Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Aug 21, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have suddenly realised that I will need to book ADR’s pretty soon and I haven’t even looked at them which is unheard of as normally I’m studying the menus and my schedule for months. I think the fact that that planning excitement isn’t there, as well as the thought of the hassle of the testing for 5 of us and the fact Mexico is suddenly going red and the fear it could happen when we’re out there has me feeling really low about it all. I know this is a positive thread so if someone could give me some positivity I would be grateful!
Old 6 Aug 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
TRC
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
I have suddenly realised that I will need to book ADR’s pretty soon and I haven’t even looked at them which is unheard of as normally I’m studying the menus and my schedule for months. I think the fact that that planning excitement isn’t there, as well as the thought of the hassle of the testing for 5 of us and the fact Mexico is suddenly going red and the fear it could happen when we’re out there has me feeling really low about it all. I know this is a positive thread so if someone could give me some positivity I would be grateful!
I totally understand how you feel BUT you will be going!
I’m travelling on the 3rd Oct and I feel more positive than ever because of the recent rumblings, that there are things happening in the background in the US, obviously they cannot open or announce an opening now, they can’t give dates now, they are in the thick of the Delta wave and trying to convince people to get vaccinated and to take it seriously, it wouldn’t look good to lift the travel ban ‘at this moment’ but I feel it’s going to be as soon as the cases start coming down.
Now onto the planning, for me the planning has always been a big part of the trip enjoyment. After having 5 trips cancelled now I just couldn’t plan but this morning I realised, yes it will be disappointing if I plan AGAIN and it gets cancelled but I’ll survive.
BUT I realised how I would feel if I didn’t plan and get excited if my trip went ahead, I’m sort of short changing myself iykwim
So today I’m back to planning!
It’s tough but we’re gonna get there x
TRC is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TRC View Post
I totally understand how you feel BUT you will be going!
I’m travelling on the 3rd Oct and I feel more positive than ever because of the recent rumblings, that there are things happening in the background in the US, obviously they cannot open or announce an opening now, they can’t give dates now, they are in the thick of the Delta wave and trying to convince people to get vaccinated and to take it seriously, it wouldn’t look good to lift the travel ban ‘at this moment’ but I feel it’s going to be as soon as the cases start coming down.
Now onto the planning, for me the planning has always been a big part of the trip enjoyment. After having 5 trips cancelled now I just couldn’t plan but this morning I realised, yes it will be disappointing if I plan AGAIN and it gets cancelled but I’ll survive.
BUT I realised how I would feel if I didn’t plan and get excited if my trip went ahead, I’m sort of short changing myself iykwim
So today I’m back to planning!
It’s tough but we’re gonna get there x
Thank you! I’ve started to look but to be honest not having the DDP probably makes it a bit easier as we’ll definitely be doing more quick service and less table at the prices! So I’ll maybe just get a few things booked. Looking into the testing is the big dread for me as there is no fun in that planning!
Old 6 Aug 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
TRC
Gone all Goofy

Thank you! I’ve started to look but to be honest not having the DDP probably makes it a bit easier as we’ll definitely be doing more quick service and less table at the prices! So I’ll maybe just get a few things booked. Looking into the testing is the big dread for me as there is no fun in that planning!
I’ve looked into testing but not too serious just yet because I think that will change before October, Shapps said there was another Travel update in 3 weeks and I know there was supposed to be another one in October so I’m hoping by then it’s just LFTs
My husband says to me ‘don’t think of it all together, just take one section at a time’ it helps me not get overwhelmed
TRC is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TRC View Post
I’ve looked into testing but not too serious just yet because I think that will change before October, Shapps said there was another Travel update in 3 weeks and I know there was supposed to be another one in October so I’m hoping by then it’s just LFTs
My husband says to me ‘don’t think of it all together, just take one section at a time’ it helps me not get overwhelmed
Yes, I suppose they could change it all by then so maybe wait another month at least before starting to look. Hopefully by the next update the US figures will be starting to come down as what has happened with Mexico is a nightmare. We fly out on a Thursday so I’m just hoping they don’t have an update that day as we’re only there for 8 nights so hopefully we would be back if they did change US to red.

Edited at 08:48 AM.
jobelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I've not booked any ADRs either, I logged on on the day they opened and had a look, then talked myself out of potentially having more things to cancel

We've never had an issue picking up ADRs last minute, unless there's somewhere you really have your heart set on, then you won't miss out on finding nice places to eat

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I've not booked any ADRs either, I logged on on the day they opened and had a look, then talked myself out of potentially having more things to cancel

We've never had an issue picking up ADRs last minute, unless there's somewhere you really have your heart set on, then you won't miss out on finding nice places to eat
Thanks, I’m just going to pick a couple anyway. It’s difficult as I don’t know what nights they’re doing the later hours for deluxe guests. Annoyingly this is the first time we haven’t been deluxe so don’t get that perk!
Old 6 Aug 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Thanks, I’m just going to pick a couple anyway. It’s difficult as I don’t know what nights they’re doing the later hours for deluxe guests. Annoyingly this is the first time we haven’t been deluxe so don’t get that perk!
I thought I read Mondays and Wednesdays for MK and Epcot, can’t remember which is which.

We are not at Disney in October but I’ve been looking at menus and pricing for July and picked some reasonable price options.
Nine Dragons in Epcot - loved it the last few times we’ve been and prices are good.
Yak and Yeti at AK - good value with the Landry card and some great options.
Skippers - MK - a regular for us, nice food. Prices not mad.
HS - mama Melrose as it’s a regular for us.
Old 6 Aug 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
I thought I read Mondays and Wednesdays for MK and Epcot, can’t remember which is which.

We are not at Disney in October but I’ve been looking at menus and pricing for July and picked some reasonable price options.
Nine Dragons in Epcot - loved it the last few times we’ve been and prices are good.
I think I read that for early in October and just looked at my days booked and I’m Monday Epcot and Wednesday MK so hoping it’s not that way!
Old 6 Aug 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post

Hi. How does the Landry card work please? I can see you earn points for spending but is there a discount that you get when you use it, ie 10% off when used etc. Thanks
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List