Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Jun 09, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Unbelievable sights...Day 3...

Day 3 – Mon 11 May – This is the day your dreams come true

So today was a special day for some – it was a launch day at Kennedy Space Centre. Had we been travelling as couple, we would definitely have gone to Cocoa Beach or Titusville to watch, but times have changed and the children’s needs come first...blah blah...Anyway, they woke us up early at 6.30am, which was fine because our bed was like Emperor-size or something so we’d had the best night’s sleep ever!

Breakfast and showers done, we decided that we’d jump straight into Disney and go to the Magic Kingdom today...once we’d collected our tickets from the company based in Celebration. We’d have had them delivered, but I wanted to check out this Disney/ Desperate Housewives location for myself!

So, travelling light (drinks/ nappies/ buggies/ sling/ changes of clothes for the children – did I say travelling light?!), we hopped into the car and drove up our little road ready to take a left on to Bronson Highway (crossing 3 lanes of traffic in one direction, and then getting straight into the fast lane of the direction we were travelling)... well we made it, just! And on past Shell World, and the big Orange that sells freshly picked fruit, and on to the Celebration turning. The tickets were very straightforward, and suddenly our keenness to checkout Celebration turned instead into an eagerness to get to Disney...BUT we changed our mind on the Magic Kingdom as apparently Monday is their busiest say of the week (we’ll never know!)...so instead we joined the cars heading to Hollywood Studios – have you noticed that the speed limit is 40, yet the traffic is all speeding up the closer it gets!

Jemima had dressed for the occasion in a bright pink Minnie Mouse dress. We parked in Stage, got our paraphernalia together and headed to the little Disney train stop. It was a very hot day and stupidly we’d forgotten to bring a hat for Zak...so our buggy umbrella was working overtime! Inside, the music playing... my Dibb countdown seeming years ago...we were in our element. A little float was driving round with a performance of High School Musical and elsewhere various costumed types from the 40s were in mid sequence! We headed straight over to the Beauty and the Beast show, sat down and Jemima started to get very excited about it...especially the beast for some reason – “Where the beast gone mummy?”...mmm...well there’s the prince, who becomes the beast, who becomes the prince...mmm...look at Belle’s beautiful dress...and oh look a dancing teapot! We have some fabulous film footage of Jemima dancing to Be Our Guest – our very own cast member in the making! The show was fabulous and thoroughly recommended.

By the end of the show, we were even hotter, and so stopped for a drink and snack. Disney food is not quite up to the standard of its entertainment, but when you need a drink you need a drink! Like numerous others, we also bought a water spray fan – it cost $16 and we later discovered that Walmart sell then for $6 – but hey Walmart’s don’t have Mickey on theirs! Jemima decided to cover herself in apple juice so a quick wipe up in the toilets followed.

We then did a very un-Dibb like thing, and wandered at will. We stumbled across the Woody ride which I didn’t remember from my last visit. The queue took about 20 mins through a toy box or similar...the main focus on Mr Potato Head – Jemima’s vocabulary improved 10-fold during our trip, and Mr Potato-Head is one of these new and ever so important words. We all donned the 3D glasses, Jemima rode with DH while Zak and I battled it out. Zak is a keen marksman it seems...although we did only score 88,500 (against 865,000 that someone else had allegedly scored that month!).

Next, we went to Ariel’s musical, and just made the show so were seated near the back. The show was good but a little scary for Jemima when Ursula came on... can’t blame Jemima really, I mean who does like a 10 foot octopus woman with a bellowing voice?!

After a look at the shops, we made our way via Sunset Boulevard to the parade route and camped out up front. The parade was well worth the wait and included various characters including The Incredibles (why did they not make a sequel?!). Jemima, despite being absolutely exhausted, managed to dance her way through the parade and got a number of characters waving at her directly, much to her happiness.

Post parade, we decided to head back to the villa for a while...with the view of potentially going out shopping at the malls later. I had some energy when I got back, so cooked up meals for Zak and Jemima to cover the rest of the holiday, which I then froze in meal sized portions.

After our meal, we sat down to watch some American TV...and were introduced to Weather on the 1s with Digital Doppler x3 – all I can say is Wow... we should have that in England! As it happens, had we ventured to Cocoa beach to watch the shuttle launch...we’d have been driving home in sever thunder and lightning storms! These same storms quickly made their way to Kissimmee hence we called off the shopping and took it easy at home, preparing for the next day!

Check out Day 4

Edited at 11:39 PM.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

brilliant report!absolutely loved your daughter's dress!cant wait to read more!
Old 2 Jun 09, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
happy08
Apprentice Imagineer

A great report and fab photos

WDW - April 2008 (AS MOVIES), October 2008 (Renaissance), July 2011 - 3 weeks (AKL, HRH), August 2013 - 3.5 weeks (OKW, LRP, Renaissance), August 2015 (CBR). October 2015 (HRH), Aug 2017 (YC, LRP), July 2019 (AKL + LRP), February 2020 (AS MUSIC)
happy08 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
a great day and fab pics
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
digdisney
Dibbing with Tink

digdisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Isn't it nice of all those people to move to the curbside whilst you have your picture taken infront of the Hat

Great report

8 Trips and counting
digdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by digdisney View Post
Isn't it nice of all those people to move to the curbside whilst you have your picture taken infront of the Hat

Great report
actually...this was taken just before the parade was due to start, so I think we should have been curbside too
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Love Jemimas dress ! and Zak is a cutie too (my ds name as well )
We love talking about the Super Doppler as well not quite the same as the pylons over here tho

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 09, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 09, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great day, love the Minnie dress
Old 4 Jun 09, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lydiakate
Imagineer

Lydiakate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I'm enjoying your reports very much. Love the Minnie dress on your daughter. She looks really pretty.