Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Jan 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by anji View Post
Loving your trip! We flew Norwegian on the same flight out of Gatwick and were very impressed too. You were really lucky to be out in 20 minutes as it took us forever (trip report in progress but covers our flight). I love your boat and would never have thought of doing this - well done!

See you live in Penryn. My son was down there for 2 years at University doing a Masters. Lovely place and miss visiting him.
I have just been reading your trip report and was interested in how you reviewed the flight. It was interesting that it was a similar viewpoint to ours. I would most certainly use Norwegian again!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
doodles
Getting Excited

An excellent trip report. Many thanks for taking the time to share it with us. As you may have guessed I am using my time in lockdown wisely.
doodles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by doodles View Post
An excellent trip report. Many thanks for taking the time to share it with us. As you may have guessed I am using my time in lockdown wisely.
I am glad that you liked it as I always have fun writing them, constantly revising them for months after initial completion.

Try the other one.. that might appeal also!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I’ve just read both of your trip reports, thank you they were very enjoyable and very informative.

I was thinking there about you going to the air museums and thought that it’s very similar ( although totally different) to me going to golf courses with my dh on holiday. It’s such an integral part of our holidays now and actually some of the places we have went just because he loves golf has been both amazing and very random. Last May we went to Pinehurst NC and honestly just loved it. Also getting out with him first thing in the morning , he’s always on the tee as early as he can, has allowed me to see the most beautiful sights and nature. My friends have asked me in the past how I can be bothered with it but it’s something we do together.

I agree with your opinion on San Diego. We love it. The first time we went for 5 nights and it has stayed with us. Been again once purely to see the Padres as we fell in love with baseball there. And agree about New York as well. Been once and not in a rush to return, but may have 1 night in it this May coming on the way home from a trip. Hoping the Yankees are playing that night.

We still love Disney though and aren’t quite ready to give that up yet. We are supposed to be going to Disneyland in December so was good to read your review in your other trippie as I really was wondering whether we needed to do 2 parks as we always just intended to do Disneyland for just 1 day. Will need to see if we actually get in the first place.

Thanks again
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
I’ve just read both of your trip reports, thank you they were very enjoyable and very informative.

I was thinking there about you going to the air museums and thought that it’s very similar ( although totally different) to me going to golf courses with my dh on holiday. It’s such an integral part of our holidays now and actually some of the places we have went just because he loves golf has been both amazing and very random. Last May we went to Pinehurst NC and honestly just loved it. Also getting out with him first thing in the morning , he’s always on the tee as early as he can, has allowed me to see the most beautiful sights and nature. My friends have asked me in the past how I can be bothered with it but it’s something we do together.

I agree with your opinion on San Diego. We love it. The first time we went for 5 nights and it has stayed with us. Been again once purely to see the Padres as we fell in love with baseball there. And agree about New York as well. Been once and not in a rush to return, but may have 1 night in it this May coming on the way home from a trip. Hoping the Yankees are playing that night.

We still love Disney though and aren’t quite ready to give that up yet. We are supposed to be going to Disneyland in December so was good to read your review in your other trippie as I really was wondering whether we needed to do 2 parks as we always just intended to do Disneyland for just 1 day. Will need to see if we actually get in the first place.

Thanks again
Thankyou for reading them both and I am really glad that you enjoyed them.

They are done ‘single thread with index on page 1’ in order that they can be read as an ‘adventure’.
Whilst initially compiled live and in the evenings before bed as my wife does her scrapbook, I spend many months amending, adding to and hopefully improving them.

When I am finally satisfied, I print off a copy and it goes in the box file for that years vacation along with Mandie’s scrapbook and also the various maps, small souvenirs etc.

On the cold dull evenings, we frequently visit the Report, the Scrapbook, the Photo album and also the picture frame on the wall, thinking of better times.

Once again, Thankyou!

Old 31 Dec 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
It’s free, it’s really well supported by helpful volunteers and it was simply the best military or other Aviation Museum that I have ever visited and that includes the Smithsonian in Washington. I could have stayed for many days, but am grateful that my family gave me the two. It was also very full of human stories and , such as the Doolittle raiders goblets in their cabinet. Absolutely worth the visit!
Have you done both aviation museums in Washington the one just outside was great in my opinion.
Old 31 Dec 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by keith1973 View Post
Have you done both aviation museums in Washington the one just outside was great in my opinion.
I have been to both, on the Mall around 1981, when I was there as a soldier.. and again in around 2016, a trip when we also flew out of Dulles after getting a $70 taxi from right next to Reagan airport at the bottom of the Mall. My wife was rather teasy when she realised that we had paid an extra £10pp to fly indirect out of Dulles via Detroit to get to Orlando.. when there were direct flights from Reagan! The Hazy centre at Dulles was excellent...

If you like aircraft, a really fantastic museum is the Naval Aviation one at Pensacola, FL. IMHO, it is in the same league as Hazy, Airspace on the mall and even Dayton OH.

Another good couple should you visit California are Castle AFB at Atwater (which we diverted to whilst encountering from SFO to Monterey) and also Airspace at San Diego.. (along with USS Midway).

Old 31 Dec 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I have been to both, on the Mall around 1981, when I was there as a soldier.. and again in around 2016, a trip when we also flew out of Dulles after getting a $70 taxi from right next to Reagan airport at the bottom of the Mall. My wife was rather teasy when she realised that we had paid an extra £10pp to fly indirect out of Dulles via Detroit to get to Orlando.. when there were direct flights from Reagan! The Hazy centre at Dulles was excellent...

If you like aircraft, a really fantastic museum is the Naval Aviation one at Pensacola, FL. IMHO, it is in the same league as Hazy, Airspace on the mall and even Dayton OH.

Another good couple should you visit California are Castle AFB at Atwater (which we diverted to whilst encountering from SFO to Monterey) and also Airspace at San Diego.. (along with USS Midway).
Thank you I’ve done the one in SD I love a flight museum I’ll try Pensacola one next trip if I ever get back. Really enjoyed your trip report
Old 31 Dec 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by keith1973 View Post
Thank you I’ve done the one in SD I love a flight museum I’ll try Pensacola one next trip if I ever get back. Really enjoyed your trip report
Pensacola is a museum that simply has the full set in relation to their stated objective and largely in great condition with loads of information.

My wife absolutely loved the Pensacola Beach/ panhandle area and in particular, Margaritaville Hotel.

What we did was fly into Pensacola via Atlanta (£435 at Easter hols), pick up our car and then to Margaritaville. From there we visited USS Alabama in Mobile, Pensacola museum and did some beach before driving to Destin.
Destin is a wonderful drive along a 60 mile sandbar. We stayed at a very nice Henderson State Park. Attractions are a Crab Island Boat trip and Eglin AFB air museum.
We then drove to Tampa (and I don’t advise it), 450 miles of featureless tedium.
Tampa we did B Gardens, then onwards to Orlando, flying home from MCO.

No regrets, except that we could have flown direct from Destin to Orlando after dumping our car for around £65 pp.

Conclusion, although Pensacola is a long way from Orlando, it is a short flight at decent cost and very, very well worth a visit. The beaches are fantastic in quality. As you may have noticed, we are into ‘ribbon multi centres’, starting at A and ending at B.. or G,H etc. We very rarely start and end at the same location, but never pay a penalty for this tactic.

Edited at 06:54 PM.
Old 15 Mar 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sijen
Very Serious Dibber

sijen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Thanks for a great trip report. I've seen a few posts from you and taking on board all your advice. Hoping to do the Keys next year if COVID lets us. Xxx