Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 28 Jan 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm now watching Years and Years as I didn't see it first time around. Really enjoying that too
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

only watched the first one...

very hedonistic lifestyle ! but very thought provoking and quite foreboding as we can all guess what is coming...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
only watched the first one...

very hedonistic lifestyle ! but very thought provoking and quite foreboding as we can all guess what is coming...
I am not sure you can - there are many twists and turns and what you may think is the obvious from episode 1 gets turned on its head in episode 3

I didnt see anything hedonistic at all in it and from following it through to the end it seemed like ordinary group of people going through an extraordinary time and experience - much like man of us at period
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
I'm now watching Years and Years as I didn't see it first time around. Really enjoying that too
That was a brilliant series 👍👍
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Well I binge watched and so glad I did once I watched the second episode I was hooked in, such a brilliant cast , I really felt invested in the characters when Colin died I actually cried and that isn’t like me, people’s reactions being played out did shock me but at same time I thought it completely believable with how parents, neighbours, strangers , medical professionals even would have reacted at the time, some ignorance , some just being blinkered, not many at first knew anything about it, I was a teenager in the early 80s and what I was seeing and hearing spooked me ... this will clear up at the BAFTA’s one of best things I’ve watched in a long while
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I am not sure you can - there are many twists and turns and what you may think is the obvious from episode 1 gets turned on its head in episode 3

I didnt see anything hedonistic at all in it and from following it through to the end it seemed like ordinary group of people going through an extraordinary time and experience - much like man of us at period
intrigued now , will have to catch up before next tomorrow mehtinks

ref the hedonism did seem from my eyes a very care free do what you want scene... maybe i lead a sheltered life but when i was a young lad at their age i could only dream of going to pubs/parties like that...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
That was a brilliant series 👍👍
Anything with Russel Tovey in gets my interest - a wonderful actor
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
intrigued now , will have to catch up before next tomorrow mehtinks

ref the hedonism did seem from my eyes a very care free do what you want scene... maybe i lead a sheltered life but when i was a young lad at their age i could only dream of going to pubs/parties like that...
It was based on real life of the writer who lived in the pink palace - a house share in London. I wont give you any spoilers but the twists may surprise you as the characters develop. Please stick with it . I guess they all worked hard and party hard but I did that too just maybe not quite to all that extreme ...
Old 28 Jan 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Anything with Russel Tovey in gets my interest - a wonderful actor
He is did you watch him in the itv drama just before Christmas think it was the sisters and then there was one I can’t remember name of it also last year when his mum remarried and they had the weird neighbour played by Imelda Staunton ... come to think of it in middle of a pandemic there’s been some brilliant dramas on this year , or maybe I was more invested because I was in the house with nowhere to be x
Old 28 Jan 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Not even herd of this ...is it a drama ? whats it about
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List