Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Oct 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Finally in the LHR departure lounge and off to Canada.

So my flight is at 2:10pm from Heathrow to Vancouver.
My son and his wife are coming to pick me up to reunite after nearly two years. I’m pretty darn excited.
The weather there is very grey rainy and cold but I don’t care! It will seem like sunshine to me.
I stayed overnight at The Hilton Garden Inn terminal 2 so a very short walk into the terminal it was great and so convenient.
I had to provide double vax proof, PCR negative within 72 hours of departure proof and my CAN form which is the online equivalent of a passenger locator form. It was the easiest out of ours, and Spain that I’ve done.
Check in and through security took around 40 minutes but I was early exactly three hours. The longest was picking up a click and collect duty free order of 5 Elizabeth Arden lip balms for my daughter! Good grief can’t you buy these in the uk ha ha!
So that’s it. We don’t have massive plans in Vancouver as I’ve been there loads of times before but I’ll def want to visit The Keg Steakhouse! That’s a firm favourite!
I’m also popping over to Victoria on the island to spend a couple of days with my daughter in laws mum and dad who I’m super close to and haven’t seen for prob 4 years as our Greek Islands cruise was cancelled 2020 and 2021 due to Covid.
My plane has already landed so hopefully no delays but it’s obviously still so empty here I believe that delays are almost non existent these days.
Bye for now.
Old 14 Oct 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Hope you have a fantastic trip.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Have a wonderful time, 🇨🇦
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Have a wonderful trip. No doubt there will be lots of hugs and tears at the other end. Enjoy x
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hope you have an amazing time xxx
Old 14 Oct 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Have a wonderful time
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Have a great time
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Oh Carolyn, have a wonderful trip! Gosh it’s going to be so emotional after all this time x

We got back on Sunday after a mini road trip in and out of Vancouver, we’ve well and truly fallen in love with the place!
We had our last dinner in The Keg, the one by the CF Pacific Shopping Centre on Dunsmuir Street, had a fantastic meal.
You may have been there already but we had an even better steak at LIFT Bar and Grill for my BILs birthday right by the Marina.

Have a safe flight

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyLoo07
Very Serious Dibber

Have an amazing time!
LoopyLoo07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Carolyn. Most of us on here have just had the inconvenience of cancelled holidays. You and quite a few others have had the added dimension of not being able to see or visit Family. That is 10 times as hard to bear.

Have a great time and remember. Always drink to excess.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List