Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Feb 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

2021 prices really high

We’re not looking at going this year, but out of interest I mocked up a fortnight at Disney in September with virgin holidays and got premium return seats staying in standard room in Saratoga Springs (second choice - POFQ would be first, but must have sold out) and with tickets it was coming out at over £9500!

Unless these prices come down considerably, it will put us off going for quite a considerable time.
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We booked business class flights for October and they are the cheapest we have ever paid. Car hire down on what we had paid (and cancelled) for 2020. Villa is the same price.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

The problem with a Disney booking is more the loss of the dining plans. I’ve found prices about the same overall - but then you start working out your spends and if you want to eat in the parks the numbers start getting silly.

I’ve always rejected the concept you “pay” for the dining plans. I have never been able to generate numbers that show anything more than you paying a small subsidy for the plan and the current situation really proves it.

Anyway it really isn’t the time to be going Disney world. It’s going to be such a reduced experience it really isn’t worth it. Better looking at other Disney parks (Paris - Cali) or universal / sea world / Busch.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

POFQ does not have a scheduled reopening date yet so it is not available to book. But yes, the Disney hotel prices are pretty high for next year.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Prices will be going one way from 2022 I suspect as we get back to total normality- up. Demand will be huge.
Old 7 Feb 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Prices will be going one way from 2022 I suspect as we get back to total normality- up. Demand will be huge.
Just Checked on 2022 - and I know it's early but high is an understatement

Think we are going to hang on to our August booking for this year and see what happens
Old 7 Feb 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by blades View Post
Just Checked on 2022 - and I know it's early but high is an understatement

Think we are going to hang on to our August booking for this year and see what happens
Agree- things can change a lot by August, if you can hang on and keep the money tied up until the last date for risk free cancellation, why not?
Old 7 Feb 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Lots of replies speaking about 2022, but the OP seems to be talking about September 2021 according to the thread title and their post.

I've just checked the invoice for our last stay which was 24 July 2019, 10 nights at the Beach Club and it was £4,040 for the accommodation alone.

Checking the first 10 nights of our hopeful trip this Summer and the same is £4,698, so a rise of 16%. That doesn't strike me as an outrageous price rise, really.

Our 14-day tickets were £399, and this year they would be £439 this year - again no complaints with that.

The elephant in the room is that we had free dining with that booking, and obviously that does not exist this year so we will spend a few thousand pounds more on food and drink.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Lots of replies speaking about 2022, but the OP seems to be talking about September 2021 according to the thread title and their post.

I've just checked the invoice for our last stay which was 24 July 2019, 10 nights at the Beach Club and it was £4,040 for the accommodation alone.

Checking the first 10 nights of our hopeful trip this Summer and the same is £4,698, so a rise of 16%. That doesn't strike me as an outrageous price rise, really.

Our 14-day tickets were £399, and this year they would be £439 this year - again no complaints with that.

The elephant in the room is that we had free dining with that booking, and obviously that does not exist this year so we will spend a few thousand pounds more on food and drink.
Yup as I said in my post - it’s the loss of a free dining package that is the real difference.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Agree- things can change a lot by August, if you can hang on and keep the money tied up until the last date for risk free cancellation, why not?
Thats what we have done with the accommodation - all free cancellation with Expedia. Fly drive booked with VH as they let us combine miles from 3 accounts due to not been able to go at Christmas last year - If not it's the New Forrest in my caravan for a week (what a rock and roll lifestyle )