Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Jun 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Walking to Universal

Hi guys

We are staying in La Quinta inn on North International Drive for a few nights.

Have read on the reviews that people walk to Citywalk for a night out. Never stayed there and don't know the area that well so wondering how they get over the I4 to Universal as we fancy a night out in City Walk having a few drinks? I assume there must be bridges but can't see them on Google Maps.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
llynnnn
Proud to wear my Ears

I don't have the answer to this, but I'm also interested in doing this too...but the other way round (walking from City walk to International Drive for dinner while we are staying at RPR)

However last time we were there an uber from Int Drive to RPR was only about $6
llynnnn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mattscold
Helping Mickey

As far as i know there isn't any pedestrian bridges or anything. Might be best to grab an uber to be safe.
mattscold is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
IMO it is not walkable.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

We stayed so close to Universal that we could see the car parks from the motel. Still took an uber there, $5 each way, crossing the huge roads at the crossings takes forever and you need to walk pretty quicky - probably why nobody really does it.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
nathanpayne
Earning More Ears

nathanpayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have stayed at Four Points a couple of times and a few other hotels around the same area next to La Quinta Inn on iDrive.

Very walkable, we always walk to Universal from that area because it's so close and easy to get to. You can walk over Universal Blvd bridge and walk straight into the guest drop off area. From Four Points it took my wife and I around 15 mins to walk to city walk.

Universal Blvd bridge has a wide sidewalk and pedestrian lights only take a minute or so to change. Walking over you will be surprised how many people actually do it instead of driving.

You will also get a great photo op with the Universal Studios sign on Universal Blvd just before the guest drop off area which you wouldn't otherwise get.
nathanpayne is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BruTamUK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I stayed at the La Quinta May last year for the sole purpose of it being in walking distance to Universal.
Budget hotel, but clean and very friendly staff. Breakfast included every morning.
The walk took about 20 minutes from our room to the entrance of each park. There is a pathway all the way there and you enter City walk from where the buses drop off.
BruTamUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, we walked there when we stayed that end of I Drive, it's a safe walk of about 15 mins.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

It’s very walkable esp in the evening or first thing in the morning, I wouldn’t walk there in the middle of the day thou the heat would be a killer, there are several crosswalks on the way to get you across aNy junctions
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List