Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jun 21, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Gcse results

For all you mother dibbers that are anxiously waiting for GCSE results in August , what grade from 4 -9 would you be really happy with knowing your child's capability and what grade would you be secretly disappointed with?...
macdonald is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 04:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

Honestly after the year they’ve had as long as my DS passes them all I’ll be more than happy! Some he will do much better in than others and I’m only worried about two of them so if he gets 4’s in those then that’s ok with me.

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
RuthieR
Getting Excited

They have had such a bad year for opportunity to learn and actually go through the whole revision / sit exams experience.

To me a pass in them would be all I would expect. Don't get me wrong, some kids do really well, all 8s and 9s and that's great. But it really doesn't matter as long as they are passed is all I would ask. My DS wasn't ever at the top of the class and did struggle with exams, in lessons he would work hard and achieve his targets. Don't get hung up on what the actual grade is as once they move on to A levels it's doesn't matter.
RuthieR is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mazzadee
slightly serious Dibber

My dd has put so much pressure on herself to achieve 9/8 grades in all her subjects. Honestly I would be disappointed for her not me if she didn’t achieve these. She worked hard throughout her GCSEs and like a Trojan during the lockdowns. She wants to do physics chemistry maths and further maths at A level and she needs at least grade 8 in all of those for her to be able to do them at sixth form. So as long as she achieves what she needs I would be over the moon. She actually sat more exams during her last month at school than she would have done if she had taken her GCSEs normally. I hope that every child gets what they want and hope for this year they all deserve to be happy after the year they have had.
Old 10 Jun 21, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The whole process was made more stressful than necessary. Daughter was sitting exams or tests or fake GCSE’s whatever they were for the whole of last month. She did more tests than she would have taken actual GCSE’s. She is a hard worker and very methodical reviser. Unfortunately I don’t t think she viewed these tests with the same importance as “real” GCSE’s. I am expecting a grade down from what we would have expected.
Unfortunately the school has refused to supply any indication of how they are doing for the whole of this school year presumably so the pupil has no evidence for an appeal.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
We both don’t care as long as he gets what he needs for college entry. It’s been really tough going with no online support for months then bam here you go 3 months of constant exams. His mental health has took a real battering so additional pressure is not required hence why the required pass is sufficient to us all.
If he has to resit then so be it , at least he would get proper teaching for them.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We both don’t care as long as he gets what he needs for college entry. It’s been really tough going with no online support for months then bam here you go 3 months of constant exams. His mental health has took a real battering so additional pressure is not required hence why the required pass is sufficient to us all.
If he has to resit then so be it , at least he would get proper teaching for them.
There is one advantage this year (as with last, as my DD found out) if you take an exam later on - she did so in October - it does not count as a "resit" as they have not been sat before...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Not this year but when my son did his a couple of years ago his grades ranged from 9 to 4 but myself and him were so pleased with the lowest grade of 4 as it was maths ! We really thought he would fail as he has always gone to pieces in any maths exam he has done. He needed that grade to get into sixth form so it was a worry .
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'm expecting my daughter to do well and better than predicted in some subjects but really wouldn't care if she didn't after everything they've been through. She has been very focused over the last few months and whilst in some ways I think the smaller tests have helped her I think she would have appreciated the extra revision time and perhaps done better in some subjects if this pandemic hadn't happened. It didn't seem very fair that they were thrown into assessments in March with less time to revise and they have been dragged out over a long period. Some days she had 4 assessments and other children had more. She even had a science assessment on the afternoonof her last day. Unlike some my daughter is lucky that she has been told how she did in some assessments so we feel we have an idea of how she might have done overall.
We'll be proud of her whatever the results and hope things improve so she gets a better experience at college.

Edited at 08:11 AM.
Orlando 2004 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
I just want my DS to pass English, he was originally predicted a 5 but now they are saying a 3/4. I don’t want him to have to retake it at college because of the lack of schooling over the last 15 months. All his other subjects he should get over a 5 and we will be happy with whatever he gets.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List