Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 23 Jan 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
m3gt2
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by fiona3103 View Post
Definitely like the idea of keep my keys. Sounds like a great suggestion.
Yes I will never park where you need to hand your keys, if they damaged it or worse your insurance would laugh at you if you tried to claim!
m3gt2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DorsetSeasider
Proud to wear my Ears

We are hopefully heading out in November and have booked Meet & Greet Parking with Maple Parking, used discount code FLY20 (found it on a billboard on google maps street view! ) and it was £92 for 2 weeks, you drive to terminal and they take it from there.
DorsetSeasider is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Donnalou36
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m exactly the same as you. Travelling from Liverpool to Heathrow. Have looked at purple parking park n ride but you have to leave keys. I’m not too keen on that. But it’s half the price of official Heathrow parking. Has anyone used purple parking and left keys?
Donnalou36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've used Purple Parking for many years with their Meet and Greet service (I use to travel across Europe for work so not just holidays) never had an issue with any damage on the car or additional mileage over and above their parking.

Their insurance covers damage, and they check the car before taking it, I always laughed at their truthful statement on my car of "Dirty"

I did use to get delays arriving in LHR at 1630ish on a friday when you had to phone them to bring the car to you, but since the change to using the short stay car parks I have had only one occasion where the car was not waiting for me, this time 1830ish on a Thursday.

I am always happy to use Purple Parking, even at Gatwick if I have left it too late to book cheap short stay parking for holidays.
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive

Edited at 09:16 PM.
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Donnalou36
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by baggies View Post
I've used Purple Parking for many years with their Meet and Greet service (I use to travel across Europe for work so not just holidays) never had an issue with any damage on the car or additional mileage over and above their parking.

Their insurance covers damage, and they check the car before taking it, I always laughed at their truthful statement on my car of "Dirty"

I did use to get delays arriving in LHR at 1630ish on a friday when you had to phone them to bring the car to you, but since the change to using the short stay car parks I have had only one occasion where the car was not waiting for me, this time 1830ish on a Thursday.

I am always happy to use Purple Parking, even at Gatwick if I have left it too late to book cheap short stay parking for holidays.
Good to know. Thank you.
Donnalou36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida4ever
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

You can get a discount at holiday extras if you have an AA card = Benefits
Old 19 Feb 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donnalou36 View Post
I’m exactly the same as you. Travelling from Liverpool to Heathrow. Have looked at purple parking park n ride but you have to leave keys. I’m not too keen on that. But it’s half the price of official Heathrow parking. Has anyone used purple parking and left keys?
I always use them and leave my keys. I also photograph my mileage and have never had an issue. It is worth adding that at LHR, the carpark is multi storey and secure. An errant member of staff would really struggle to remove my car from their compound.
That is why I would also sooner drive my car into their compound and get the shuttle to the airport terminal.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I've used Purple Parking/Maple Parking a couple of times and I'm very happy with the service.
Old 21 Feb 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
blackbird
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by fiona3103 View Post
I’m interested in places you can keep your keys, any more reviews NCP flightpath or other ideas?
I believe that at the thistle you leave your car at hotel, and they have pods to take you to airport T5.
blackbird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
m3gt2
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
I believe that at the thistle you leave your car at hotel, and they have pods to take you to airport T5.
Yes they are brilliant, used the Thistle and pods when I went NY.
m3gt2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List