Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jan 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

1. Ramen noodles. Washing up water with bits floating in it. The thought makes me gag.

2. Camping. If I want to be at one with nature I will sit in my garden. There is not a chance ever of me sleeping with the crawlies and sharing a shower block with 100 other people. Just no. Wrapping it us as 'glamping' won't work either.

3. Skiing. Cold, wet and dangerous. Not a relaxing holiday by any stretch (sorry to all the skiing lovers!).
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

1. Dogs/pets in general. I know and respect the fact they become part of people's families but I don't understand why.

2. Beach holidays - too boring, I need to be out sight seeing or at theme parks

3. Home baked gifts from children in my class - I wouldn't eat my own children's cooking when they were small, I certainly won't eat someone elses! (And most parent cooked gifts too, get binned.)
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
1. watching sport, my dh loves watching the Tour and Football, I understand playing the sport but watching others doing it is so boring.

2. Sushi, I love seafood cooked but not raw, I’ve tried it and it tastes of nothing.

3, Spiders or rats as pets, why?
Old 28 Jan 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
1. Gaming- online gaming seems to take up so many hours of people’s free time, but why? I’ve tried it and I can play a game for 30 minutes but that’s enough, I find it boring and repetitive

2. Avocados - they may be healthy but so are many other fruits and vegetables and the others actually taste nice.

3. Exercise. I do see this is very important and I understand I should really do some 😂 but I can’t ever imagine when it would become enjoyable. I’ve tried various forms but they all seem like a chore or are boring or even worse, painful. I really admire people who exercise regularly and know they are sensible and I’m not, but I can’t understand when they say they enjoy it
That’s really interesting, I’m overweight but do enjoy quite a range of different types of exercise.
My favourites are

Horse riding,
Swimming
Walking
Zumba type classes
Gentle Yoga
Spin classes

Walking is one of the best really and obviously free and accessible
Old 28 Jan 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

another vote for cake - just dont get it , dry sickly sweet/sugary or damp dried fruit stodge fests...

"reality" TV - scripted reality ie/ a bunch of airheads pretending to have a great life whilst wearing too much makeup / skinny jeans / no socks... ≈≈≈.. or arguing the toss in too much make up / skinny jeans / no socks

Tattoos - once the realm of sailors, criminals and hard blokes... now to not be 'inked' is the minority... cant imagine anything id want drawn on my permanently & dont get me started on your kids name(s) etc... and another thing its ###tin hat on### 10 times worse on ladies / young lasses...

imo of course
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
That’s really interesting, I’m overweight but do enjoy quite a range of different types of exercise.
My favourites are

Horse riding,
Swimming
Walking
Zumba type classes
Gentle Yoga
Spin classes

Walking is one of the best really and obviously free and accessible
I do enjoy walking but I can’t say I do it for exercise really, just enjoy going out walking occasionally

Other than that, I just can’t say anything appeals. I really wish I could stick at something as, obviously, I do know it’s good for me.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
1. Food programs
2. Near enough every tv programme will show half the program at the start and here what coming up WHY! Let me be surprised not know at the start.

3. Football why show some football programs on sky one you got sky sports for that and why have the same match on 2 hannels sometimes you got premier channel and sky football.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Awww, Can I only have 3?

Handbags, shoes, and current high fashion brand names, like Pandora etc.

Any kind of reality TV show and the 'celebrities' they create, and that's including any of the dancing, singing, cooking programmes

I like some kinds of alcohol - but beer, lager, Prosecco, yeuch!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Cheese-I can eat cooked cheese on a pizza or in a sauce but ‘raw’ cheese... no thank you.
Biscuits-shop bought manufactured biscuits, such as digestives, custard creams etc. I just don’t get it and never eat them. I quite like some home-made biscuits though.
Cinema-I can’t be bothered with the effort of heading out to watch a film. Going to see a live show or to the theatre is different but I would almost always wait until a film I wanted to see is available at home.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Harryporker
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
another vote for cake - just dont get it , dry sickly sweet/sugary or damp dried fruit stodge fests...

"reality" TV - scripted reality ie/ a bunch of airheads pretending to have a great life whilst wearing too much makeup / skinny jeans / no socks... ≈≈≈.. or arguing the toss in too much make up / skinny jeans / no socks

Tattoos - once the realm of sailors, criminals and hard blokes... now to not be 'inked' is the minority... cant imagine anything id want drawn on my permanently & dont get me started on your kids name(s) etc... and another thing its ###tin hat on### 10 times worse on ladies / young lasses...

imo of course
Definitely agree with the reality TV, people with no talent becoming famous for no good reason, I really don't get it.
Harryporker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List