Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 1 Apr 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
It’s our dream to do California. We have did the east coast nyc etc But for some reason the west coast scares me a bit / I like that you’ve put comments on hotels etc really helpful - I think we would love this to be our next big holiday. Whenever that may be xx
The West Coast is awesome and I simply cannot recommend it enough (other than LA).

We did the East Coast last summer, Boston, train to NY, Plane to Dayton OH, drive to Cincinatti, plane to Orlando, drive to Naples then home from Miami.

The West Coast is so much simpler. You have flights, generally in and out of separate locations, a car and then you plan the hotels along your route, taking in the key attractions as you go.

The California section of the DIBB is very well populated and loads of people will give great guidance and advice. It is a really great fun plan and even better vacation.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
The West Coast is awesome and I simply cannot recommend it enough (other than LA).

We did the East Coast last summer, Boston, train to NY, Plane to Dayton OH, drive to Cincinatti, plane to Orlando, drive to Naples then home from Miami.

The West Coast is so much simpler. You have flights, generally in and out of separate locations, a car and then you plan the hotels along your route, taking in the key attractions as you go.

The California section of the DIBB is very well populated and loads of people will give great guidance and advice. It is a really great fun plan and even better vacation.
I agree with this! It’s a great trip to plan. From the natural beauty of Monterey and Big Sur to the charm of Disneyland (even though we missed it this time) and the casual elegance of San Diego, it’s one of our favourite ever trips. The cost of accommodation is probably a bit higher than your average 2 weeks in Florida for example, but on our trip we averaged £110 a night. It would have gone a bit higher if we’d gone to Disneyland and Vegas as planned but still would have been around £150 a night. There are some good deals to be had if you keep your eyes peeled. I booked and rebooked several times in the lead up to the trip. We paid for lots of activities in advance so once we were there it was really only food and petrol we had to pay for.
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
I agree with this! It’s a great trip to plan. From the natural beauty of Monterey and Big Sur to the charm of Disneyland (even though we missed it this time) and the casual elegance of San Diego, it’s one of our favourite ever trips. The cost of accommodation is probably a bit higher than your average 2 weeks in Florida for example, but on our trip we averaged £110 a night. It would have gone a bit higher if we’d gone to Disneyland and Vegas as planned but still would have been around £150 a night. There are some good deals to be had if you keep your eyes peeled. I booked and rebooked several times in the lead up to the trip. We paid for lots of activities in advance so once we were there it was really only food and petrol we had to pay for.
I guess that I missed out on the ‘Charm’ bit. Otherwise I totally agree. For me, California knocks Florida into a cocked hat.. other than Gulf Coast sand quality and temperatures.

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

I guess that I missed out on the ‘Charm’ bit. Otherwise I totally agree. For me, California knocks Florida into a cocked hat.. other than Gulf Coast sand quality and temperatures.
Awww, the original Disneyland where Walt himself walked and looked out on it from his apartment above the fire station? Definitely a charmer for this Disney fan!
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Fantastic, thanks for sharing x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
Awww, the original Disneyland where Walt himself walked and looked out on it from his apartment above the fire station? Definitely a charmer for this Disney fan!
Yes, but that is the crucial difference between the two of us.

You clearly love the Disney thing, whilst I would not be bothered were I never to enter a Disney park or shop again.

My interest is all about the USA and I never even give Disney a thought any more... other than to buy picture frame, photo album and annual pin. Because that is how we keep our memories! (I confess to OCD).

I confess to also having the Lego Disney Castle in our lounge!

Edited at 07:26 AM.
Old 6 Aug 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes, but that is the crucial difference between the two of us.

You clearly love the Disney thing, whilst I would not be bothered were I never to enter a Disney park or shop again.

My interest is all about the USA and I never even give Disney a thought any more... other than to buy picture frame, photo album and annual pin. Because that is how we keep our memories! (I confess to OCD).

I confess to also having the Lego Disney Castle in our lounge!
Of course, it takes all sorts to make the world go round