Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 8 Oct 21, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sakiki
Earning My Ears

We used to have 7-Eleven in the UK, although not for 15 years or so, I think. I recall the odd one that I used as being OK in an emergency…

All-in-all it does seem that there will be places to pick up the essentials, just for the evening. We shall hit somewhere larger the next morning! But not Walmart if I can avoid it - we were at the one at the junction of the 192 and Oren Brown Road, on Black Friday 2019, and were somewhat alarmed to see police cruisers in the car-park and officers on guard at the non-food entrance… the Boxing Day sales over here aren’t quite like that!
sakiki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

You need to research individual companies, Covid changed things, customers, employees and shoppers liked it!
blackfriday/news/stores-closed-thanksgiving
Old 9 Oct 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sakiki
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Disney Ash View Post
You need to research individual companies, Covid changed things, customers, employees and shoppers liked it!
blackfriday/news/stores-closed-thanksgiving
Many thanks for the link. So even the mighty Walmart will be closed on Thanksgiving this year!

As you say, the best thing will clearly be a check of companies’ websites a day or two before we arrive…

The internet is your friend (most of the time)…
sakiki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Jumping in here as we are still to book but had intended arriving thanksgiving too , we done this a few years back snd booked into florida mall hotel for a couple of nights 😂 self confessed shopping addict 🤦🏻 Can you tell 😂 and loved walking straight into the mall but having just read this it would seem a waste of time now so just thinking of a nice relaxing night at a lovely hotel can anyone tell me if restaurants will be open or do they close early , thank you xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List