NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
TRIP REPORT: Day 4 Hong Kong Disneyland Day 2 & Travel to Shanghai – Tuesday 24th September

I felt so sad today. I know that moving onto Shanghai was exciting, and we had so much ahead of us, but I was in love with the Disneyland Hotel, Jong Kong Disneyland, and could have stayed for longer in Hong Kong to see more. That’s a sure fire way to know that we will be back in the future – but there is a big world out there to see!

We woke again at 7.30am, and got up at 8am to straighten my hair and complete the packing, as today we would be moving on to Shanghai.

The gates opened again today at 10.10am, and we headed right to see Cookie again – only Shellie-May was there today. Again, there was no wait, so we stopped for photos, before waiting for the rope to drop and head right to Tomorrowland.

Ant-Man and Ironman would again be our first stops, before heading for breakfast, which would again be more chocolate covered donuts – today was Pooh (my favourite!) for me, Duffy (again, little red) for Matt, and a water between us, for $120/£12.

Next, we rode the teacups (a private ride, nonetheless!) and Mystic Manor, before a wander around the Fantasy Gardens.

We continued to walk around via Toy Story Land.

Another ride on Mystic Manor was a must!

We then had an early lunch again at the Explorers Lodge – two Butter Chickens, upsized drinks, with our meal vouchers, came to $26/£2.50.

We met Pooh next at Festival Garden, before heading over to Main Street to catch the Flights of Fantasy which we had missed yesterday since it is at 1.30pm.

We decided on the Jungle River Cruise next…the humour was kind of lost on the translation (they do a version in English).

We followed that up with an ice lolly – Minnie Sweet Treat for Matt, Lotso (strawberry popsicle for me) for which we used our vouchers, and a Sprite which was $30/£3.

After a little bench break, we rode Hyperspace Mountain, and Ant-Man, before leaving the park at 2.30pm ready to begin the next leg of our trip.

I had originally booked flights allowing us to stay later, but this had been cancelled and we’d been put on another instead. As it happened, we were pretty much done here, and we got to Shanghai late anyway, so any later wouldn’t have been ideal anyway.

So we walked back to the hotel, sorted our hand luggage, and went to head out to grab a taxi – but Pluto was greeting in the lobby so of course we stopped for a photo.

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Our taxi to the airport was $160/£16, and check in and security were easy enough. There was an extra security step before you were allowed into the terminal, I guess after the protests had shut it down just 5 weeks prior.

We decided on dinner at a restaurant called Duddell’s which had clearly just opened. I later found out that this is a two Michelin star restaurant in Central…just how we roll, Michelin star everyday lol.

I ordered some Char Sui/BBQ Pork and Custard Dim Sum (as Tim Ho Wan hadn’t done them, and I wanted Matt to try them), and Matt had the BBQ Pork & Pork Belly with rice, and I had the BBQ pork with noodles. With two drinks, this came to $353/£35. It was delicious.

And a magical thing happened - Matt mastered chopsticks! Look how pleased with himself he was!

During our waiting time, I sorted our photos and wrote some notes. We also bought two drinks for the flight from Relay for $31/£3.

Our flight boarded on time at 6.10pm, and we pushed back early at 6.35pm. I watched the film Date Night on the plane, and the flight was over before we knew it. We landed slightly early at 8.45pm, and then we had to shuttle to the terminal. Immigration took some time because we had to sort our 144 hour visa. There was never any doubt that we would get it, but it was unnerving. Top tip – fill in the blue landing card, not the yellow!

We collected our baggage quickly, and then joined the very long queue for taxis. I think we waited 20-30 minutes, and were in the car at around 10pm. We had flown to Hongqiao airport (not Pudong) and the journey took 45 minutes and cost RMB240/£26.

Walking into the Toy Story Hotel can only be described as joyful, only dampened by feeling tired after a long day and a slightly stressful airport experience. Check in was smooth, albeit a little slow. We collected our pocket Wifi (which we had ordered from 3GSolutions for US$104, including postage. It worked perfectly throughout.

I just adore the rooms here – is there better theming anywhere in the world?!

Once in our room (one of the bellmen brought our luggage, which was a nice touch, especially for a ‘value’ resort), we unpacked a little, and prepared for tomorrow’s day out in Shanghai. We collapsed into bed at midnight.

Steps = 18,518

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I love the look of the Toy Story Hotel!

Looking forward to reading about your adventures in another park!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
I love the look of the Toy Story Hotel!

Looking forward to reading about your adventures in another park!
Oh it was great! The day it opened I said to Matt that we would stay there some day! We loved it!

Thanks for reading along!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 31 Dec 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

What a great morning at HK Disney.
Really smooth and fast travel to Shanghai too.
The Toy Story Hotel looks amazing.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List