Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Jan 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

So if cruising doesn’t happen this year ...

We had the discussion this morning that if flights are open by September but cruising isn’t what do we do with that week . (We are both old enough that we will be fully vaccinated by then )

We started with , book a Florida villa for a week and ended up with touring in Arizona (our plans already included flying to Vegas with a day to see family in Tucson first after the cruise anyway).

Good to have options.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Well fingers crossed for you that you get to go with your plans !
We were planning a USA trip early Autumn SF,LA and Las Vegas but have decided to move over to next year :/
I've had a vaccine and had COVID but my OH has not and weighing up what the USA situation is going to be as well as insurance situation etc etc we have just booked a cheap cruise with MSC on Magnifica out of Southampton to the Fjords early September.
I know there are some very mixed reviews regards MSC but it was such a great deal with my NHS worker discount and status match discount we have decided to go for it !
Gratuities and premium drinks in a balcony for half of the cost of RCI. Now I know this is likely to be a very different experience as have travelled once with RCI, NCL and P & O but I'm going with an open mind !
If we don't like it we won't do again !
Its so hard to know what to do with regards travel at the moment and anything can change but we all want something to look forward to !

Good luck with your plans
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We just cancelled our April Disney cruise. Haven’t cancelled the flight yet as I’m hoping for a refund if they cancel.

If of course by some miracle we can actually go we’d like to book Vero Beach or could start our universal passes earlier and stay onsite there.

We’ve another cruise in august, currently at HRH for 2 weeks before that. Flights are out of Miami so we may well drive back down and do a week on the coast somewhere. Would love to try the Keys but I know that’s a lot of driving.

Lots of decisions! Might have to book something for the august week that has free cancellation as I’m sure prices will only keep going up.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Its so hard to know what will happen. After 6 cruises now cancelled (and probably going to be 8 as I now have 2 in May which I doubt will happen) I am getting rather bored with this. Unfortunately I keep rebooking as advised that Future Cruise Credit should be booked on to a cruise to be ATOL protected so keep finding ones that I like and then they end up cancelled. Since the FCC for both was based on two cruises in 2020 that were paid off its like having a savings pots is the way I look at it but its so hard arranging all the other aspect. I've got the cruise company to book the flights for the 2 in May so its all in one go. Unfortunately DCL no longer book flights as of last year according to my DCL agent so my November cruise I couldn't get flights included. As such I was really concerned about it all but luckily spotted that with BA you can book a deposit only flight and one night hotel and it counts as a package. This meant I've put down a £150 deposit on the flight which yes I'll loose if I need to cancel but at least its only that I loose and not the full whack. Wish we had a definitive "this is when we will sail again" even if it was 2022 so that we can at least plan a little.
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Supposed to be on Disney cruise in April. Pretty sure it won’t happen, not only have they not started practice cruises yet, but the ship is still in Europe so I think they are hoping to just restart summer season in Europe.
We have BA booked to Miami, deposit only, balance due 3 weeks before. I was hopeful that if cruise didn’t go we would just do Miami and the keys for 2 weeks instead of 9 nights plus cruise but now I can’t even see us getting to America.
Been looking at availability for a fully cancellable week in Scotland instead, but I think even UK breaks are looking in doubt by Easter.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
Supposed to be on Disney cruise in April. Pretty sure it won’t happen, not only have they not started practice cruises yet, but the ship is still in Europe so I think they are hoping to just restart summer season in Europe.
We have BA booked to Miami, deposit only, balance due 3 weeks before. I was hopeful that if cruise didn’t go we would just do Miami and the keys for 2 weeks instead of 9 nights plus cruise but now I can’t even see us getting to America.
Been looking at availability for a fully cancellable week in Scotland instead, but I think even UK breaks are looking in doubt by Easter.
We cancelled our April cruise but I noticed that they’ve removed them from sale now which is an early indication of an impending cancellation.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We cancelled our April cruise but I noticed that they’ve removed them from sale now which is an early indication of an impending cancellation.

It was cancelled today. Fully expected it but still a bit sad, 3rd Easter in a row we’ve tried to do it now.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I saw that ours had been removed from sale yesterday, so I said to DH that we may as well wait another week before cancelling, in the hope that they’d cancel for us. (It turns out it’s impossible to call Disney in secret while your children are both in the house, and I don’t get chance at work either - not sure how I was going to cancel it without telling the girls*, so it’s a relief not to worry about it now.)

*It was going to be a surprise first cruise, but obviously we just don’t want them to know it was ever even booked at this point - they’ve already had too much disappointment with our first family WDW trip being cancelled last year. Maybe next year...
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

We were originally booked for April, moved it to August in the hope the extra few months would help. Now just waiting for the inevitable cancellation which I hope comes soon-ish.
We have some back up ideas bit until we know whether it's just the cruise that's a no go or the whole trip.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I have a May cruise booked with Carnival, looks like it won’t cancel before the balance due date so I’ll just move it to 2022 , as there’s no way it’ll happen now. (I wrote it off months ago)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List