Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Thought I would add my trip on.

We have moved our trip we had planned in December for my 50th to September next year.

We managed to keep our first class reward flights to and from LA from Glasgow with BA which I am ecstatic about.
We land on the 2nd September and have the following itinerary booked.

2 nights in Anaheim at the Desert Palm hotel for 1 day in Disneyland ( first time )
3 nights in Vegas at the New York New York. We really like this hotel it’s got a great atmosphere.
1 night in Sedona in The Sky Ranch Lodge ( first visit)
3 nights in Phoenix at the Wild Horse Pass hotel in Chandler. Been here for 1 night before but really here for the golf.
7 nights in Palm Springs in an Airbnb on the PGA west course in La Quinta. Just love the place. Can’t wait to be back and enjoying the desert.

This is about the limit of what we do in terms of quantity of stops on a holiday. The final week in Palm Springs will give us a good bit of relaxation before we go home. We adore the place and love going up to pioneer town with Pappy and Harriets. My dh is an avid golfer and this is a huge part of our holiday.
I am so looking forward to seeing Sedona as well it just looks stunning. We will visit Montezumas Castle on the drive from Sedona to Phoenix .
Hopefully there will be a Padres game on in San Diego when we are in PS as we will go over for the night to take that in. If anyone is going to San Diego you really need to try and get to a game. The park and atmosphere is just amazing.
This will be our 8 th trip to Vegas so we only go for a few nights now. Will be visiting the hotels and going to our favourite restaurants, Andiamo at the D, Mon Ami Gabi and Buddy V’s. With a trip to the peppermill fireside for breakfast.
Oh and how could I forget a stop at Peggy Sues on the way to Vegas.
I think we will finish off with a day at Santa Monica before our 9 pm flight home.

Let’s hope we get to go.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi la Quinta is great . We stayed there 3 years ago and love the whole place. Fantastic choice of courses.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi la Quinta is great . We stayed there 3 years ago and love the whole place. Fantastic choice of courses.
We were in desert palms a couple of years ago. It’s such a great area. Could probably go every year
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

It sounds fabulous!

We always stopped at Peggy Sues but have since discovered Eddie World and go there instead now it’s almost next door!
Old 13 Oct 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Where are you playing in chandler.
We are looking at another west coast trip next year, tentative thoughts at present. Possibly into Denver , mt rushmore, little big horn, Yellowstone , Vancouver, Monterey. We always take the clubs and try to play 4/5 times. We just have a look at route and pick somewhere for an afternoon game with short trip to overnight stop, or if staying somewhere for 3/4 days maybe play a couple of courses. On the past we have played half moon bay both courses, poppy hills, a couple in Lake Tahoe, and a couple just on route that never really get uk visitors. On one of these the pro basically just gave us the run of the place with free stroke savers etc, lovely course and we paid $40
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
It sounds fabulous!

We always stopped at Peggy Sues but have since discovered Eddie World and go there instead now it’s almost next door!
Will need to have a look at that.
Old 13 Oct 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Where are you playing in chandler.
We are looking at another west coast trip next year, tentative thoughts at present. Possibly into Denver , mt rushmore, little big horn, Yellowstone , Vancouver, Monterey. We always take the clubs and try to play 4/5 times. We just have a look at route and pick somewhere for an afternoon game with short trip to overnight stop, or if staying somewhere for 3/4 days maybe play a couple of courses. On the past we have played half moon bay both courses, poppy hills, a couple in Lake Tahoe, and a couple just on route that never really get uk visitors. On one of these the pro basically just gave us the run of the place with free stroke savers etc, lovely course and we paid $40
Oh that looks like an amazing trip. I have a friend who’s family come from Deadwood and own the number 10 liquor saloon where Wild Bill Hickock was shot. We will go there at some point. Along with Mt Rushmore. And Tahoe. Lots of amazing places to visit

In Chandler he will play The Whirlwind golf club next to the hotel. He played that the last time and said it was great. Then probably one in Scottsdale. We were going to stay there but liked this hotel from the last time we were there.

Most of the time he doesn’t pick until the day before when he sees what’s available. He maybe picks one or two good courses then just looks on golf now to see what’s going on but will then try and book with the course direct. We tend to play first thing in the morning. We try to stay on as much Uk time as we can. Yes that means up at 5 ish. But we are not bothered about night life much prefer the mornings. ( and when I say WE play, he plays and I drive the cart and drink beer lol , and appreciate the amazing scenery you get on a golf course).
Old 13 Oct 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

We both play and quite often join others. The course where we where so we’ll looked after was pine crest in Idaho falls