VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 6, Hollywood Studios, the Boardwalk&Trattoria al Forno

The Land Sea and Wedding Trip Oct 2015 - Day 6, Hollywood Studios, the Boardwalk and Trattoria al Forno

The previous day is HERE.

Friday 16th October 2015

Phil and I were awake early this morning, just before 7am, as Phil was leaving early to do the Keys To The Kingdom tour with Dan and Dave. They had bought this for him as a thank you for all the photography stuff he had done, and would be doing at home, for them. He had some breakfast and then left with Dan and Dave in their car. Their tour was at 8.30am so they left quite early.

Madison was up not long after we were and Kaley woke at 7.30am. We all got dressed, suncreamed, ready, breakfasted, etc. and were leaving with Mum, Dad, Ryan, Bethany and Piper at 8.35am to go to Hollywood Studios. Mum drove us in our car so that it was there for us to come home in. I can drive and was on the insurance but have never driven in the US before and Mum was happy to drive so I was happy to be a passenger!

We were driving through the car park at 8.50am but had a bit of a faff to park. We had come in through a smaller entrance, rather than the main entrance, and it was really busy. We crawled all along the edge of the Stage area where we were to park as the traffic was moving so slowly. It seemed very disorganised, the cars coming in from I presume the main entrance weren't being stopped at all to let us go and seemed to be going past the parking area too, so I'm really not sure what was going on. This was also the only time there were no staff directing cars to the parking spaces, which made things go slower too.

Finally parked in Stage 47, Madison, Mum and Dad waited for the tram and the rest of us walked to the entrance. We arrived at bag check at pretty much the same time and were in quite quickly. Madison, Kaley and I had some PP pictures

I know many people didn't like the Hat but I found it strange not seeing it there.

Mum and Dad went for a coffee, I think, and the girls and I went with Ryan, Bethany and Piper to the Animation Courtyard

We were going to the first 9.40am showing of the Disney Junior Live on Stage Show. We saw Minnie Mouse and Jake walk past us as we were in the line waiting, I think they were going to their meet and greet locations.

We didn't have to wait long before we were let in and we sat in our usual spot at the edge of the middle section, right at the back. They all really enjoyed this

They liked collecting the Gold Dabloons too. We brought some home with us for when I get round to doing my scrapbook.

While we were in here, Mum and Dad had gone to the Trolley Car Café for a Starbucks

Mum bought my Starbucks mug for me along with buying hers. She used their DVC discount again so these were $29.90 for 2 mugs and the discount was $2.99. Subtotal was $26.91, tax $1.75, making the total to pay $28.66.

Here is a picture of all four mugs

We met Mum and Dad outside and they had found Michelle and her family. We talked for a bit before going to Pixar Place to use our 9.35-10.35am FPs for Toy Story Mania. I was so excited to go on this having not gone on in 2013.

I went with Madison (in the alien car) and Kaley went with Mum. Mum ended up helping Kaley rather than playing on her own so she got a score of 70,200. These were mine and Madison's scores

I was mean, I didn't help Madison! We all loved this and had so much fun. For me, it's definitely worth the hype.

I tried to get some nice photos of Madison and Kaley but they were being a bit crazy!

We had Frozen Sing Along FPs between 10.35 and 10.50am, for the 11am show, so we went there next. We had a bit of a wait to get in as we were there near to the start of our FP window but we did end up with very central seats, quite close to the front of the stage.

I absolutely loved this! I know many aren't fussed with it but I really, really enjoyed it. Our storytellers were Aria and Eric (I don’t know if they are all called that or if that was their real names) but they were excellent, so funny and bounced off each other so well.

I recorded the whole show, alternating between the actual show and the girls singing along and their reactions. Typically, the battery started to go near the end but my Dad has the same video camera so he was able to switch the battery for me and I only missed about a minute of the show.

I would definitely go and see this again, if only so that I could sing along as I didn't this time because I was recording and didn't want my voice to be heard on it!

When this had finished, Mum and Dad came with us to watch the 12 noon Beauty and the Beast show

We were seated in the FP seating area so we were really central. Unfortunately, we had some rather tall people sat in front of us so we spent a lot of the show shuffling about trying to get a better view.

We loved this as always. It was Kaley's first time seeing it and she loved this too. We went to have some lunch next. I was gutted as Rosie's All American Café was closed. I was really looking forward to their burgers. We had to go to Fairfax Fare instead. Dad and Kaley found us some seats in the covered seating area whilst Mum, Madison and I got our food. This was the menu

We had a bottled water ($2.75), a regular diet coke ($2.99), two Bacon Cheeseburgers with crisps ($9.99 each) and two vanilla cakes ($2.99 each). This should have cost $31.70 plus tax but we used two counter service credits.

This wasn't very good. The burger was quite dry and I was really disappointed that it came with crisps rather than fries. Madison asked for some mayo to put on her burger which did make it a bit better. I wasn't keen on the pudding either. I don't think I will be returning to Fairfax Fare anytime soon.

Once we had finished, we took a slow walk across the park to Writers Stop. Very rubbish, I took no photos in here, sorry. I got a carrot cake cookie ($3.99), two Mickey red shorts shortbread cookies ($3.99 each) and a chocolate chip muffin ($3.29). This should have cost $15.26 plus tax but I used 4 snack credits.

We had a FP for Muppet Vision 3D at 12.30-1.30pm. We went there and it was a 5 minute wait so we didn't bother with the FP.

Waiting to get into the pre-show and then the actual pre-show seemed to take quite a while. I think we had arrived a couple of minutes before the end of our FP window and I noted down that it was 1.50pm when we actually took our seats so over 20 minutes to get in and through the pre-show.

This was ok. It's a ride ticked off the list that we won't have to go on again. We stopped for a photo at the fountain

Then we said goodbye to Mum and Dad and went for a little wander. It was horrible seeing the Osborne lights up and knowing we wouldn't get to see them in action again.

We knew the KTTK tour finished at 1.30pm so had made FPs at Tower of Terror for Dan, Dave and Phil at 1.45-2.45pm. We had arranged to meet there at 2.15pm so we went back in that direction, stopping for some more photos on our way

Continued in next post

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 10:03 AM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List