Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jan 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Seat selection on AA operated flights is free and can be booked as early as you like , saves quite a chunk of change .
That’s good to know, we always used to book AA through BA for this reason but I thought they’d changed it a couple of years ago. I’ll look into them again now as I’d prefer to get the seats I want booked.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mrslfc
Excited about Disney

This is good news just hope they lengthen the time we have to use the vouchers, going up to the end of 2022 would be perfect
mrslfc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mrslfc View Post
This is good news just hope they lengthen the time we have to use the vouchers, going up to the end of 2022 would be perfect
Agree completely. There are lots of, particularly, families with school age children who would have been going summer 21 who will want to move to summer 22 but may not be able to find a slot with school etc between summer 21 and April 22. Even if they pushed it to Sept 22 it would allow allow the summer ones to move.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Really hope they extend the voucher as looking less likely that we will be able to go this summer. Luckily we have only paid £350 so far. I suppose we could maybe use a voucher for a trip closer to home by next April if we had to but would prefer to use it for Florida next summer if this year doesn't happen.
Old 26 Jan 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

Oh wow thanks for the update. We are due to head out on 3rd September so this is good news for us. Now to decide whether to stick with our dates and wait it out or push it back to October...
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Hopefully once we hit April 2021 they will push the date forward again to maybe sept 2022 for the vouchers - that is my hope anyway!

Our concerns are the same as others really - quarantine on arrival (not as much of an issue coming home as we can both work from home, but then again the kids wouldn't be allowed at school so not idea!) and having to take a negative test before we go and before we return, not sure on the return price but for a family of 4 (depending on the ages of having to take it!) that's £480 and if it's the same return that is nearly £1k on top of the holiday. I would rather loose the £300 deposit than pay all that for tests! Actually if they don't push it on past April and we decide by July payment deadline not to go due to testing / quarantine still being in place then we will take the voucher and probably just use it for a weekend away to Europe in early 2022 just to save it being wasted money

We are not doing parks as such, just 3 days in Orlando so the boys can go to hollywood studios for the Starwars bit, that is literally it so I am not bothered about masks - I have not booked accommodation yet but need to "just in case" because it seems to be booking up fast, however all but one place (anna maria island!) are bookable on a full refund if cancelled by X date. AMI is the sticking point for us, it's our favorite place to visit but yet to find anywhere that will actually refund deposits (which are quite high!) as they have all said, as it's ok in the USA for travel it's their standard policy, one place said it's case by case and up to the owner if they let you re-schedule the stay.

My main concern is actually that if people are not traveling long haul by Summer then there will be no airlines left to travel UK > Long Haul
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

This is great new just tried to change my booking till xmas over the phone was told I had to request a voucher so hopefully it come through quickly so I can rebook.
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
That’s good to know, we always used to book AA through BA for this reason but I thought they’d changed it a couple of years ago. I’ll look into them again now as I’d prefer to get the seats I want booked.

Yes free seats were quite limited for a while on transatlantic but it seems to have gone back to any except exit row and plus again now.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Seeing a lot of refundable on Airbnb at the moment , maybe if you’ve you haven’t tried that yet ?

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Hopefully once we hit April 2021 they will push the date forward again to maybe sept 2022 for the vouchers - that is my hope anyway!

Our concerns are the same as others really - quarantine on arrival (not as much of an issue coming home as we can both work from home, but then again the kids wouldn't be allowed at school so not idea!) and having to take a negative test before we go and before we return, not sure on the return price but for a family of 4 (depending on the ages of having to take it!) that's £480 and if it's the same return that is nearly £1k on top of the holiday. I would rather loose the £300 deposit than pay all that for tests! Actually if they don't push it on past April and we decide by July payment deadline not to go due to testing / quarantine still being in place then we will take the voucher and probably just use it for a weekend away to Europe in early 2022 just to save it being wasted money

We are not doing parks as such, just 3 days in Orlando so the boys can go to hollywood studios for the Starwars bit, that is literally it so I am not bothered about masks - I have not booked accommodation yet but need to "just in case" because it seems to be booking up fast, however all but one place (anna maria island!) are bookable on a full refund if cancelled by X date. AMI is the sticking point for us, it's our favorite place to visit but yet to find anywhere that will actually refund deposits (which are quite high!) as they have all said, as it's ok in the USA for travel it's their standard policy, one place said it's case by case and up to the owner if they let you re-schedule the stay.

My main concern is actually that if people are not traveling long haul by Summer then there will be no airlines left to travel UK > Long Haul
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Seeing a lot of refundable on Airbnb at the moment , maybe if you’ve you haven’t tried that yet ?
Airbnb is the only place that I am a little wary of booking through as I have heard SO many horror stories coming out of it, mind you I know the area well as we have been many times so I suppose it would be easier for me to check up on the properties opposed to somewhere that I have never been.

What actually confuses me is on say VBRO (formally homeAway) there are MANY that say "fully refundable if cancelled by X date" but if you read their actual small print it says Deposit wont be refunded... not sure quite how that works!

We are going with family this time, it will be their first time, so it's a bit of a bind as we need 5 Bedrooms and 2 of the bedrooms need to be twins for the kids and we are looking for the north end of the island and we are looking for a decent pool etc and somewhere without having to pay £8k for the property so we have struggled to find something (we have a handful on the short list) I am now moving my search to look for a 2Bed and 3Bed (or 2 x 3 beds) close to each other and see if that helps with the search!
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List