Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Aug 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
You would think so, otherwise where is the draw for an overpriced breakfast? We were on DDP and only went because of the characters. But who knows, there’s really no telling what Disney will do at the moment.
They reduced the price to reflect there's no characters.

I'm honestly not sure what they'll do on this one. It may be temporary as there may not be enough distance in Ohana for the characters. For example, at Tusker House, tables have been removed to allow the characters to roam through the middle. But they have characters all day, where they wouldn't want to do that in Ohana as it would reduce the evening capacity which is their main money maker.

But if they get enough breakfast bookings without the characters, they may not see the need to bring them back.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KitKatie
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
You would think so, otherwise where is the draw for an overpriced breakfast? We were on DDP and only went because of the characters. But who knows, there’s really no telling what Disney will do at the moment.
I think the breakfast price currently without characters is around $25 for adults, which for 'all you care to enjoy' I think isn't too bad, obviously depends on size of party and budget. Mickey in his Hawaiian shirt is so cute though!
KitKatie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KitKatie View Post
I think the breakfast price currently without characters is around $25 for adults, which for 'all you care to enjoy' I think isn't too bad, obviously depends on size of party and budget. Mickey in his Hawaiian shirt is so cute though!
$25 for breakfast? That is extortion at $100 dollars for the four. That is also why I would never stay on site. We eat before we go in any parks.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 01:59 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by KitKatie View Post
Ah, is Mickey still there? Didn’t realise that 😊
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
$25 for breakfast? That is extortion at $100 dollars for the four. That is also why I would never stay on site. We eat before we go in any parks.
I agree with you for the most part. I have one breakfast onsite because I love it (Poly's Tonga Toast) but even that, I will usually have it at the QS for half the price of the TS.

Rest of the time, it's Publix old fashioned doughnuts. Again, because I love them.

ETA: It was $35 with characters btw, but I would expect this to increase to around $40 if they come back. Plus tax and tip of course. I used to do the Garden Grill breakfast on free DDP, but I wouldn't pay that much for a breakfast OOP.

Edited at 02:17 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Yak & Yeti for us - only food we've actually enjoyed at lunch/dinner in the parks so we'd definitely return.

For breakfast, we will do OOP Garden Grill again. I'm with CFB for the most part, it is extortionate at those prices. We've been near 10 times and it's the only character dining we have done but everyone absolutely adored it, in particular my nephew. In park before rope drop (or whatever it's called at Epcot) and then walked onto Soarin after.

None of us are actually big breakfast people so it's usually tea, sandwiches and fruit on the go. A one off character breakfast (if it's happening next year) will be our only big eat in parks.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Good question. And even tighter question if it is for someone staying offsite and looking to pay for just one onsite sig.

I think they are expensive, certainly more expensive than something outside the parks so I would go for something that I would only get in Disney. So for me something with excellent themeing probably around the showcase lagoon in time for fireworks. So maybe teppan Edo,

Alternatively if with kids, chef mickeys for the character breakfast.

And sci-fi diner in HS, get a car and get out of the sun at lunchtime.

If I was doing it as part of the ddp and had to decide somewhere for my top must do reservation before others, I like Yak n Yeti.

Edited at 04:04 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Wow, so much hate for Cali Grill’s food. I admit I still hanker for the days of the Cowboy ribeye but I had a lovely brunch last time I was there. Of course that was under the DDP, if I was paying $100+ pp then it might be different!
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
VizslaMom
Getting Excited

Hmmmmm... Boma's evening buffet

Butternut squash soup and the zebra domes... can't wait to go back
VizslaMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Good question. And even tighter question if it is for someone staying offsite and looking to pay for just one onsite sig.

I think they are expensive, certainly more expensive than something outside the parks so I would go for something that I would only get in Disney. So for me something with excellent themeing probably around the showcase lagoon in time for fireworks. So maybe teppan Edo,

Alternatively if with kids, chef mickeys for the character breakfast.

And sci-fi diner in HS, get a car and get out of the sun at lunchtime.

If I was doing it as part of the ddp and had to decide somewhere for my top must do reservation before others, I like Yak n Yeti.
If I had to pick one meal at Disney it would be a burger and Oreo milkshake sat in a car at Sci Fi watching hilarious black and white B movies! Such happy memories from when my now 37 yr old son was 10! Me and DH do it on our own now if ever we are on-site at Disney.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List