Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jan 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I hate it! I get so bored and hate that feeling of confinement and almost claustrophobia. The flight back is even worse...tired, can’t sleep and no holiday ahead to make it slightly more bearable. My husband loves it, he’s a proper telly addict so loves to indulge in 9 hours of solid tv!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Love the experience from the moment we leave the house up to the point I fall asleep an hour into the flight and miss some of the 9 hours movie watching.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
One tip I was given many years ago by a chap who flew across the Atlantic almost weekly - once home don't go to bed, unpack, do the washing, anything to stay awake. Head to bed from 7pm onwards. Works for us, no jet lag.
Thats great advice Chris

Its what I do - unpack, tidy, laundry, shop, walk just dont sit and watch TV or read or anything where I could drift off then bed nearest my usual time (sometimes pop a melatonin) ND bingo - I do similar on way out, always put my time to destination as soon as I board and sleep as much as I can (after a meal and a drink or 3 (I dont drive ever the other side )). Jet Lag is the thing I always try to avoid ...
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Thats great advice Chris

Its what I do - unpack, tidy, laundry, shop, walk just dont sit and watch TV or read or anything where I could drift off then bed nearest my usual time (sometimes pop a melatonin) ND bingo - I do similar on way out, always put my time to destination as soon as I board and sleep as much as I can (after a meal and a drink or 3 (I dont drive ever the other side )). Jet Lag is the thing I always try to avoid ...
That’s exactly what we do flying west to east. Don’t go to bed until at least 9.30pm.

This thread is making me want to be on holiday now. Nearly as much fun as chucking the bread on the water and watching the usual suspect bite.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
That’s exactly what we do flying west to east. Don’t go to bed until at least 9.30pm.

This thread is making me want to be on holiday now. Nearly as much fun as chucking the bread on the water and watching the usual suspect bite.
Me too Mr TM. I’ve started a few threads lately trying to be positive and lighthearted. Look forward to better times ahead.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
My vacation begins from the moment I lock the front door and we get in the car.

The 5 hr drive to LHR flies by as the excitement mounts, the Trees on the Cornish border, the single position of steering wheel loop down onto the A303, Yeovilton (used to live there), Stonehenge (used to live Amesbury), The Wallop turn off (used to live there) and finally the dumping of the car at Purple parking before checking in to the Bath Rd Prem Inn.

The Prem Inn meal deal
People watching in the atrium over a Pinot.
The morning of flight and the people watching in the Terminal.
The 9 hours flight (or 10 plus to California) passes by fast with the anticipation of arrival, drinkies, airline meal, IFE. I absolutely love it.

As I said at the start. Our vacation begins at key turn!
Do you not have the PI breakfast? That's a highlight for me.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I love the PI breakfast but it’s usually too early for me. If Im up at 6 then it will be 9am by the time I am hungry. Usually in the airport by then and Ive never been impressed with their offerings.

adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Absolutely! Yet another highlight as we prepare to fly.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m not wild about flying but I actually enjoy it as the start of the holiday.
If someone told me I could take that flight now I’d be beside myself!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I’m not wild about flying but I actually enjoy it as the start of the holiday.
If someone told me I could take that flight now I’d be beside myself!
I know what you mean. I hate turbulence but I would gan daft for a bit of turbulence just now