Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Oct 21, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
blabbert
Proud to wear my Ears

Whose covid rules to follow

Sorry if this has been asked somewhere else. Tried looking and can't find. Also checked government guidance and can't find anything that makes it clear.
If travelling from Scotland to Florida via England. On return do we follow English rules (lateral flow) or Scottish rules (still PCR) obviously lateral flow is a money saver. Although Scotland have said they may reduce down to lateral flow there is no timescale.
Does anyone know. From what I have read I think it maybe Scottish rules. Anyone know? Thanks
blabbert is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Same as us here in Wales namely Welsh rules apply.

However everybody was ignoring our illustrious Leaders law and getting the cheaper tests for the last few Months. Even reported on BBC Wales that the law was being ignored.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Same as us here in Wales namely Welsh rules apply.

However everybody was ignoring our illustrious Leaders law and getting the cheaper tests for the last few Months. Even reported on BBC Wales that the law was being ignored.
Your rules have changed or are changing on 31st I believe? Just heard something on radio.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Optimist
Very Serious Dibber

I was just about to ask the same question. We are flying Orlando-Heathrow-Belfast (all with BA) on our return.

The northern Ireland executive announced yesterday that they are keeping the 2 day return test as PCR however I'm guessing as our locator forms will be checked by border force at Heathrow the English rules will apply and a pre booked LFT test will suffice. Then it's onward to Belfast on a domestic flight that won't be checked.

Edited at 09:07 AM.
Optimist is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Just pick the cheapest. All you need is a number for your PLF.
Old 23 Oct 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Your rules have changed or are changing on 31st I believe? Just heard something on radio.
I think you are right but I ignore him anyhow!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
frances01
slightly serious Dibber

Sorry to talk about going the other way. We are going Glasgow-Gatwick-Orlando with an overnight at Gatwick. I was just wonder, our three day window for getting a test on the way out is that from when we leave Glasgow or when we leave Gatwick?
Sept 97 Orlando, Sept 98 Orlando, Sept 00 Orlando, Mar 03 Orlando, Feb 04 DLP, Apr 05 Orlando, Oct 06 Orlando, Oct 07 St Augustine/Orlando, Oct 08 Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise/Orlando, Oct 09 Orlando, Oct 10 Orlando/Disney Western Caribbean Cruise, Oct 11 Orlando, Oct 13 Orlando. Oct 14 Orlando, Oct 15 Orlando/Keys, Jul 17 Orlando, Feb 22 Orlando, Jul 23 Orlando
frances01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

You're supposed to follow the rules of your final destination, so if you're taking a flight from Orlando to Glasgow via London on the same day, you would go with Scottish rules.

Would imagine Scotland will be following the rules of the other home nations as has been the case with everything else related to travel
Old 23 Oct 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by frances01 View Post
Sorry to talk about going the other way. We are going Glasgow-Gatwick-Orlando with an overnight at Gatwick. I was just wonder, our three day window for getting a test on the way out is that from when we leave Glasgow or when we leave Gatwick?
Its from when you fly to the US supposedly
Old 23 Oct 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
You're supposed to follow the rules of your final destination, so if you're taking a flight from Orlando to Glasgow via London on the same day, you would go with Scottish rules.

Would imagine Scotland will be following the rules of the other home nations as has been the case with everything else related to travel
Scotland haven’t though, see the different points this year where Scots were advised not to travel to England and also not to travel to Manchester. Ironically where my flight is
Monolith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List