Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 28 Dec 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
waggywoo
Looking for my Ears

Budget car rental and expedited service?

I have had great experience with AVIS in the past and their
Preferred program where we were able to bypass the counter.

Does anyone have any knowledge of Budget, do they offer a similar service? Much better deal with Budget on BA fly drive.
waggywoo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Budget used to offer this with their FASTBREAK service but unfortunately it's no longer available to UK guests.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I've just looked on their website as they were coming in about £80 cheaper for a Tahoe that Avis through BA and found they do what's called a Digital check in.

So… what is digital check-in?
It’s Budget's new time saving service, which allows you to fast-track your rental collection experience by skipping the counter and reducing contact with others when you come to collect your hire car or van rental.

By providing us with a few details in advance which you’d usually have to hand over at the counter, you can save yourself a tonne of time ... it means we can hand you the keys quicker and you can get on your way.

Your vehicle will be ready and waiting, and with our Budget Worry-free Promise you can be confident it has been thoroughly cleaned before your rental.

How does digital check-in work?
It’s simple. You can check-in online from the moment you’ve hit the book button for your next rental.

Click here, or use the button on the booking confirmation page to get started. We’ll ask you for a few details – so you’ll need to grab your driving licence and a payment card, because these details will be required during the check-in process. Enter all your details, select any options to customise your rental and click done. It’s that easy.

Don’t have your details to hand? Don’t sweat it. There are plenty of opportunities to check-in before your rental. And in case you forget, we’ll send you a reminder by email.

Old 29 Dec 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by youre-nicked View Post
I've just looked on their website as they were coming in about £80 cheaper for a Tahoe that Avis through BA and found they do what's called a Digital check in.

So… what is digital check-in?
It’s Budget's new time saving service, which allows you to fast-track your rental collection experience by skipping the counter and reducing contact with others when you come to collect your hire car or van rental.

By providing us with a few details in advance which you’d usually have to hand over at the counter, you can save yourself a tonne of time ... it means we can hand you the keys quicker and you can get on your way.

Your vehicle will be ready and waiting, and with our Budget Worry-free Promise you can be confident it has been thoroughly cleaned before your rental.

How does digital check-in work?
It’s simple. You can check-in online from the moment you’ve hit the book button for your next rental.

Click here, or use the button on the booking confirmation page to get started. We’ll ask you for a few details – so you’ll need to grab your driving licence and a payment card, because these details will be required during the check-in process. Enter all your details, select any options to customise your rental and click done. It’s that easy.

Don’t have your details to hand? Don’t sweat it. There are plenty of opportunities to check-in before your rental. And in case you forget, we’ll send you a reminder by email.

Sounds great!... but having just done a test booking and tried logging in, it doesn't accept bookings through 3rd parties

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thats not very nice of them especially in this era of Corona
Old 30 Dec 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I've got a BA flydrive with Budget car hire for August 2021. Just tried to do the Digital check in and got a custard pie. 🤷
Old 30 Dec 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

I've tried finding a weakness but so far, failed... I registered for a rapid rez membership using a US address and then one of the steps to complete your profile asks for your driving licence, of which the UK is listed as an option. Thought I was on to a winner but then during the digital check in the 'State' field was greyed out and empty but was required to progress... Tried again leaving the driving licence set to US but it recognised it wasn't a valid licence. I'll try a few more times to see if I can beat it.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

To be honest if it cant be done then Id pay the extra to get the car through AVIS as I really don't want to have to go to a desk, I'm grumpy enough let alone after a long flight and I like just going straight to the car without any sales interactions.

Good luck Andy