Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Mar 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Welsh Dibbers - help with a day out

So now the day of freedom is here and it’s not raining, DH and I are considering taking the dog out with us this afternoon in the car for a ride and a walk.

Problem is we can’t think of anywhere to go 😂 It’s been so long since we’ve been out, I’m out of practise for planning. Does anyone have any ideas for us? Within a short car journey of Torfaen, not too busy, dog friendly. Relatively easy to find, with a car park and nice, easy walks with scenery please.

We have plans to see our son in Swansea tomorrow so we don’t want to go there today. We just want somewhere fairly local for a couple of hours out

Edited at 11:14 AM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

What about a trip over to Cyfartha Park .Not too far .Lots Of different routes around the park to walk or a what about Brecon along the canal or river .
We are desperate for the sea .DH working this morning but may just go to Barry this pm for the dog to have a nice run on he beach.
Last year we managed Ogmore a couple of times but that’s about it .
So glad things are getting better
Have s lovely afternoon
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Last year we went to Blaencuffon Canyon and it was absolutely beautiful! It’s not too far from Pontypool x

Old 27 Mar 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
Last year we went to Blaencuffon Canyon and it was absolutely beautiful! It’s not too far from Pontypool x

That looks an absolutely lovely place to visit.
Tracy x
Old 27 Mar 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
What about a trip over to Cyfartha Park .Not too far .Lots Of different routes around the park to walk or a what about Brecon along the canal or river .
We are desperate for the sea .DH working this morning but may just go to Barry this pm for the dog to have a nice run on he beach.
Last year we managed Ogmore a couple of times but that’s about it .
So glad things are getting better
Have s lovely afternoon
I’m dying to see the sea too but feel it’s going to be crowded today. It’s been so long since we’ve been to Barry now, I do miss it 😂

Brecon sounds a lovely idea. I feel that may be the direction we head. It is so lovely to have the option to get out a little now. Along with having my jab this week, it makes me feel we’ve turned a corner and things are improving slowly 💞 I hope you have a lovely afternoon out too
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Sadly I just checked and the owner has fenced the land off now due to antisocial behaviour there last autumn. Sad as it looks so beautiful 💞

freepressseries/ne...mits-visitors/
Old 27 Mar 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

I dont think you are allowed to go here anymore, its privately owned and has been fenced off .
Old 27 Mar 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Oh no what a shame! We went there last summer and it was so lovely.

Always some that ruin it for others
Old 27 Mar 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Too late now I'm sure, but I went to Kenfig this morning and it wasn't too busy 🙂

Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Too late now I'm sure, but I went to Kenfig this morning and it wasn't too busy 🙂

One of our favourite places to walk the dog. Even when the car parks are busy, there’s so much space.

Did you try the coffee horse box? They do amazing cakes 🧁
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List