Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Oct 21, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
SmurfDestroyer7
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by pchivvy View Post
Re your comment about stacking LL, what do you mean? I thought you could only book one at a time?
If I'm understanding it and from what I've seen people have been able to buy 2 of the paid extra LL, at the same time and in some cases in different parks
SmurfDestroyer7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Thank you.

Sorry I thought you meant the 15usd per day service.

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pchivvy View Post
Re your comment about stacking LL, what do you mean? I thought you could only book one at a time?
I mean that you can hold more than one LL pass if you time it correctly. You can also purchase the Individual Lightening Lane Selection (ILLS) in addition if you want.
Old 21 Oct 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
homerj
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
It's not compulsory.
Correct, it is not compulsory. However for those of us that have no choice but to go in peak times it will be compulsory because what choice so we have, not purchase it and stand in long lines?

When you have a perceived choice but the options only really lead to one to choose, then you dont have a choice.

Also, i firmly believe that Disney will manipulate the app to suit their agenda ( and i dont blame them, they are a business). I watched a youtuber showing how to use the app. Their first LL slot available was for a ride 2 hours later so they booked it. And whatvdid they do while waiting for this ride? Went to the shops and purchased some merch. If disney execs where watching they would have been slapping themselves on the back
homerj is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Originally Posted by homerj View Post
Correct, it is not compulsory. However for those of us that have no choice but to go in peak times it will be compulsory because what choice so we have, not purchase it and stand in long lines?

When you have a perceived choice but the options only really lead to one to choose, then you dont have a choice.

Also, i firmly believe that Disney will manipulate the app to suit their agenda ( and i dont blame them, they are a business). I watched a youtuber showing how to use the app. Their first LL slot available was for a ride 2 hours later so they booked it. And whatvdid they do while waiting for this ride? Went to the shops and purchased some merch. If disney execs where watching they would have been slapping themselves on the back
Don't think I would have gone shopping for 2 hours I would have looked at the wait times and fitted in 2-3 of the other rides in the standby lanes.
Old 21 Oct 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by homerj View Post

I'm no fan but equally Ive not used it yet BUT

What did you do between the old fast past ride schedule... We had, for example, SDMT booked at 11am. We arrive at 9.30..we wandered around, went standby on rides with a lesser queue..we didn't rush off to buy stuff...back in the day before FPs you just queued or you didn't.. WDW are not saying if your not riding you must buy stuff, obviously that's what they want you to do but I think it's called constraint... Equally WDW is not just about rushing from one ride to another

I'm not defending Genie+ I've not used it, it's two days old, I'm not going untill 2022/23 it'll come out in the wash eventually, but if the vloggers you watched could only think of buying crap between rides then that's very sad
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

As others have said, it's not currently recognising UK tickets properly. But free Genie is meant to be an on the day guide to help you while you're in the park. It's not meant to be used weeks/months in advance.

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I'm not defending Genie+ I've not used it, it's two days old, I'm not going untill 2022/23 it'll come out in the wash eventually, but if the vloggers you watched could only think of buying crap between rides then that's very sad
Most of the vloggers aren't regular park goers, they were only there to show off Genie+. So in between slots, they don't really have anything to do. And showing off merch is usually popular content.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Originally Posted by SmurfDestroyer7 View Post
I think the potential is there, especially if it tracks and learns as things go on.

The app has been functional for 2 days, its not the type of thing you can Beta test and slowly phase in
Not wanting to be argumentative... but it's exactly the kind of thing you can beta test and then alpha test. You just don't do it on the live/production app.

What you can't test (although you can do market research) is customer acceptance / appreciation of the tool to the masses.

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

When Disney announced launch day they also said that UK tickets wont be able to purchase/use genie until 2nd November. Not sure I see any advantage to doing it so far in advance anyway, attractions and shows will change and then your interests that you provide Genie may change as well. Certainly no advantage to buying Genie+ in advanced.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

As of 10am UK Time Thursday 21 October, this is the most up to date information about Genie+

Real Time Summary As Information is Being Posted

• Genie+ can be added at midnight for day of
  • Genie+ can be for length of trip
  • Genie+ first booking of Lighting Lane =7am
  • First booking of Individual Attraction Lighting Lane Onsite = 7am, next booking of Lighting Lane at park opening OR when first Lighting Lane used
  • First booking of Individual Attraction Lightning Lane Offsite = park opening time, next booking of Lightning Lane 2 hours after park opening OR when first Lightning Lane used
  • Genie+ Lightning Lane Stacking can be done
  • Genie+ Lightning Lane pass is once per ride per day, if you want to go again on that ride, you will have to join the standby line
  • If a ride goes down and you have either booked or paid for an Individual Attraction, you will get an anytime pass for that ride
  • The touring plan gets up dated according to your location and the info you input such as dining reservations and must do rides
  • Pay once for Genie+ and use across all parks in one day as long as you have a park hopper ticket and a park reservation
  • Individual Attractions can choose a specific time for Lightning Lane Return depending on availability
  • Rides included in Genie+ choose next available time Lightning Lane Return depending on availability
  • No cancellations of Individual Attraction Lightning Lane, use it or lose it
  • Genie + Lightning Lane can be cancelled
  • If the return time window has opened, you can not cancel Genie + Lightning Lane pass, a either scan it and don't ride or wait it out until next pass available
  • You can only pay for 2 Individual Attractions Lightning Lane passes in one day. That’s across all parks i.e. you’ve paid for Space Mountain and Mine Train at Magic Kingdom so you can’t make a third for Flight of Passage in Animal Kingdom.
  • You don't need to buy Genie+ to buy Individual Attractions Lightning Lane passes. You can just use the free Genie touring plan and buy 1 or 2 Individual Attractions Lightning Lane passes in a day
  • You can book a Lightning Lane pass for after 2pm for the park you plan to hop to after you have entered your first park. For example if you are in Epcot in the morning and decide to hop to Hollywood Studios and select a Lightning Lane for Slinky Dog Dash for 5pm, when you enter Hollywood Studios after 2pm you could select another Lightning Lane attraction as it's over two hours before your Slinky Dog Dash selection.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List