Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jan 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Sounds snobby but I am not prepared to travel less than premium, nor am I prepared to go indirect to a single destination.

We mostly use airmiles, unless we get good prices in the sales so prices are cheap for us anyway and always have enough for either premium or upper. - would I pay extra out of pocket to get what I want, yes I would but would judge what I think is reasonable at the time.

I have in the past been happy to pay for seat allocation and would do so still if required, but we don't to due to being included.

Not fussed about airports although through choice I prefer Heathrow, don't know why I just like the feel of it, but happy to fly out of anywhere - we have to travel the same distance to all major airports anyway. OH does not particularly like Manchester but would go from there if it meant we got our preference in flights.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
Are you a ‘whatever is the cheapest’ person?
Or would you pay extra to go to/from a particular airport?
What if indirect would be cheaper - would you do it?

Or do you splash the £££s for upgrades?

Would you pay an extra...
£300pp return for TUI premium club?
£450pp return for Virgin PE
Or what about really pushing the boat out...
£1250pp extra for Virgin Upper both ways.

All real life examples...
As I regard Tui premium as streets ahead of PE this is a no brainier to me.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
As I regard Tui premium as streets ahead of PE this is a no brainier to me.
Yeah I thought that too. Maybe not streets ahead but better. The legroom was way better and Im a big lad so that’s important. I remember the TUI food being great but the IFE being poor compared to my previous flight on Virgin

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

We go for the cheapest airline, not much loyalty here though it does tend to be BA as we travel from London airports in school holidays.

We will pay for upgrades if prices are reasonable and the older we’re getting the more we prefer to travel in comfort.

Usually works well for us to book premium and then watch for offers to upgrade to club.

Much prefer club for coming home as it gives us the chance to sleep.

Edited at 03:36 PM.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lumpy
slightly serious Dibber

If its short haul I am happy to go in the cheap seats however long haul I will do premium if no other choice but normally business class. I suffer from severe migraines when I fly and in economy can't take my medication due to DHT risk as it is a vascular constrictor. But these I like my comfort and can afford the upgrade without having to cut back in any other areas so I see no point in being uncomfortable and in pain for 9-12 hours when I can be in less pain and comfortable.
My gran however had pots of money but would never pay for an upgrade and always flew economy even when she was flying longhaul in her 80s.
Lumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
For us, we will only fly direct - so that normally means Manchester or London (we’re in the Midlands). I will shop around for prices, but for the past 6 years, BA have been the cheapest, especially with car hire, and always a low deposit. We go economy. We did fly PE twice, but to be honest, didn’t see the value in it - we found the seats restrictive, as the arm rests were fixed. Would love to try UC, but with 4 of us, can’t see that happening unless we win the lottery.

We also look at flying into Tampa or Miami to keep costs down, and will drive to Orlando the following morning (usually use Tesco clubcard vouchers to pay for the hotel). My general price aim for August is sub £2800 for flights and car.
Old 28 Jan 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Are you a ‘whatever is the cheapest’ person?
Or would you pay extra to go to/from a particular airport?
What if indirect would be cheaper - would you do it?

Or do you splash the £££s for upgrades?

Would you pay an extra...
£300pp return for TUI premium club?
£450pp return for Virgin PE
Or what about really pushing the boat out...
£1250pp extra for Virgin Upper both ways.

All real life examples...
I am not a "whatever is cheapest" person. I used to be within reason, but have got to the point that I go with what I want when I can.
I will not do two or more stops. And will now use business class as we have always been able to get good prices or use points.
Target is to die penniless.

Edited at 04:23 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

TUI fly direct NCL - SFB but its usually pocket crippling
yes only flew that once and to be honest we didnt pay...

should add for us 1 stop max for indirect
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
For us it is direct flights only from Newcastle with Tui. Would not consider going to another airport as it takes too long to get there and travel back. You don’t save that much either in my opinion. We would never go indirect again as our first and last time we did it was horrible with a capital H

Would I pay for and upgrade to UC, your darn tooting I would if I could afford it but there always seems to be other things I could use the money on especially when paying for a family.
Old 28 Jan 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

I can’t bear the idea of indirect so I’m happy to fly from an airport further away or land at an airport slightly further away to get a reasonable price. The extra driving at each end would cause me less stress than an indirect flight.

As for upgrading, I’ve no interest in upper/business at all but would enjoy premium economy I think. However, it’s never within any price difference I consider worth it.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List