Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jan 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile Easter or early July 2021? Opinions welcome!

On our first (and supposedly only) trip to Florida last year we went during the Easter holidays, but this fell before the actual Easter weekend. Didn’t find the crowds too bad and managed just to get free dining by checking in on the last date before the blocked out period for Easter.

We’re now in early stages of planning to go again in 2021 and can’t decide between Easter or the beginning of July (tied to Scottish school holidays). October is a no go due to school.

Some thoughts so far...
- Easter weather was great for us
- Easter weekend will be at the start of the holidays next year, rather than the end, so will it be much busier?
- my husband is really worried about heat in July, I’m more worried about storms! Last year we tended to do parks in morning, chill in afternoon, parks in evening.
- I don’t think we’d get free dining due to when Easter w/e falls, but maybe would in early July
- wondering how much more of Epcot might be finished in July - son is a huge guardians of the galaxy film fan
- early July means 4th of July w/e.

We’re planning on Disney on site, possibly a few days off site to chill and do some non park stuff, then a couple of nights at Universal hotel.

Any comments, suggestions or other things to think about would be most welcome!

TIA
Gbnomore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishdancer86
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

Interested to
Hear some feedback on this as had a few similiar queries!
Irishdancer86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

We have been Easter and July a few times.

My choice for weather is definitely Easter as July is hot, humid & usually wet. That said we've had a couple of Julys where we had barely any rain...I guess you can't guarantee how much rain you'll get but high temperatures are a definite. We have always found Easter too busy... my husband loves the parks but last time we went in 2018 even he hit the point where it felt impossible to even enjoy the atmosphere as there were that many people around.

July brings tour groups which can be a pain as there can be huge groups of teenagers wandering around, they are harmless...but can get noisy!

I suppose with careful planning both those times of year can be enjoyed however they will be busy. We would always choose July over Easter though.
Old 26 Jan 20, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizz
Getting Excited

We’ve been having the same discussion but have settled on July as we can have more flexibility on dates/durations.
I know weather will be hotter and more humid, storms etc but figure we can have more downtime if needed.
We can’t leave til 10th July at earliest so will miss 4th July craziness.
Wizz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We were in a similar dilemma for this year’s holiday. Like you, it had to be Easter or summer to fit in with school. I was torn between lower crowds but hotter wetter weather in late August and better weather but busier at Easter. In the end, the free dining decided it for me as we wouldn’t have got it for Easter and we really want to do lots of character meals etc. Maybe wait and see what comes up when free dining is released?
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Thanks all. Food for thought! Free dining will be a factor to think about. If we opt for July, we could go after the 4th July weekend.
Gbnomore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List