Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jan 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Avois points - use for flight

What is the timescale please. Looking for flight beg October. Six months? I cannot remember
Thank you 😊
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What do you mean by timescale? Generally you can book from day of release which is 355 days in advance. You can also use them for part payment of cash fares again with similar time frame for release.

For example if you are looking for travel on 1st October 2020 then these would have been released about 11 or 12 October 2019.

Edited at 10:51 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Oh really is it that far ahead for some reason I thought 3/6 months ahead

Does it make difference though if American Airlines not BA?

Did it before
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

I booked an AA flight with Avios for Aug 2020 in October 2019. The I rang up and booked an Aer Lingus Avios flight from NYC-Dub for Sept 2020 in Nov 2019 so as far as I’m aware it’s about a year before.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
I booked an AA flight with Avios for Aug 2020 in October 2019. The I rang up and booked an Aer Lingus Avios flight from NYC-Dub for Sept 2020 in Nov 2019 so as far as I’m aware it’s about a year before.
Oh drat 🤣 Thank you 😊
Old 22 Jan 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sussex Bantam
Trading Disney Pins

BA release 4 economy seats and 2 business class seats on each flight at the point they become bookable - which is 355 days prior.

Occasionally they release more seats - this can be on the day or later on during the year.

If you don't get them in the initial wave then they can be very hard to find but I used a tool rewardflightfinder/ which checks for you and sends an email notification when/if seats become available. Helped me get my family all together on our Miami flights for later this year.
Sussex Bantam is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sussex Bantam View Post
BA release 4 economy seats and 2 business class seats on each flight at the point they become bookable - which is 355 days prior.

Occasionally they release more seats - this can be on the day or later on during the year.

If you don't get them in the initial wave then they can be very hard to find but I used a tool rewardflightfinder/ which checks for you and sends an email notification when/if seats become available. Helped me get my family all together on our Miami flights for later this year.
Oh that’s a fab link thank you 😊
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eeyorefanuk View Post
Oh that’s a fab link thank you 😊
You can set up an alert on this site to get emailed if reward seats are released on the flights you want.

This is free & they’ll check once a day for you.

However, if really important that you get emailed as soon as they’re released & hopefully beat others who want them, they offer the option of a £3 per month fee & they’ll check hourly for you.

Excellent site; got us our reward flights!
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
There is also a useful availability finder on the BA website, once you have logged in to your Exec Club.

It also allows you to select up to three destinations, so you can check for flights from London (enter LON for London-All Airports so will show bothe LHR and LGW), then Orlando, Tampa and Miami. You can also select a full month (October 2020) to show all availability (see image below), including One World partners.

You can then see all flights over all classes of travel for the number of passengers you have selected:

Then simply click on your outbound and return flights to see what is available.

HTH.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tonymc View Post
There is also a useful availability finder on the BA website, once you have logged in to your Exec Club.

It also allows you to select up to three destinations, so you can check for flights from London (enter LON for London-All Airports so will show bothe LHR and LGW), then Orlando, Tampa and Miami. You can also select a full month (October 2020) to show all availability (see image below), including One World partners.

You can then see all flights over all classes of travel for the number of passengers you have selected:

Then simply click on your outbound and return flights to see what is available.

HTH.
Thank you so much