Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 2 Jan 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Thinking of starting Gousto?

Hi all,

I’m looking at starting Gousto or some other food box delivery scheme.

We’ve got into a real rut with eating and I just haven’t got any enthusiasm for cooking and we are both in desperate need of getting fit and healthy, so I’m wondering if this might be an idea for us to kick start new eating habits and find new, healthier meals without having to think about meal planning (which I hate! )

We are a family of four though (two teenage boys) and just wondering if the family packs are big enough? (Although portion control would be good for DH and I, the boys eat adult portions and thankfully don’t need to worry about their weight like we do!)

Any advice much appreciated 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We’ve been getting Gousto boxes for a few years now and really rate them. They’ve been a god send during lockdown. We’ve used Hello fresh in the past but Gousto is better imo.

They are one of the most reasonable priced boxes on the market. Some company’s seem really expensive! Get a voucher for your first box or two.

We are a family of 4 and a box of 4 meals for 4 people is £47.75, so just short of £3pp per meal.

I’d say most of the meals are big enough for 4 adults.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023

Edited at 12:30 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We haven’t done Gousto but did Hello Fresh for a few weeks as we felt in a rut and I liked that we ate different things. I found some of the meals a bit of a faff.
There are 3 of us who all eat adult portions and the sizes were good, sometimes a little big.
There’s a thread That shows lots of the different meals from both options.
I hate meal planning too so I have spent the holidays making a list of all my favourite meals to make it easier to decide what to have and have a bit of variety.

I’d happily try Gousto at some point though if there’s a good offer on, I’d think that would give you a good idea if you think it’s worth it.
Old 2 Jan 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

We really like our Gousto boxes. We’ve used hellofresh too, which has been fine, but I think there’s a better variety with Gousto and they’re slightly cheaper. Especially as I’m veggie, I find there’s a lot more options. I was only saying to DH last night about how much easier it is and remember when we used to have to decide what to eat on a night when we were bored of eating the same stuff pretty much every week. They usually have codes for money off the first month or first box so make sure you use one when you sign up. I think they may vary from person to person but the code I can currently give out is 35% off for a month if anyone would like it, just DM me. Previously I’ve had free boxes but I think they stopped that over lockdown when demand increased.
Also, if anyone would like any screen shots of what is on the menu this week I can show you. Some weeks are better than others! Edit: added them on post 7

Edited at 09:03 PM.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We love Gousto. I have discount codes for 40% your first box and 30% for the rest of your first month so if anyone wants one please PM me.

We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teens) and the portions are fine for us. We love the variety and it has got us out of our cooking rut.

Also and added bonus is that the kids will pick up a recipe card and cook now too.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
We love Gousto. I have discount codes for 40% your first box and 30% for the rest of your first month so if anyone wants one please PM me.

We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teens) and the portions are fine for us. We love the variety and it has got us out of our cooking rut.

Also and added bonus is that the kids will pick up a recipe card and cook now too.
Ah I’d love a discount code! Thank you so much for offering that’s so kind. (ETA - just tried to message you but I think your inbox is full) x

That’s really helpful everyone, I think I’m going to give it a go - I really need to get out of this food rut I’m in - we are eating for the sake of it right now and definitely not remotely healthy stuff, so need to sort ourselves out! 👍

Edited at 01:49 PM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

I’ve taken screenshots of this week’s menu here. The number on the left is how long it takes to make. They swap the menu around each week but things do crop up every few weeks. I’ve never tried any of the ready meals as I think I’d probably get them on a better deal at the supermarket if I wanted one but I can see them being handy for a night off. We still need to do a big shop for lunches and for the girls as well as they’re not very adventurous.

Edited at 02:13 PM.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for this thread. I was just contemplating trying a box for us 3.
Thanks for the screenshots too, very helpful.
Do you choose the meals?
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Do you choose the meals?
Yes you can choose the meals, although as they get to know you and what you like to order they make suggestions.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Do you choose the meals?
Yes you can choose up to four different meals (you can see my choices at the bottom of the screenshots haha) and you can also set it up in case you forget to choose. So I’m set up to choose the vegetarian meals so if I actually forgot to choose my own one week they’d send me a selection of veggie meals out.