Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jan 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Just did ours, I was expecting it to be approved straight away so it was a fraught 30 minutes wondering why it hadn't! Didn't realise it was different now.

We didn't have our middle names on ours in 2019 and travelled no problems, just had to do a new one so did put them on this time. Only did the mandatory fields.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

I commented on a previous post in regards to the middle name as I had missed it on my new ESTA and said that I wasn't going to worry...

However I ended up doing a fresh application with my middle name as it is on my passport.. it's not worth putting a holiday costing a few thousand at possible risk over £10.

To be honest though... the ESTA process when you get to entering your name isn't great, I mean... who goes out of their way to hover over the information box. It clearly says First Given Name and not First Given Name Including Middle Name...
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake

Edited at 05:07 PM.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes the whole thing is ridiculous, extremely frustrating having to re-enter all the same information 4 times too.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Look at the money someone has made by all the panicking resubmissions, those only a tenners add up!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

I did mine and ds again yesterday after doing them a few weeks ago and missing out our middle names.I think it was worth $28 dollars to stop me worrying about it for 7 months! I do agree it’s not very clear until you read the black box which I obviously didn’t do last time 😳
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by itsmeGAV View Post
I commented on a previous post in regards to the middle name as I had missed it on my new ESTA and said that I wasn't going to worry...

However I ended up doing a fresh application with my middle name as it is on my passport.. it's not worth putting a holiday costing a few thousand at possible risk over £10.

To be honest though... the ESTA process when you get to entering your name isn't great, I mean... who goes out of their way to hover over the information box. It clearly says First Given Name and not First Given Name Including Middle Name...
I did ours this week and I thought the instruction was Given name as stated on your passport?
I might be wrong, but I put my middle name in any and all good.
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

There’s a post on Tripadvisor forums from a man who says he was denied boarding by the airline because his ESTA did not have a middle name and his passport did. Of course you can’t be 100% that posts are true on a forum but it’s the first time I’d heard of someone having an issue. My mother is travelling with us this summer and her ESTA would have been in date for her arrival into the US but we’re entering by land from Canada and then doing a cruise and for the sake of a tenner I’m not risking someone finding a issue even though the middle name wasn’t mandatory when she did hers.

I think redoing is a pain and no one wants to throw out another tenner but after reading that man’s post I’d always side with redo it because showing up and not being allowed on the plane is just a total sickener after all the planning and plotting and spending we do here.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List