Notices

Old 2 Jan 17, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Once more...with wrestling! March 2017 pre trip Update 18/02

Hello! You may know me from previous pre trips(that never get finished) or from my 2 food reports...all in my sig!

Introductions

I'm Debbie and i'm 26, I work in Finance/Customer service and live in Brighton. I'm a big fan of adult colouring, wrestling, tv in general etc.

Arron is 29 and my OH. We have been together for nearly 7 years. He works in retail and likes gaming, horror films and generally being young at heart!

We moved in together in Brighton last June and have already been to Orlando once since then for HHN and Universal in September.

Why this trip?

We watch WWE wrestling quite often and have done since 2010/11 pretty frequently. When they annouced Wrestlemania was to be in Orlando on April 2nd 2017 I half jokingly suggested going. It snowballed and actually became a real trip!

Plans

So after we got back I had been hoping we could grab a Wrestlemania package which would include 5 nights accomodation, tickets to Wrestlemania, Raw, Smackdown, NXT and Hall of Fame as last year's price was really good but put that to the back of my mind.

I was browsing flights and came across Virgin PE flights for 27th March-5th April for £1440 miles plus money. These were only coming out about £100 pp more than Economy and I was reluctant as was hoping these would drop but Arron convinced me. So on November 1st I booked our flights!

At this point I put down £33 for Rosen at Pointe for the extent of our stay which is obviously refundable. £500 left to pay by the end of March.

What Culture pro wrestling(UK based with hilarious Youtube videos) annouced a event on Saturday 1st April in the afternoon so 2 tickets for that were £65 roughly in rows 3-5.

At this point the packages had been released and were WAY more expensive than before so I decided we could do everything ourselves for less money

On the 16th November we got tickets to Wrestlemania at the Camping World/Citrus bowl for Row K in an amazing block. These were around £700!

Since this point I bought tickets to Smackdown on 4th April at the Amway center for Arron's birthday(12th December) and these were £180 roughly.

The only other thing I have got done is paid for bus seats to Wrestlemania and back which was £30.

Upcoming

I need to get 2 tickets to NXT as I couldn't when they went on sale, should be under £200 though.
We already have insurance & ESTAs as we went so recently

The next thing is Universal(4 day) and Disney(2 day) tickets. I have been looking on Undercover tourist and will book them towards the end of January.

Itinerary

26th March-Stay at Premier Inn North
27th March-Breakfast at hotel, Virgin 11:20 flight-land at 15:35. Check into Rosen and dinner at Millers
28th March-Day at Epcot and Magic Kingdom
29th March-Day at Universal
30th March-Day at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios
31st March-Chill then maybe Wrestlecon?
1st April-WhatCulture afternoon, NXT evening.
2nd April-Axxess during the day then Wrestlemania
3rd April-Day at Islands of Adventure
4th April-Maybe Universal/shopping/cinema. Smackdown in the evening.
5th April-Islands then flight home at 19:50pm.

Anyway, no more ideas yet but as its only a short trip we will be fitting everything in that we can

Edited at 06:14 PM.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like a interesting kind of trip & what better place to combine so many of your same loves! You must be so excited it's almost here
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Sounds like a interesting kind of trip & what better place to combine so many of your same loves! You must be so excited it's almost here
Ha Arron is so excited for the flight! But yes, it is approaching too quickly though!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Here i've circled roughly where our seats are...

Wrestlemania

Smackdown

Old 8 Jan 17, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi, sounds brilliant!
We are going to Wrestlemania too though the kids don't know yet. Think we will try and get tickets for a NXT event while we are there too as we loved it last time in Daytona. Enjoy xx
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
Hi, sounds brilliant!
We are going to Wrestlemania too though the kids don't know yet. Think we will try and get tickets for a NXT event while we are there too as we loved it last time in Daytona. Enjoy xx
Awesome, when are you planning to tell them?

Still got a few bits to get, like NXT tickets!

Have fun
Old 8 Jan 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Need to think of a fun way to tell them I think! Something Wrestling related! Should be good fun
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
Need to think of a fun way to tell them I think! Something Wrestling related! Should be good fun
Good luck with the reveal!
Old 19 Jan 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Jammy31
Apprentice Imagineer

Jammy31's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 24
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Ahhh! I'm going too! I'm sat in section 109 I still don't know what I have left to do (ESTA, Travel Money etc). I look forward to your trip report and seeing what you thought of the event

Jammy31 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jammy31 View Post
Ahhh! I'm going too! I'm sat in section 109 I still don't know what I have left to do (ESTA, Travel Money etc). I look forward to your trip report and seeing what you thought of the event
We're Row K in 108. So exciting!

I need to book park tickets, get money and get tickets to Wrestlecon. I will do at least a food report with extras!

Hope you enjoy too