Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Oct 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
pmac
Imagineer

pmac's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
If you decide to walk instead of taking the boat then cutting through the hard rock car park gets you to the universal studios entrance in about 2 mins.
Didn't know you could do this, we always go through the pool to the garden walk.
pmac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We have used both and prefer the RPR as it just feels (to us), more relaxed.

Last visit, we used RPR Club level on our single night and it certainly worked out a considerable further saving for us, once you took into account 2 breakfasts, evening nibbles wine and beer plus all sodas, pretzels etc that we took into the park. We also liked the space of the club lounge itself.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Maajkie
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We have used both and prefer the RPR as it just feels (to us), more relaxed.

Last visit, we used RPR Club level on our single night and it certainly worked out a considerable further saving for us, once you took into account 2 breakfasts, evening nibbles wine and beer plus all sodas, pretzels etc that we took into the park. We also liked the space of the club lounge itself.
Sorry for the late response, but thank you so much for this tip!
I just booked RPR Club Level for 2 nights and the price difference wasn't that much considering what you get in return. And because this will be our 2nd and 3rd night after travelling, we will probably still be jetlagged. The club level extras will make it more pleasant to adjust to US time :-D
Maajkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Maajkie View Post
Sorry for the late response, but thank you so much for this tip!
I just booked RPR Club Level for 2 nights and the price difference wasn't that much considering what you get in return. And because this will be our 2nd and 3rd night after travelling, we will probably still be jetlagged. The club level extras will make it more pleasant to adjust to US time :-D
We love club level at RPR.
We’ve stayed at both hotels and prefer RPR it’s more laid back and a bit quieter which suits us as we’re a bit older.
I don’t think you’ll be disappointed
Old 11 Nov 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

You will love it. Our two nights club at RPR are my husband and daughter’s favourite part of our holiday.
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
GillyD
Very Serious Dibber

I've just booked 2 Club King rooms at the RPR - currently on offer and they work out cheaper than the standard room. Portofino also has discounted rooms but not Club and I prefer RPR as it is closer to City Walk, Discovery Cove and IOA.
GillyD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Beachgirl71
Proud to wear my Ears

We have stayed at both and prefer the atmosphere of the HRH. I do agree though that it would be nice to save the $100 and spend it on a nice dinner out!
Beachgirl71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I prefer RPR
In fairness we didn’t get the best feel for the place when we were there as it was empty (hurricane Dorian) and all the restaurants were shut.
However, HRH to me felt too dark and transity ( not a word, I know!)
On one trip to HRH we had a ground floor garden room which was so light and bright but that was a random upgrade.

We were at HRH for Hermine and RPR for Dorian. RPR had a nicer lockdown feel in my opinion 😆

Edited at 08:38 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SouthernMerida
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by GillyD View Post
I've just booked 2 Club King rooms at the RPR - currently on offer and they work out cheaper than the standard room. Portofino also has discounted rooms but not Club and I prefer RPR as it is closer to City Walk, Discovery Cove and IOA.
Can I ask who you booked with to find them on offer please?
SouthernMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
GillyD
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SouthernMerida View Post
Can I ask who you booked with to find them on offer please?
The offer is available as a Premier package on the Universal Orlando site as well as on the Loews site as room only (Savvy traveller rate).
GillyD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List