Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 17 Oct 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

The contestants are screened for viewing potential nothing else. Their ideas for SrAlan are vetted at the start as well. How many of those who actually make it do you ever hear about later! He talks about 'his money' they will be getting but he is being paid to make the programmes & so really its 'our' licence money that is being used! Even Claude said this is the worse group so far - but let's face it it makes for good fun us all sitting there watching these load of egotistic idiots making prats of themselves
Old 17 Oct 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
The contestants are screened for viewing potential nothing else. Their ideas for SrAlan are vetted at the start as well. How many of those who actually make it do you ever hear about later! He talks about 'his money' they will be getting but he is being paid to make the programmes & so really its 'our' licence money that is being used! Even Claude said this is the worse group so far - but let's face it it makes for good fun us all sitting there watching these load of egotistic idiots making prats of themselves
I love the last 6 words in your post. Spot on, well done.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I am pretty sure those that have received the business investment from him have actually been pretty successful and are still making good money from their business ideas. The one's the won the 'job' originally are the one's who have tended to not get anywhere.

I find these 'newer' one interesting as I would imagine Sugar has already identified the business he wants to invest in - and the rest are there to make up the numbers / viewing figures on the show. You see it less so now because contestants are so awful, but when they first switched the format, there would be 1 or 2 per series that were much better than everyone else and would have been chosen for the job but their business idea was rubbish so they weren't chosen.

Now it seems they combat this by having a whole series of idiots with 1 having a business idea he likes.

(wo)MAN vs FOOD - August 2017 food trip report
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

jumped the shark last night, whilst its not easy to come up with a new toy complete with viral ad and an actual toy literally overnight*, they both made an utter shambles from start to finish

once again its down to which is marginally less crap than the other

only watchable for the utter buffoonary and Claudes W T F face

* assume it takes months/years from concept to production
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Rodney Dangerfield is alive and well and is now a pillow salesman and a contestant on The Apprentice.

Don't you mean Rodney Trotter ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Whilst watching it I was thinking "no one thought to use any candidates who have kids experience". My first question would have been "who has kids or nieces or nephews in the target age group"
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNewbie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Whilst watching it I was thinking "no one thought to use any candidates who have kids experience". My first question would have been "who has kids or nieces or nephews in the target age group"
Now come on that's a logical thought which has no place in this show !😜

The turtle group DID have a woman with a 7 year old who mentioned it once that she didn't think it was right age but never offered any ideas or stood her ground.

Tbh I find them all annoying and the stupid quips Sugar makes are cringey. I only watch for Claude lol
DisneyNewbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Best part of this show is the final decimation of their ego’s ** sorry business plan **.
I just love watching them squirm
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
He didn't want paying for doing the show but the BBC insisted so he donates it to GOSH
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Really not liking this bunch, normally you can laugh at some of their antics, but so far its not remotely amusing !
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List