive, but for me it had been worth every penny to have some private outdoor space to relax in. I had enjoyed the company of other passengers during my trip, and I will be honest and say that people had been extremely friendly and made a point of chatting to me – every meal I had taken in the dining room I had been sat next to various couples and without fail each evening I had enjoyed chatting with them, but sometimes it was nice to be just in my own company and the balcony had been my space to be able to do that.

After a couple of relaxed hours just reading and listening to some music, I knew I had to pack – a job I hate and usually put off as long as I can, but decided to bite the bullet and get it over with!

It never takes as long as I think, and I was very quickly done, with the exception the the clothes I was wearing as I hadn’t yet changed for dinner, so left the case out ready to pop them in once I was ready.

I then took a quick shower, finished my packing and got ready for my final evening meal in the restaurant.

It was quite busy this evening, and the section I had been seated in each evening was already full, but I was seated very close by and to my delight, the 2 waiters were still serving my table

I opted for a glass of wine again, which was served with their usual speed, and I made my choices from the menu

I started with steamed asparagus

Followed by a fillet of flounder in a herb crust – this was amazing

And finished the meal with apple pie – which they brought with ice cream as an unexpected extra

I ordered my usual coffee to finish and was really surprised when it came with an amaretto tonight

All was as delicious as I had come to expect and as I was leaving I thanked the 2 guys who had looked after me so well all week – they had really gone over and above what’s expected and earned every penny of the extra tip I gave them

I headed into the theatre for the last time, the show tonight was a couple of vocalists, but as soon as I took my seat, I realised I was way too restless to sit through a show so got back up and headed back out of the theatre and just had a wander around the ship instead!

I ended up in the International café on deck 5 where the string quartet were playing, so sat and enjoyed a cappuccino and their music for a while before deciding it was time to head back to my cabin for my last night on-board

I headed to the balcony – sadly I’d already packed my dressing gown so tonight I just had to pop my hoodie on over my pjs and chilled for a while with a hot chocolate and reflected on my last week onboard – it had been a fab cruise and I was sorry to see it coming to an end, but I knew I had lots to look forward to still.

I had a call with Andy and he messaged me screen shots of his booked flights – I had less than 2 weeks to wait until we would see each other again, and I had plans to call Royal Caribbean when I got home to add him to my booking for the next cruise, so I couldn’t be too disappointed at this one coming to an end
I finally headed to bed, but was still very restless and struggled to get to sleep – and I knew I had to be up early in the morning to leave the ship!

I sent a final good night message to Andy around 2am and finished writing up my notes on the trip – I ended with the sentence “Cruise has been amazing, next one will be epic!” ❤️

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Great day! I ended up with a balcony cabin this time for the first time ever in many cruises. Funnily enough it made me realise they aren’t for me. I sleep like a log in the dark of an inside cabin, and I tried sitting on my balcony once, but got bored 5 mins in.
I’m rubbish at talking to people, but do like to be out of my cabin, sat where the music is etc people watching.
I was worried I’d realise I could never go back, but thankfully for my finances it was the other way round
Do you pay for the pizza deliveries? They sound dangerous
Old 4 Oct 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Great day! I ended up with a balcony cabin this time for the first time ever in many cruises. Funnily enough it made me realise they aren’t for me. I sleep like a log in the dark of an inside cabin, and I tried sitting on my balcony once, but got bored 5 mins in.
I’m rubbish at talking to people, but do like to be out of my cabin, sat where the music is etc people watching.
I was worried I’d realise I could never go back, but thankfully for my finances it was the other way round
Do you pay for the pizza deliveries? They sound dangerous
😂 it’s funny how different things work for different people! It will be interesting to see if I use the balcony as much next time when I’m not travelling solo.
Pizza delivery was $3 - well worth it!

Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

A lovely last day I've not yet taken a cruise but it was supposed to be this year, an Alaskan cruise and I must admit I would really like a balcony
Old 4 Oct 21, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another lovely day. Random question…how many books do you get through?
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by P&S View Post
A lovely last day I've not yet taken a cruise but it was supposed to be this year, an Alaskan cruise and I must admit I would really like a balcony
I loved my Alaskan cruise and the balcony made it extra special! Hope you manage to do one soon ❤️

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Another lovely day. Random question…how many books do you get through?
🤣 I’ve always been a keen reader - my kindle insights tell me I’ve read 107 books in 2021 so far 😂