Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Feb 21, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

2022 offsite or wait for 2023

I pretty much had confirmation tonight from a DIB respected travel agent that free DD isn't going to happen for any dates in 2022, I am in a predicament now do I stay off site for the first time ever or hold out for 2023 when free DD might return as the world returns to normal. One thing I wont do is pay over inflated prices to stay in the Disney bubble its just not worth it for my family without the free grub.
Old 8 Feb 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’d be curious how accurate this info turns out to be. Like you there’s no way I’d pay the hugely inflated Disney room prices without free dining and the removal of various other perks, DME, shorter EMH etc. The hotels could be like ghost towns in 2022.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
I’d be curious how accurate this info turns out to be. Like you there’s no way I’d pay the hugely inflated Disney room prices without free dining and the removal of various other perks, DME, shorter EMH etc. The hotels could be like ghost towns in 2022.
I don’t think disney will have any trouble filing the rooms they want to fill. Loads of people willing to pay onsite prices whether there is a dining plan or not. I assume most people do not have it as I don’t think it is as widely available in the US which makes up the adoring of guests.

I do not believe that any TA would know what Disney plans to do in 2022, they are speculating. I do however agree with them, unlikely for 2022.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Free dinning was widely offered for the US, Canadian and UK markets in 2019 so I would be surprised if it never came back.

Disney have a target of 95% hotel occupancy to keep their shareholders happy. They do this with a mixture of offers.

The current offer for US residents is a $50 gift card plus significant room discount for a 3 night stay👍
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don’t think disney will have any trouble filing the rooms they want to fill. Loads of people willing to pay onsite prices whether there is a dining plan or not. I assume most people do not have it as I don’t think it is as widely available in the US which makes up the adoring of guests.

I do not believe that any TA would know what Disney plans to do in 2022, they are speculating. I do however agree with them, unlikely for 2022.
Basic economics says Disney have had issues filling the hotels without free dining. If they had been able to do so without free dining they simply would never have offered it! They weren’t doing it just to be nice, it was a business decision to incentivise people to stay onsite.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I don’t think anyone, including Disney themselves know what’s going to happen regarding offers and incentives until life settles back into some form of normal.
At this stage I imagine Disney will take stock and see what they need to do to incentivise people back into their parks and hotels - initially if demand is high, it may be nothing, but I think things will settle and offers will return. What form they take and when that will be is anyone’s guess!
I certainly wouldn’t be listening to any travel agent claiming to “know” what Disney’s plans are - however well respected, their aim is to get your booking.
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List