Notices

Old 8 Mar 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This With A Baby - Feb/March 2020 - Day 7

So the trip report took abit of a hiatus. I was finding time to write it every day but when it came to posting i was just struggling to find the time and got behind so decided to wait until we were home to finish the rest, so here goes in much quicker succession hopefully...

We've really taken things easy so far this holiday, we figured it would be a slower paced holiday with a young baby but even this has surprised me. This morning I was up around 6.20am with DS and when DH got up I went for a run, it was much warmer this morning and a shock to the system running in such temperatures when I've been used with 6 degrees at home.
We planned to spend some time in the pool this morning, after everyone was up and DS had napped we walked down to the main pool and spent an hour there. It was around 20 degrees by this point and just lovely in the pool. We came back and got showered and changed and had a few cookies and crisps for a snack, we didn't want to eat too much as we had a 4.20pm reservation for Ohana and we always seem to end up eating less than we think we would so this time we were going hungry!

We left mystic dunes at 1.30pm and drove over to magic kingdom, we parked up in hook 325 and walked to the TTC and along to the Polynesian. We spent a couple of hours checking out the resort, we had a sit on the beach on a swinging bench and then walked along to the grand Floridian before coming back and checking in at 4pm for our dinner at Ohana.

We were seated almost immediately and had a lovely window seat overlooking the pool. We were given our pineapple welcome bread with some whipped butter. This bread is so tasty but we made sure not to eat too much of it right away in case we filled up before the rest came.

Not long after we'd sat down our server took our drinks order, I had a coke, Dd had a lemonade and DH had a rum swizzle and a water.

Next came the salad which had a honey and lime dressing. There seemed to be quite abit if kale in this and I'm not a huge fan.

Then came the skillet of pot stickers, chicken wings, noodles and stir fried veggies. The pot stickers are my absolute favourite and taste great dipped in either of the sweet and sour or peanut dipping sauces they give you for the meat.

The meat was brought round not long after. First came the steak, this was cooked perfectly and was melt in the mouth and had a great taste to it.

Then came the shrimp, I'm not a huge fan but I ate the 5 I was given.

Then the chicken was brought round, this was delicious aswell it had a nice char on the outside but was still really juicy inside.

After we'd finished our server asked if he could get us any more of anything so we asked for some steak and he gave us another generous serving each.
Finally after our plates were cleared away we were brought out bread pudding with caramel sauce and ice cream. This is one of my favourite desserts ever. The caramel sauce is so good and the vanilla ice cream is delicious and I love the crispy ends of bread pudding. In fact the whole this is just awesome. We finished off our huge slab no problems.

Our server brought a couple of pieces of Krispje cake for Dd in case she didn't like the bread pudding, there was no danger of that! She ate one piece and we took the other piece with us. The bill came and with DH's cocktail came to $166. It's definitely an expensive mean but we feel we at least did it justice this time!

After we'd finished and settled the bill we got the monorail over to magic kingdom, we had a fastpass first of all for Tomorrowland speedway. DS isn't big enough for this to we did rider swap, I went first then DH went second. While Dd and DH were on the ride DS fell asleep. Our next fastpass was for enchanted tales with belle, as DS was asleep I sat this one out and DH went on with DD. She had been desperate to be picked to be the beast since last time we came and had been practicing her roar. When they came out she was absolutely thrilled as she got picked to be the beast and dance with belle. She was wearing her Aurora dress so that probably helped. While DH and Dd were inside I had picked up a fastpass for Peter Pan however when we made our way over there the fastpass queue was backed up to the philharmagic so we decided to give it a miss and call it a night, it was so busy, standby for Peter Pan was 135 minute! We didn't want to get caught up in the fireworks rush so made our way swiftly out and back to the car.

When we got back we put DS to bed and had a couple of drinks before bed with high hopes for a more productive day tomorrow!

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 8 Mar 20 1:38 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A lovely day and a nice meal

Joan
Old 10 Mar 20, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Nice to read a positive review of Ohana - it seems hit and miss in trip reports but yours all looked and sounded nice.

Great that your daughter was picked as the Beast. Sounds like a busy evening in MK - that standby time for Peter Pan is horrendous!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely slow start to the day! I know what you mean about surprising yourself.

Ohana has always been a hit with us. Glad you enjoyed it
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List