Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jan 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I think positivity will come once lockdown is lifted, then we can see what happens. This isnt just about Covid, but power has gone to too many peoples heads and are controlling us now.
They are saying things like pubs will be May at the earliest, so June/July will be a wash out but anyone planning a trip later in the year for the anniversary in Oct/Nov should feel hopeful.
Anyone planning August/September for a last minute holiday may find some great pricing if lockdowns are suddenly lifted.

I think 2021 will be the last minute holiday year.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Oops Just booked 1 night at Universal Hotel, I was going to wait until things were more certain, but saw a good price for Jurassic World suite in Loews Royal Pacific, only a few rooms left and free cancelation up until a few days before so went for it. So kids will have a bed each in separate bedroom. Think I'll keep it quiet from DH till nearer the time
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Firekat View Post
Oops Just booked 1 night at Universal Hotel, I was going to wait until things were more certain, but saw a good price for Jurassic World suite in Loews Royal Pacific, only a few rooms left and free cancelation up until a few days before so went for it. So kids will have a bed each in separate bedroom. Think I'll keep it quiet from DH till nearer the time

Who did you book with? US direct?
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

I booked with booking.com had intended on booking a standard 2 queen bed room, but decided to splurge for comfort £434 for the jurassic world suite - we all desrve a treat after the past year!
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
the willys
Excited about Disney

October 12th for us, 4th trip for myself,hubby and 3 elder sons and a first trip for my baby who will be 20 months! I can’t wait. We all need to go to the happy place
Old 28 Jan 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Finger slipped again...booked back in for Oct..this time into Miami! What will be will be for Oct.

Booked with BA now so plenty of scope to change and cancel.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
I think positivity will come once lockdown is lifted, then we can see what happens. This isnt just about Covid, but power has gone to too many peoples heads and are controlling us now.
They are saying things like pubs will be May at the earliest, so June/July will be a wash out but anyone planning a trip later in the year for the anniversary in Oct/Nov should feel hopeful.
Anyone planning August/September for a last minute holiday may find some great pricing if lockdowns are suddenly lifted.

I think 2021 will be the last minute holiday year.
Not positive enough sorry!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
Finger slipped again...booked back in for Oct..this time into Miami! What will be will be for Oct.

Booked with BA now so plenty of scope to change and cancel.
Same here, treated ourselves to club return 🥳 we’re having a week in Naples to chill out in the sun ☀️
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
Very Serious Dibber

We are booked to go 14th august. I’m not ready to throw in the towel just yet, I’m feeling slightly hopeful we will be going.
Doc88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
AP1991
Earning More Ears

January 2022 for us, hopefully for Marathon Weekend..

I'm taking lots of positivity from the fact that a lot of the major organised Marathons in the USA are confident that they will be going ahead properly, same with the London Marathon over here!

Just waiting for Feb to roll around so we can get our flights booked.

As of a few days ago, almost 8 million people in the UK have now been vaccinated and something like 25 million in the US, I think thats definitely something positive we can look to!

Also; Not meaning to ruin the magic here but Disney is a company at the end of the day and they will want to get back up and running properly the second that they can!

Sending good vibes to everyone on here thats feeling positive they will return to the magic very soon!
AP1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List