Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jun 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Confusion over cancelled flights - please read and help

I am confused over who is getting what after their flights are cancelled.

Would it be possible to let us know what is going on...

For example - We are booked with Dial-a-flight using code share KLM to virgin flight and have heard nothing yet. I am reading people getting to rebook without paying anymore etc.

so my question is - can anyone post up for example - Virgin direct - rebooked for 2022 no cost... OR Lastminute.com and had money back as they couldn't rebook...

I am trying to work out how the companies are dealing with the cancellations and if their is any reason/pattern to it or is it down to the person on the phone?

Hope this makes sense as so many people are posting what is happening to them but not clear who they booked with.

Thanks guys!
Old 27 Jun 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinythepanda
Getting Excited

Virgin Atlantic direct - July 21 cancelled. Moved to Easter 22 without admin fees or fare increase.
Tinythepanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
EwoodCSI
Getting Excited

Booked direct UC Virgin flights through Lastminute Man-MCO 17th July-11th Aug.

Got cancellation email yesterday from Lastminute; refund pending. I hope this helps!👍🤗

Caroline & Dave
EwoodCSI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I booked with dial a flight in AF code share. I phoned a few weeks ago snd could transfer but would have to pay extra cost so I left it.

Yesterday my flights showed as cancelled on Air France booking so I rang back. I just asked for a refund so I don’t know if there were other options.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks guys - this is what I am after - we booked with dialaflight KLM codeshare virgin and waiting for email to confirm cancellation - just hoped we could get the flights moved to 2022 without paying the extra!
Old 27 Jun 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

Virgin flight cancelled for 18/07.

We spoke on the phone to a lady who said that everything would be a new booking with a new booking reference, there was no difference to it being a new booking from the internet and therefore no incentive to rebook anything. So we have decided to save our money and potentially put down a new deposit in the future.

'Manage my booking' says cancelled however, we haven't received an email regarding any vouchers yet, so we cannot request cash refund.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
baldybouncer
slightly serious Dibber

Has anyone that booked via an agent managed to get their flights just 'swapped'? no extra payments?
Old 27 Jun 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Booked for June 2021 UC Virgin LHR-LAX - Cancelled by Virgin

Rebooked September 2021 same class & route, no fare increase to pay.

I will add - the first operator I spoke to said I would have the pay the difference, so I decided to try again and speak to someone else who let me move it free of charge with no problems.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Check the klm website or the DialAFlight app and as soon as they show cancel I would give them a ring yourself.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ellie-mai
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Booked Virgin MAN-MCO 18th July with Opodo.
Still showing as active on Virgin's site and Opodo won't discuss it yet as they say the airline hasn't notified them of a cancellation!
ellie-mai is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List