VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Another Birthday Trip, Oct 2019 - Day 11, Moving Day, Epcot, Disney Springs and BJ's Brewhouse

The previous day is HERE.

Sunday 13 October 2019

We woke with the alarm this morning at 6am. It was time to check out of POR and move to the house for the last four nights.

We all got up and had showers and got dressed. Whilst I was packing our last bits, Phil, Madison and Kaley started taking what was ready out to the car. This took them a few trips and I was soon finished. Madison, Kaley and I took the last of the stuff to the car while Phil took photos of the room and filmed it.

A closeup of the scroll letter on the table

The car was all packed up and we were ready to go at 7.49am. We had loved staying at POR. The resort is beautiful and the facilities/amenities were really good. I had been concerned about the four of us being in one room after being used to two-bed villas on our last few on site stays but it was fine. Most days were busy so when we got back, and it was time for the girls to go to bed, they were tired anyway so fell asleep quickly. I did like how compact POFQ was, though prefer the look of POR, and said that I would consider staying there on another trip. The girls really liked their pool too.

We had no charges to settle on our account so left to take our stuff to the house. We got there just after 8am, it was quicker this time being able to drive through the residents lane and not having a detour to follow.

The others had left us space on the drive again so we unloaded all of stuff and just dumped it in our rooms. We chatted with everyone for a bit then left at 8.25am. We stopped at the Walmart on the junction with Old Lake Wilson Road for petrol. I went inside and pre-paid $30 (for 13.049 gallons, I made note ) and this took it to just below full.

We drove down Sherberth Road to go to Epcot. It was busy driving in as it was just before park opening. We parked in Journey 7. It was busy and took us 20 minutes to get through bag check.

As we walked in, we could see that Pluto was out and the line wasn't too long so we joined it at 9.25am. We didn't have to wait long until it was our turn

Hugs

Signing their autograph books

Posing for pics

This hadn't taken long and he was really fun and playful. We walked through and had a look in Art of Disney

I love this shop.

We stopped for a few pictures on our way towards Test Track

Test Track was still down so we couldn't go on it. The monorail went past

So Phil said he wanted to stop and get pictures of the next one when it went past. I took some photos with the other camera while he was waiting with the big camera for the next monorail to come

Trying an arty shot

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 02:54 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

More photos

I've only just noticed the monorail in the background on this one, I'm not sure when I got this as it was the blue monorail that went round when Phil was waiting.

Me taking a photo of Phil taking a photo

Phil was happy with the pictures he had taken so we carried on towards World Showcase, stopping first for some PP pics

We stopped just inside WS for Madison and Kaley to have some of the mini chocolate chip cookies we had from our 'drink' when eating at POR and using a QS credit.

Having snacks like this and bars we brought with us are why we still had so many snack credits to use today!

We headed left towards Norway as we had a FP for Frozen Ever After, taking more photos on our way

It was such a fantastic day again

Our FP was from 10.05pm and we tapped in at 10.17am

On the boat ready to go

And ride phot, which you can see shows that Kaley loved it

This was a fun ride, I think I only did Maelstrom once on our first or second trip in 2000 or 2001, so it was good to go on again with the new theme. We were done on this just before 10.30 so really quick from when we tapped in.

We couldn't go any further past Norway as WS wasn't yet open so we went back the way we had came to go round WS from the other direction when it opened. As we had a bit of time, we stopped at the area in between the two shops on either side of where WS meets FW to take some photos

I saw the menu board for Shimmering Sips and knew there was something Phil, Madison and Kaley would like so I went over whilst they found a spot to sit in the shade

I got three Shimmering Strawberry Soft Serve ice creams, served in a waffle cone. These were $5.25 each and I used a QS credit for them.

They all really liked these and were well received with it being so hot already.

I had checked the times guide and Belle was due in France at 11am so we fast walked there and were first in line for her at 10.54am.

France

Still stopped gondolas

Kaley finishing her ice cream

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults

Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

At 11am, we saw Belle walking round and she came over to Madison and Kaley and took them to the meet area, chatting and signing their autograph books

Posing for photos

Saying goodbye

She was a lot of fun and was very chatty with the girls.

We carried on walking around WS Phil taking pictures and us stopping for some too.

It was so bright again today. When I was going through the photos, before each of these next two was loads with our eyes closed as we were keeping them closed until Phil said to open them

Back near Italy, where we had watched Epcot Forever just to the left of this

We were soon back at Norway. Phil, Madison and Kaley had a look at the model village

While I went to Karamell Kuche to use some more QS credits. I got three of the large bags of popcorn ($7.25 I think), a caramel roll with marshmallow cream ($4.59), a caramel s'more ($4.49) and a caramel butter bar ($4.49)

I love the stuff from here and thinking back, probably should have used more credits here. I didn't write the total amount down but I used two QS credits.

We walked back the way we had come until we got to the UK

We wanted to get some fish and chips so went to Yorkshire County Fish Shop

The menu board

Madison and I went to order and collect the food while Phil and Kaley found a table. It was really busy and it was so very, very hot. Thankfully they managed to grab a table that was partly in the shade.

We got two Fish and Chips, two strips of fish served with chips, $11.49 each, a Sprite and a Diet Coke ($3.99 each), a total of $32.98 including tax, and we used two QS credits

This tasted really good and we easily finished it between us. It was unbearably hot though, and it made it a not very nice eating experience. As soon as we had finished we went to find some better shade

We were right near a Joffrey's stand, before Canada, so I went over as we had quickly got through our drinks with lunch and were still so hot. The drink options

I got the non-alcoholic Frozen Strawberry-Lemonade, $5.69

An Iced Chai Latte, $5.09

And one of the giant pink donuts

I didn't make a note of the price of the donut but the total was $16.80, and I used one QS credit. The donut was ok, I don't recall if we ate it all. We loved the drinks, especially the strawberry lemonade one. They were so tasty and refreshing and just what we needed.

We were sat in a shaded area near here, sort of off the path, where they had these wooden shapes Kaley was having fun looking at

It was nice to have a rest in the shade with how hot it was. Being so close to Canada, and having so many credits still to use, I couldn't not get another 'Le Cellier' Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon, served with truffle-butter sauce, $8.25

This was so good, this alone is one of the reasons I love going when F&W is on. I just got the one of these so used a snack credit.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 19 Feb 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We had done what we wanted to do in Epcot so decided to head out

We stopped for some last PP pics on the way out

And one last photo

We were back in the (very hot) car and on our way to Disney Springs just after 12.40pm. As we got there, the signs were saying that the Lime garage was full but we decided to try anyway. There were spaces when we drove in and we parked on level 3, row 4. We went to World of Disney first, to have a look round

Trying on hats

Looking at more Christmas decorations

We looked at the t-shirts, I liked these ones

I don't know why I didn't buy the last two, I say both all the time!

We went back outside and took some photos on our way to Wolfgang Puck Express

Dan and Bethany were here with the kids, they were already eating so we couldn't get their food for them. We arranged to meet them at World of Disney when they had finished and we went to Goofy's Candy Shop, where we used one QS credit to get three bags of sweets. The total including tax was $20.10.

We went to Once Upon a Toy where each of the girls got a Rubiks Cube, $17.99 each, Madison got the same colouring book Kaley had bought the day before and we got the DS reuseable shopping bag, $2.00

We went to Earl of Sandwich to get some food to have for lunch tomorrow but the line was huge and we didn't really have time to wait so left it.

We had a look in Marketplace Co-Op, then Dan texted to say they had finished so we went to World of Disney to meet them outside. We went straight over to Ghirardelli's to use some QS credits. I don't remember exactly how it works in here but I think they give a value to each snack/QS credit. They had the huge 80 count bags of squares (at the top of the picture below) on 3 for 2 and you could still get this offer using credits so we got 3 bags of the peppermint bark, $29.95 each, plus a milk chocolate fudge caramel bar, $3.95, and a bag of green mini's (a delicious mint flavour), $6.50. The total before the offer was $100.30, with the offer was $74.92 and we used four QS credits.

The huge bags weren't just for us, they were for Dan, Bethany and Mum too.

We went next door to Ghirardelli Soda Fountain to get some ice cream next. It was busy in here and took us a while to be served and get the ice creams. You can have one scoop as a snack credit here. Phil, Dan and Bethany had cookies and cream, Madison and Piper had mint choc chip and I had cookie dough. Kaley didn't want one and they were too big for Cody so he shared with Bethany and Piper. They were $5.95 each, the total was $35.70 and we used two QS credits.

We sat and watched the performers on stage while we ate them. When we had finished, we all went back to World of Disney as Madison wanted to get the Aqua Loungefly backpack and Dan had said she would use her DVC discount for her. The backpack was $90, the discount took $18 off. With the tax added, the total was $76.68.

I tried to get some of the Goofy's Candy Co items using snack credits but they're not able to do this in here.

Dan, Bethany and the kids were going to pick up Dave and Ryan (they had been golfing) so we said we would see them soon and went to Arribas Bros to order a personalised photo frame to collect on Thursday.

From here, Phil and Kaley went back to Marketplace Co-Op as Phil had seen some postcards that he wanted to buy (which we have framed and put up at home) and Madison and I went to Goofy's Candy Co to use up the last of the QS credits.

We got bags of sweets, boxes of shortbread, chocolate coins and packs of mints

We used our last 5 QS credits and the cost for all the sweets was $90.48. I used three snack credits to get bottles of Diet Coke and Sprite, $13.49.

We still had snack credits to use and you could get Goofy's Glaciers with them

So Madison and Kaley each had a Gwarshly Berry Blue, $4.99 each, two snack credits used

They liked these and of course, left them with very blue tongues!

Madison and I went back to Ghirardelli's

To use 5 more snack credits on various bars and bags of chocolates, along with some sachets of hot chocolate and mini bars to make the value up

A couple of these bars are what I got earlier on, with the giant bags.

Close up of the Holiday assortment

Again, what you could get was a monetary value per snack credit. As I said, I used 5 snack credits and the cost would have been $32.50.

We had two snack credits left. I had seen a booth selling Dole Whips so had saved them to go and get one.

I got a Dole Whip Pineapple Float, $5.99 and a Minute Maid Frozen Raspberry Lemonade Slushy, $4.99, using the last two snack credits

These were really good and I was glad we got them.

In the end, I was disappointed with how we used the last credits, especially the ones in Goofy's. I wish we had gotten to DS early enough to get Dan and Bethany's lunch and that Earl of Sandwich hadn't been so busy. As we were going out for dinner and needed to go home first, we also didn't have a lot of time so were really rushing. Never mind, if there is a next time we will know and try not to be cautious at using the credits.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 19 Feb 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Having used up all the credits, and needing to get a move on, we went back to the car and were on our way home at 3.30pm. The drive back was easy enough and really quick, though the residents lane was closed when we got to the entrance to Windsor Hills so it took us a bit longer to go through the security gate.

We were back at the house about 3.50pm and we managed to get the stuff we needed for the next few days unpacked.

We had quick showers and got changed, and the others all came back so they quickly did the same.

I went through all the gifts and bits that we had brought with us from home for Michelle and Jamie (pics later as I didn't take photos at this point) and bagged it all ready to take.

We were all ready to go just before 5pm, a bit later than we had wanted to leave. There was quite a bit of standstill traffic on the I4 so took us longer to get to get to BJ's Brewhouse than it usually would. We got there just before 5.20pm and were all seated over two tables

Part of the menu

Our drink orders were taken quickly and they were soon brought to us and our food order taken. Once we had done this, we decided to give Michelle and Jamie their pre-wedding presents.

Photo of Madison and Sydney first

For some of the bits, I used the same boxes I had used to put Madison and Kaley's birthday money in.

They had some prosecco and plastic champagne flutes

A box of Lindt Lindor chocolates

A personalised Christmas decoration from Etsy

Some Just Married badges, two saying Michelle and Jamie and three saying Mummy and Daddy, from Fairytale Sparkle, some Bride Tribe antibacs from BaBW, and a personalised mirror, make up bag and tote bag for Michelle to use on the wedding day, again from Etsy

They really liked all of these and were really happy with it all.

I had also put together a survival kit for them, the same as I had done for Dan and Dave's wedding four years before

This has some entirely useful items in, along with some which are entirely useless and are just for fun

You can see some of them on the table here. They all have a little note attached, explaining what each item is for (it's part of the fun of the survival kit ). I don't have close ups but do have the list from when I put it together, along with what each note is

Haribo rings x 2 ~~ Back ups in case of a Best Man error
Small packs of Haribo ~~ To give to the kids to keep them quiet
Tissues ~~ Because you always need tissues
Wedding Vows typed on card ~~ Read, practise, learn, memorise. If in doubt, just remember your names and I DO
Kalms ~~ To settle nerves
Bottle of Jack Daniels ~~ To settle nerves if the Kalms don't work
Small pack of jokes ~~ To make you laugh and look happy in photos
Toy phone ~~ In case you need to call someone and your battery runs out - also doubles as a camera in case of photographer error
Mini toy cake ~~ In case of cake disasters
Cereal bar ~~ Eat early to keep up strength for the day
More tissues ~~ 'Cos Mum never has enough tissues
Baby wipes ~~ Sticky daughters, son, nieces and nephews and pretty dresses do not mix well
Suncream ~~ Red is not a good look
Confetti ~~ To throw around the room while bouncing on the bed shouting 'we're getting married'
Bubbles ~~ For us to use when you are fed up of saying 'cheese'. May also work on stroppy nieces and nephews
Ludo game ~~ To keep the kids occupied when needed
More tissues ~~ In case we run out
Lint roller ~~ To keep pretty clothes clean

And the different jokes

How do you catch a squirrel?
Climb a tree and act like a nut.
What goes up and down but does not move?
Stairs.
Where should a 500 pound alien go?
On a diet.
What did one wall say to the other?
I'll meet you at the corner.
What do you call a boy named Lee that nobody talks to?
Lonely.
Why do bicycles fall over?
Because they are two-tired.
What did one elevator say to the other elevator?
I think I'm coming down with something.
Why can't your nose be 12 inches long?
Because then it would be a foot.
Why do you go to bed every night?
Because the bed won't come to you.
Why did the banana go to the doctors?
It wasn't peeling well.
What's brown and sticky?
A stick.
What do you call a donkey with one leg?
A wonkey.

They really liked this and it made them laugh, which is the whole point.

We had also got them a card from the kids, which I had found on Etsy but asked for it to be changed as the swear word wasn't appropriate!

We had it changed to say About Time Mummy and Daddy.

We had also got the kids a little gift for Michelle, from them, also from Etsy. This picture is rubbish, I forgot to take one so have just got this image from the Internet

It was a little box, barely big enough to fit a bracelet in. I had spent ages trying to find something to fit in with Old, New, Borrowed and Blue and finally found this. In it was (from the description of the item): a silver sixpence; a horseshoe (both presented in a grey gift bag) and a blue miniature letter. A silver metal magnifying glass is also included to read the miniature letter. Your personalised Gift for the Bride arrives in a Little Letter Wedding Box.

The standard wording at the top of the little letter is:

Something Old - a silver sixpence for your shoe.
Something New - a horseshoe, to bring you luck when you say “I do”.
Something Borrowed - advice, never promise when happy, never answer when angry, never make a decision when sad.
Something Blue, a little letter just for you.

There was then space at the bottom to add a personal message so we added:

To Mummy
We're really lucky in many ways
Like being able to share your wedding day.
The memories will be special & stay with us for life.
The day our lucky Daddy took our Mummy as his wife.
We wish you lots of love & laughter
For your very own, Happy ever after.
Love Sydney, Kori & Saxon

The kids didn't give them these now; my Mum had them and took them over with her on the morning of the wedding day so the kids could write the card and give Michelle the gift themselves.

Anyway, back to dinner, we didn't have starters so it didn't take long for the food to come.

Kaley had boneless wings with root beer barbecue sauce and ranch with fries, $6.50 (kids drink included in the price)

This was really good and she enjoyed it.

Madison had a taco with chicken tenders and fries, $6.50 (kids drink included in the price)

She really enjoyed this and ate it all.

Phil had EXXXXtra Hot Buffalo Boneless Wings with Buffalo Sauce from the appetizer menu as his main $11.95, with a side of fries, $3.25

He loved this and easily ate it all. He loves hot wings and really enjoyed these.

I had the Parmesan-Crusted Chicken; chicken breasts, lemon chardonnay butter sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, parmesan cheese, white cheddar mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, $17.95

This was delicious, it was all so tasty but a very substantial portion so I couldn't eat it all… I say that, it was mostly broccoli that I left!

Despite loving the Pizookie's here, Phil, Kaley and I were too full to have one. Madison wasn't so she had a sugar cookie Pizookie and vanilla ice cream

I can't see this on the receipt so it was either included with the kids meal or we weren't charged for it. She loved this and managed to eat most of it.

Our share of the bill was $55.86 and the tip $8.38. We all really enjoyed our food here, it is one of our favourites and the prices are very reasonable.

We spent some more time talking before getting ready to go.

I'm not sure what time we left but we were back at the house a bit after 8pm. The kids all played for a bit before they went to bed. We all stayed up talking for ages and just enjoying all being in the same place. With all staying in different hotels and not in the two-beds like we have before, we had not had any down time together, so it was really good fun.

We went to bed at 11.45pm.

My steps for today - 20,170
Phil's steps for today - 19,370

Next up, Kennedy Space Center and Hard Rock Cafe is HERE

TODAY'S DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 17 Counter Service used and 16 Snack Credit used.

OVERALL DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 80/80 Counter Service used and 80/80 Snack Credits used.

DINING PLAN CREDITS REMAINING - 0 Counter Service and 0 Snack Credits.

Edited at 03:12 PM.
Old 19 Feb 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Busy but great day with lots done

Joan