Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 May 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
An American family invited us to join them for free on an Epcot fireworks cruise to share the magic
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Actually no , you often see business class offers on the transatlantic routes in the summer as there tend to be fewer conferences and more people take time off to be with their families so business travel is much lower then . If they were overbooked in economy it made sense to upgrade flying club members who they knew also paid for Upper and whose loyalty they value rather than some randoms at check in
Of course it’s clever too as the kids then want to know why they can’t always fly Upper

Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
In 2017 we’d booked for our family to go to Disney. There were 9 of us altogether including 2 children. We’d booked PE seats and a few months before we went, I received a telephone call from Virgin advising me there was an issue with our seats and they were upgrading us to Upper. For background, me and my husband often fly upper so I assumed they meant the two of us. I said that although that was lovely, it was difficult to accept as we were all looking forward to flying together-especially the children. They told us it was for the whole party. We couldn’t believe it and we had such a blast. It was on one of the 747’s and so it was almost like having our own private cabin.

This was in the August school holidays and why they would have done this, we could not fathom-especially so far away from the departure date as I’m sure they could have sold the seats many times over.

A brilliant start to the holiday and we still talk about it now.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=duchy;14954403]Actually no , you often see business class offers on the transatlantic routes in the summer as there tend to be fewer conferences and more people take time off to be with their families so business travel is much lower then . If they were overbooked in economy it made sense to upgrade flying club members who they knew also paid for Upper and whose loyalty they value rather than some randoms at check in
Of course it’s clever too as the kids then want to know why they can’t always fly Upper [/QUOTE

True, but it was the number of us and it was March when they contacted us about an August flight. And yes... if the children aren’t flying Upper now (which they sometimes now do) they are asking where their beds are! 😀
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

My coffee table. Which I do (jokingly) say will also be my coffin
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

[QUOTE=Mqt;14954412]
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Actually no , you often see business class offers on the transatlantic routes in the summer as there tend to be fewer conferences and more people take time off to be with their families so business travel is much lower then . If they were overbooked in economy it made sense to upgrade flying club members who they knew also paid for Upper and whose loyalty they value rather than some randoms at check in
Of course it’s clever too as the kids then want to know why they can’t always fly Upper [/QUOTE

True, but it was the number of us and it was March when they contacted us about an August flight. And yes... if the children aren’t flying Upper now (which they sometimes now do) they are asking where their beds are! 😀
Ha ha , it worked then. , by March they’d have a pretty good idea as that’s usually when they decide if they will have two flights a day or consolidate to one . You must have picked a popular day
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

A few years back I was travelling to Los Angeles with my Dad and brother, we were seated all over the plane, when i got to check in we asked if we could be seated together, got the usual answer of flights full.
Got to the gate and got a call to the counter to say we had a free upgrade to Club, turns out that the supervisor on the flight I used to work with, he recognised my name when looking through the comments on the flight and gave us the upgrade.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
In Amsterdam I paid for one lady of the night and they threw in a second one at no extra cost (they were doing a special BOGOF).
I’m a little disappointed that everyone who posted got a like by the OP except me😪
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

We were in Epcot at the time Innoventions opened. DH and I were invited to take part in a survey about our experience there. Not just a questionnaire, but in a conference room upstairs at Art of Disney. We were given refreshments and $200 Disney Dollars as a thank you. X
Old 9 May 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I’m a little disappointed that everyone who posted got a like by the OP except me😪
But did you get a ‘like’ from either of the extremely lucky ladies?

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
But did you get a ‘like’ from either of the extremely lucky ladies?
They laughed at me and said I had paid for an hour and 3 minutes was plenty😁
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List