Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Oct 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Figment089
VIP Dibber

New booking, off site first time

Think I've got a good deal, BA flights direct from Gatwick, 12 nights at Hilton BVP, 2 adults 2 children £2852
31st August - 12th sept.

Even taking into account the resort fee I'm pleased, I was expecting 2000-2500 for flights alone so with accommodation included for just a bit more.

I had a £350 voucher I have been able to use as my deposit. Balance due 3 weeks before departure and if I wish to cancel before then I will just receive the money back on to a voucher.

It's great to have a booking again, let the countdown begin

POFQ - Nov 2013
POFQ - May 2016
POR / RPR - Oct 2017
ASMu - Aug 2022
POFQ - Aug 2023
ASMu / AKV - Nov 2024
New DVC owner at AKV
Figment089 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Not sure if BA include the resort fee or not, you might need to factor that in to your costs. But it's still a good price even if you have to add that on. And don't forget that BVP is a partner resort, so you still get all the same benefits as onsite - just not room charging or Disney buses.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I'd be very happy with that too! I wish I could persuade our children (18&20) to stay offsite, but they just won't entertain it. So much so that they're saving to contribute towards the cost of the holiday

I did book our flights with them last week though as found prices I was happy with (£527pp direct). Used the tip of adding a hotel for 1 night so I only had to pay the £150 deposit, with the balance 3 weeks before. I'd lose it if I cancelled though, but that's fair enough. Just nice to be booked again, isn't it?

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Figment089
VIP Dibber

Thank you, my partner thinks theres a catch with that price but looking at it its a 'run of the house' room so they can place us anywhere in the hotel. Still, it's just somewhere to sleep.
I wish we were going back to Port Orleans but we are on a tight budget and if it means we can get back to Florida in 2022, its worth it. We haven't been since 2017 so eager to get back.

Need to try and keep it a secret from the girls!

POFQ - Nov 2013
POFQ - May 2016
POR / RPR - Oct 2017
ASMu - Aug 2022
POFQ - Aug 2023
ASMu / AKV - Nov 2024
New DVC owner at AKV
Figment089 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DanniC
Excited about Disney

Is that booking with BA? I’ve been quotes with Virgin, staying at the Wyndham gardens BV Disney springs with direct flights going, indirect coming back, with ultimate tickets, 2 adults, 2 children £5900! This is also our first time offsite too… so indecisive…. Not sure if this is but it’s dam sight cheeper than on-site.

Port Orleans French Quarters April 2017
Coronado Springs here we come May 2019 !
DanniC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Holly's-mummy View Post
Thank you, my partner thinks theres a catch with that price but looking at it its a 'run of the house' room so they can place us anywhere in the hotel. Still, it's just somewhere to sleep.
I wish we were going back to Port Orleans but we are on a tight budget and if it means we can get back to Florida in 2022, its worth it. We haven't been since 2017 so eager to get back.

Need to try and keep it a secret from the girls!
No catch. I think we just get a bit used to onsite prices and think they're normal hotel rates for their standard. They're really not. Once the moderate room went over £200/night in low season, I was out of that tier. Value still clinging on because I like those two remaining perks a bit too much.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DanniC
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
No catch. I think we just get a bit used to onsite prices and think they're normal hotel rates for their standard. They're really not. Once the moderate room went over £200/night in low season, I was out of that tier. Value still clinging on because I like those two remaining perks a bit too much.
Even got a price for a value resort and that was coming out at 9k including park tickets with virgin! It’s just madness the prices. If I can get 5900 for hotel and tickets I don’t mind paying for food oop

Port Orleans French Quarters April 2017
Coronado Springs here we come May 2019 !
DanniC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Figment089
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DanniC View Post
Is that booking with BA? I’ve been quotes with Virgin, staying at the Wyndham gardens BV Disney springs with direct flights going, indirect coming back, with ultimate tickets, 2 adults, 2 children £5900! This is also our first time offsite too… so indecisive…. Not sure if this is but it’s dam sight cheeper than on-site.
Yes BA 🙂 still have tickets to pay so another £1800 but still around 5k with resort fee included, I’d be looking at 7-8k onsite!

POFQ - Nov 2013
POFQ - May 2016
POR / RPR - Oct 2017
ASMu - Aug 2022
POFQ - Aug 2023
ASMu / AKV - Nov 2024
New DVC owner at AKV
Old 16 Oct 21, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

That deal looks really, really good and I would be delighted with it. The prices mentioned by other posters are rather interesting.

BA generally refunded within 7 working days throughout Covid and now as the pent up demand is coming in, have to be competitive in order to ‘get the deal’ next time around.

It is no secret how difficult it was to get a refund from Virgin in those first 120 days (in other words impossible). I have no doubt that thousands upon thousands of frustrated customers took credit notes with a ‘use by’ date on them even though entitled by law to a refund within 7 days. Virgin will now be trying to negate the value of all those credit notes as much as they possibly can by pitching their flights very high indeed. They are aware that those holding them are desperate to get rid of them. It may be better in fact to simply throw those notes in the bin and take the best deals around, still saving money in the process if you are looking at going to Orlando.
A realistic alternative is to look at Virgin flights to other areas (including the West Coast ), where they still seem to be competing and have good prices.
This is why I will never again use them.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 07:03 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Chris7cc
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

That sounds good, we stayed at AKL for our first visit and it was amazing, we were going to stay at the Polly for 5 nights over Christmas but it was going to cost just under £4k so decided to stay at Marriot Vacation Club Grand Vista as we have always found them really good for what you pay. In this case 14 of the 16 nights we are away £3k
Chris7cc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List