Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 12 Aug 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Thanks for the comments so far. To be fair it doesn’t have to be Sandals but we liked the idea of adult only. Open to other suggestions with sea views and all inclusive 😁
This us entirely!
we also want adult only, sea views and all inclusive!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Hi! Great thread! Lots of us thinking the same way it seems!

We have been about to push the button the 'book' button on a holiday to Jamaica for a good few days now
but
I am put off by looking on trip advisor at Sandals, Couples, etc resorts where there is supposed to be STRICTLY no tipping as tipping is in the price you pay - but they say if you don't tip you get ignored or staff are rude?

I'd really hate that as I need to just de-stress and relax and can't bear the thought of going out there to be annoyed or upset. I need to know what to expect before we go.

What about the other all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica, is tipping expected there, or not?
Can anyone give any info?
Do we tip - or don't we tip?

(And yes we DO tip in America )

We’ve never found that to be the case at sandals and as per my previous post, we’ve been to quite a few😁 Spa and butlers are allowed to be tipped which I find a bit strange.
I think everyone has different expectations and there are some nationalities who have a sense of entitlement…not naming anyone😂 Most important thing to remember is that you’re on island time so don’t expect anything in a rush.

Edited to add that grenada was our most recent one and despite getting fab reviews by so many people, it ranks pretty low for us. One thing we like is to be able to sit and chat at night to other couples and the only bar where you could do that without being drowned out by music, closed quite early.

Edited at 06:58 PM.
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by teallach View Post
We’ve never found that to be the case at sandals and as per my previous post, we’ve been to quite a few😁 Spa and butlers are allowed to be tipped which I find a bit strange.
I think everyone has different expectations and there are some nationalities who have a sense of entitlement…not naming anyone😂 Most important thing to remember is that you’re on island time so don’t expect anything in a rush.

Edited to add that grenada was our most recent one and despite getting fab reviews by so many people, it ranks pretty low for us. One thing we like is to be able to sit and chat at night to other couples and the only bar where you could do that without being drowned out by music, closed quite early.
Thank you, that's reassuring to read
Currently looking at Couples Sans Souci (That's flying from Manchester with Tui)
Would need to fly from Scotland to Heathrow and cross to Gatwick to get to Sandals with British Airways for our dates as we can't get Sandals from Manchester, so hubby has said a big NO to that as even more hassle.
Sandals though will be a must do in more normal times!

Anyone been to any of the Couples resorts?
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List