Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 3 Oct 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Cruises from Southampton

Hi all. We are hoping to go on a cruise from southampton next September or October. Our cruise round the Caribbean was cancelled this year.

We have looked at both P&O and Royal Caribbean, but Royal are only showing 3 cruises for those months and P&O not much more.

Do you think they will add more cruises as the effects of the pandemic hopefully fade?
Thanks
James

Edited at 07:01 PM.
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
Hi all. We are hoping to go on a cruise from southampton next September or October. Our cruise round the Caribbean was cancelled this year.

We have looked at both P&O and Royal Caribbean, but Royal are only showing 3 cruises for those months and P&O not much more.

Do you think they will add more cruises as the effects of the pandemic hopefully fade?
Thanks
James
Would be very surprised. The cruises showing are there with the proviso that there will be no pandemic. Its the most they will be doing. I think I remember that RCI pulled one of their ships away from Southampton to do different route. The problem in part is the weather or more specificially the waves. Going through the Bay of Biscay in October could leave a lot to be desired and going north to Norway tends to be looking for Northern lights due to the short days.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

We were due to do a med cruise this august with Celebrity, we’ve moved it to next September and from Southampton instead of Venice, it’s called north European capitals, we used their lift and shift so didn’t have to pay the price difference, but it’s shockingly expensive if you look at it now, I’m not sure if it think it’ll actually go ahead?
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the replies. I may check and see if there are any other options for possibly August. We usually always have our holidays from the end of September (so I will be away for my birthday on the 9th October &#128521
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Its the time of year for the cruise I would go for if I could. The one where the ships move from the Med to the Caribbean. Very cheap prices.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Its the time of year for the cruise I would go for if I could. The one where the ships move from the Med to the Caribbean. Very cheap prices.
When do they move the ships?
Old 4 Oct 20, 03:48 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Princess have a Southampton to Fort Lauderdale next October, we have friends booked on it to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the information. I hadn't even looked at any other cruise line. I assumed it was only Royal Caribbean and P&O that sailed from Southampton.
Old 4 Oct 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

There's deffo more options, there's also Cunard. Which is obviously a bit polarising. But I see some NCL Sailings as well certainly in September, and even still some MSC sailings on the Magnifica in September and October.

I would use a TA site like Iglucruise, so you can a search and get ideas, and then go to the Cruise Lines website to get some better ideas. The ships sailing in that period cover a fairly wide base. So all depends what you want from your break.
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
When do they move the ships?
The ships start doing their Transatlantics back over around late September to November. I am booked on Harmony of The Seas TA from Barcelona back to Port Canaveral for October 31st.
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List